• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

I'm not certain if the guy who makes them is publicising it here yet, I'll find out and get back to you.

Either way they're extremely nice patches, more a cool novelty for me than anything.  But for milisim players/teams at those big games with a lot of NV kit floating about, pretty awesome.

I'm not certain if the guy who makes them is publicising it here yet, I'll find out and get back to you.

Either way they're extremely nice patches, more a cool novelty for me than anything.  But for milisim players/teams at those big games with a lot of NV kit floating about, pretty awesome.

That would be great. Cheers!

Cool novelty is perfectly good for me, I don't play in the dark much... :P

• 1 month later...

Built a couple inserts for my newly acquired 6094. Already have inserts for my 308 and MP7 mags, just needed a way to carry my P90 mags (FINALLY).

20130706_224501.jpg

Still a bit rough around the edges, but I'm finally getting this sewing thing down I think!

Edited by colwombat

Quickly take a match/lighter to the ends of the webbing tabs you've got holding the bungee in place maybe?  Other than that looks like extremely nice work.

Very small update to my HSGI/G-Code drop-leg.  I'd originally not factored in the need to buy additional nuts and bolts to hold the thing together and I'd been running it with just the 3 (of the possible 5) which wasn't very secure and in certain kneeling positions the cordura would bend in such a way as to strip the screws right out of their mountings.  Luckily G-Code have the sense to sell the various screws and small hardware parts that they use in small packets separately, so I've locked everything down now.

IMG_1653_zpsade45d38.jpg

IMG_1642_zpse698efb7.jpg

Fortunately the chrome parts are nicely covered up when a holster is mounted.

I'm aware, but it's not needed in this instance.  The holes were made with a soldering iron, so what you essentially have is a solid nylon plastic channel going all the way through.  The screws actually cut their own thread going in and the heads of said screws are actually sat on top of that plastic 'tube' as it were.

I've run it at a dozen or so skirmishes now and I'm not one to remain stationary a lot or only move slowly, no sign of damage or anything being pulled through.  They're anchored in to a thick layer of numerous materials.

What type of foam do you use to squash the hot kydex? I need to make a sheath for my bushcraft knife.

Also, did you sand down the edges of the holster?

I use fire retardant foam which you can buy from ebay for a few pounds. Finishing the edges involves using a dremel to cut the shape, a sharp knife to clean up the burs and finally sandpaper to smooth the edges. At least that's how I do it.

Been busy recently :D

MC Shopping Bags (got some left, hinthint)

P1000768-Kopie.jpg

Bigger Version of my HaM Pack, called "HaM +"

P1000901-Kopie.jpgP1000905-Kopie.jpg

Enough space in the outer pocket and Velcro in the inner:
P1000907-Kopie.jpgP1000908-Kopie.jpg

Messenger bag with Cobra Buckles:

P1000851-Kopie.jpgP1000856-Kopie.jpg

And a rather large order in CB and MC (and black, but forgot to take pics...):

IMG_0610.jpgIMG_0611.jpg

Just getting into the swing of things myself here..  Blagged myself a sewing machine and am just awaiting a few materials so I can experiment!

As a quick question, is DIYTactical on the decline?  I ask, as I have registered, yet my account still hasn't activated.  I have read that the owner can often be away for long periods of time, but even mailing him I have had nothing back!  The forums look very much active, which is a shame, because everyone says that is 'the' place to go!