• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

They had a good try, but no banana.

I've been aware of the velocity offerings for a long time but (for starters) their Lightweight PC has no PALS on the back where mine does, kinda important if you want a hydro pouch or anything else back there.  It also lacks spacer mesh lining inside which was one of my main criteria and it was fairly pointless for me to buy a PC with a cummerbund when I already had a different one purchased from another company specifically for this use in this setup

They've released the OAV, LoViz, Plate Harness etc in the mean time which get kinda close and the SCARAB almost ticks the boxes I'd want it to, but it misses the mark.  Far as I can see the PALS flap on the abdomen is integrated which is unnecessary weight and bulk if you're using the placard system, no opening for an integrated admin pouch on the chest, the shoulder straps are way too narrow, again I wouldn't want or need the cummerbund when there's a much better option available and the zip-on back panels aren't something I'm personally interested in seeing as I don't carry much at all on my back and they're not exactly standardised across the industry.

• 4 weeks later...

Again, nothing as cool as Eklam's work, just making stuff that I can't find.

Made a QD system for my Platatac Bullock. I wanted to be able to dismount the pack easier if I didn't need it for the game/ I wanted a smaller pack for hikes or shooting, etc. I made 6 of the hook thingys and it seems to work great dinking around the house. The true test will be a game (hopefully sometime)

20141222_202205.jpg

Made a double pistol pouch that fits my Deagle/ Five-SeveN mags. I couldn't find anything that really worked with these mondo mags in MC/DD/AOR1 so I made my own. Again, not the cleanest work, but it suits my needs. Sure, I could run just one pistol, but why? I also had considered pistol TACOs, but I found if I proned out, it would hit the valve and vent gas all over. That's not really a concern with the mags mounted on the cummerbund, but this will keep them cleaner.

20141222_202130.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

JOYF8fTh.jpg

Had some pouches tailored for me by Eklam (/Flimmuur Tactical) since HSGI stopped making their tacos in A-TACS FG. A small wait for materials followed by an even smaller one for them to be made up and I finally have a low[er] drag setup than my previous triple-decker tacos which were absurd.

Four rifle tacos and four pistol tacos, slightly extended so they grip my XDM mags better (feed lips + relatively lengthy pistol mag = poor retention in the HSGI ones)

Beautiful tailoring and none of the horrors of having to use malice clips to attach these ones!

• Like 1