kie

Custom Gear

Possible, but I doubt it. He probably wouldn't go "hey I'm going to reload now even though I still have ammo."

When given the opportunity to reload/top off, why won't you? You have to check out the choreography of the scene to really understand the context. I really suggest watching the movie, cool movie imo.

Anyways, less OT, more custom gear. Anyone have any tips on working with kydex?

Possible, but I doubt it. He probably wouldn't go "hey I'm going to reload now even though I still have ammo."

Its called a tactical reload!!!! if you know your low on ammo in your mag you reload regardless & move the empty mag to either your empty mag pouch or as in the movie discard the mags for fresh full mags! no professional knowing that they were running low would let there weapon fully empty as a full reload means having to go thru your stop weapon checks! & anyway its a movie so the fact that they did a reload was frankly amazing considering most movie weapons have infinite ammo while in a fire fight!

Better to have 15 rounds now than 6 rounds now and 15 later.

I see. Of course, it's not like a fresh round has to be chambered or anything like that.

The Cleric Sidearm isn't actually a Beretta in the movie, it fires straight away. If I remember correctly it's treated as though it's automatic at some parts. It's a scifi movie, they even use a WA2000 as a shotgun. Real life rules (I suppose "Physics" would be a better term) don't exactly apply to films.

When given the opportunity to reload/top off, why won't you? *snip*

Of course, but it would appear as if he's reloading during the firefight. In that situation, it wouldn't make as much sense to pull a "tactical reload" in the middle of a firefight.

Of course, but it would appear as if he's reloading during the firefight. In that situation, it wouldn't make as much sense to pull a "tactical reload" in the middle of a firefight.

If you haven't seen the movie, he's essentially DANCING THROUGH A HAIL OF BULLETS. Realism isn't a big deal, it's sci-fi.

Modified Arktis 1602 side with pals molle:

during the work:

hpim0841y.th.jpg

hpim0845.th.jpg

End with pouches:

hpim0856.th.jpg

During a pause of the game:

arktis.th.jpg

I added 2x2 magazine pouch and a foldable spentmag pouch instead of the usual Arktis pouches. This let me keep the pouches higher than usual in that side (and to go in kneeling position easyer) keeping the vest a little low (to have easyer access to the back pouches).

i have a small question

where can i buy acu fabric (it doesn't need to be 1000d condure just regular nylon will work )

and where can i find molle straps and large peices of (acu) velcro

im planning on building my own tactical vest

Got a friend of mine to do some work for me :)

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Sewn pockets on the upper sleeves of my field shirts.

DSC_0033.jpg

And velcro to the pocket flaps of my rainjacket.

Maybe not new to you guys, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on my base with this stuff done ;)

Edited by Lerch

whipped up a custom concealment cloak type affair:

and in a more natural setting, perhaps i should have added more green:

That looks like it would work well if you were hiding in the tall brown grasses.

I can still see you...

its almost like im the subject of the photo.

although yes in hindsight it needs more green.

then again airsoft is a fashion show, and no one else has it, i guess that's a positive

New bag hot off the sewing machine. First bit of kit I have made my self. Quite pleased with it despite the rubbish stitching in places. Designed to hold the few bits and pieces I need for a CQB game, a few spare MP7 mags, a radio and some pyro, nothing more, nothing less.

post-30394-1257370350_thumb.jpg

post-30394-1257370362_thumb.jpg Despite how it looks that long mp7 mag doesn't actually stick out the top as far as it appears to.

post-30394-1257370387_thumb.jpg

Might add a bit of padding to the strap on the shoulder area. Undecided about a zip at the moment, as I don't plan on using this for every day stuff and when playing I need quick access I have left it off for now.

If any one is really interested I'll post a guide in the project section of how to make one.