The Gunblade

Belladonna

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You actually made me stop knitting just to browse through this thread.

On personal taste, I'd want the blade to be longer and knife-like than something resembling a hatchet.

Its aim isnt to be a stabbing weapon, merely a slashing melle tool. Keeping the blade short is more an issue to maintain the weapons overall size for holstering and manouvrability.

good idea funny how the first things i thought of was the blade weapons no the FF one lol

if it was a black DE i would say it looks awful but seen as its a chrome "pimp" eagle i think it would make it look better that and a can of black spray lol

what foam core you using, i am a larper and sometimes dabble making weapons if you had a close cell foam core and cover it with 4 or 5 layers of liquid latex adding some of GW boltgun metal paint to the last 2 layers you would get a nice metal look and it be melee safe...well as safe as a DE with a blade stuck on it.

fetish shops dont have to stuff you need, they have the stuff they you can peel off and it doesnt set right (dont ask how i know just trust me lol)......you want to get it from a special effects shop online or a costume shop that will set correctly.

if you wanna make it truly melee safe you could edge it in a soft foam before covering it with latex that way you wouldnt have to pull your blows as much.

Frankly I think it will hurt. Hurt the user of the gunblade, in this case, Bella.

Most people who will get scared *beep* at 2m, like if this thing comes around the corner, will not run or look at it. They will put a uncontrollable burst of fire, probably 120 rounds from a midcap, into the person wielding this thing. Then they might run, or they might scream when they see the user covered in blood from 120 bb rounds in the face. :P

If something like this came out of the doorway, I would shoot until my mag goes dry, and then go at it with a ka-bar. Ask questions latter, once I establish this "thing" isn't a threat anymore. Of course that scenario is if someone surprised me with this at CQC ranges. If I was forewarned of this blade, or in the woods, such radical means wouldn't be necessary.

Pablo--> I was kidding with the ka-bar. :P

I'm just making the point, that running out on someone with a blade like that, might result in a painful blast of bb's at close range. People react instinctively, and lots of guys would just pull the trigger. Especially at night, in CQC, or low light conditions. It might spook them out to much.

Hangon, so if you saw someone with a fancy gun, youd shoot them to ######, then stab them?

why would someones natural reaction be to do that? how much attention do you pay to someone elses gun in a firefight anyway?

i dont intend to use it as a mele weapon. its JUST asthetics...

Oh, and your such a big man arnt you? youd be terrified of the little girl with a big pistol?youd shoot and stab a woman? your balls must be the size of atoms....

Belladona, calm down a bit. :P

As I said Iwas kidding with the Ka-Bar.

And as I said, in CQC, low light etc.. people don't see if it's a girl, fancy gun or not. They will see at a range of 0,5-2m a shiny axe-blade coming at them. It will spook them out, exactly as you wanted. Which will result in getting a painful blast of bb's in the face.

Nobody will get spooked out in daylight, the woods etc...

But suddenly lashing out at someone in a building with this, might get you a nice burst.

BTW, you can leave the "ball size" ###### out, it doesn't impress anybody. :P

You can carry such a blade anytime, nobody will forbid you doing it. Nobody will even shoot at you at range. Just my 2 cents, that at close range, with the element of surprise, you might get more scare-effect than you wanted. And it might hurt you.

who said lashing out? and if im using it, its likely a pistol game, not a normal game day...

they will see the blade? well actually, consideringthe gun is bigger, wont they see that first? :P the barrel? the holder? Ill get the same treatment anyone rounding a corner with any handgun will... it will be an 'oshi' which tobe honest, i think will cause most people to hesetate for the split second i need to shoot them... intimidation? sure. pants soiling, uncontrolable fire causing? i doubt it...

and btw, the last person who did that to me at an event, was booted off site shortly after...

emptying a mag into any player who has called out is a stupid idea and plain unsafe/ retarded

Suggest you go out and play a night CQC game, and try flashing that blade at someone. They will be spooked as hell, the same if you flashed a realistic imitation knife at them. And people who have guns or even replica guns in their hands, and get spooked, shoot first, think later.

As you said you want to get:

loose control of thier bowels

Pablo--> Might be the face, might be the chest, doesn't matter. It will hurt. Even if it "only" 20rds not 120rds.

Anyway, it's not me who will get a burst using that, thanks God.

It's a nice project, I'm just pointing out it might (but not must) be unsafe for usage in a skirmish, especially at night and close range. Unsafe for the person wielding it.

No point in pulling this on, waiting for more pictures when done. :)

Well, I still kinda stick with my oringinal if somewhat incohearant rant. The project gun itself as it stands, really does not look all that. While granted it still in developement stage what I was trying to get across was that FF8's *while utter ######* it did have truly unusual if a little unique weapons designs. Blades although some what blander design

Yes i looked at the FF gunblades, but to be honest, the blade style of slash melle weapon is more my style... a quick swipe at the jugular of one opfor and blast several others.... multitasking

Then you haven't seen the FF8 Gunblade......

Also Steathbomber has picked up interesting point

How do you plan to fix it to the gun?

If it was me I think I would fix the blade to a 20mm mount of some sort (riser block perhaps) and make the shape more generic so it could be fitted to any pistol with a railed frame.

Oh, and then I'd bolt a rail to the DE frame.

Personally I'd try to bolt it on something Unlike a Poisiden Kit. *I.E having a what you said but then maybe some shaped plastic masquerade the actual 'Insides'

Spedz; WTF have you been smoking? unsure.giftongue.gif

Well I found my self in a field in the morning. Hope that helps :P

[edit] Tags....

Spetz: ive seen thier gunblades, not my style. Sure that blade one is a model... mine will be significantly more win.

as for fixing it, ill be attaching it to tapped holes in the milliput (this stuff goes rock hard (suitable for bearing its own weight and tapping) and screwing it to the lower frame from the inside of the lower, and the base near the handguard, possible at the trigger guard too...

it looks simple now, but it will be much more ornate, YET, i intend to keep its more, artistic attributes inline with the IMI desert eagles lines... i dont want it looking out of place.

will it look like that blade one? no.

will it look *fruitcage* awesome? most definitely.

will people hose me with a midcap if i approach them with it? well if they do, i tell you they will know the meaning of 'woman scorned'

sorry filip, but your point makes no sense. people will light you up no more if you are carrying a bloody great pistol with a bit of plastic stuck on it than if you're carrying any old chrome desert eagle.

FFS, if youre playing low light CQB and jump out at a nervous individual waving a rubber chicken and yelling "WIFFLE!" you're just as likely to get hosed, although most people wouldnt do that anyway.

will people hose me with a midcap if i approach them with it? well if they do, i tell you they will know the meaning of 'woman scorned'

Personally, I don't drop the hammer unless people refuse to call their hits. Then it's on like Donkey Kong as long as the hostile is beyond minimum safe engagement distance.

As for shooting at the wimmins - I've noticed that the ladies that play at Fort Ord are usually high-speed. It's not uncommon to see them playing as hard or harder than us men.

I also really like it when the younger guys stop to watch them and thus make for quick kills.

But...

I do find myself shooting at said women first because they tend to be the greater threat.

some people have no sense of "its a game" please try and get over yourself Filip. If people are that nervous where you play then i would look at a different site, or does the idea of a girl slotting you with a DE make you wanna cry? lol

as for miliput (i hate the stuff personally) it is a very strong putty when it is fully cured just make sure you wear rubber gloves when using it because it can cause skin cancer, other than that if you try the "larpy" idea of mine then you can carve the detail in and cover it with latex and still get a nice looking blade out of it.

only thing that i can really say is make sure you can take the bloody thing off without wrecking the Deagle

sorry filip, but your point makes no sense. people will light you up no more if you are carrying a bloody great pistol with a bit of plastic stuck on it than if you're carrying any old chrome desert eagle.

FFS, if youre playing low light CQB and jump out at a nervous individual waving a rubber chicken and yelling "WIFFLE!" you're just as likely to get hosed, although most people wouldnt do that anyway.

tbh, i would....

oh NOW i find out it causes cancer >> WONDERFUL....

Detachable? yep, should be 4 small screw holes max, ones i can fill, i also intend to replace the plastic body with a guarder metal kit when it comes out (soon)... so they wont matter tbh.

Archived