The Gunblade

Belladonna

TBH, I reckon if you can't control yourself in a CQB environment then you shouldn't be playing.

If you see a person with an M203 do you assume it's real?

What about an AK?

So, just cos you see a knife, what would make you assume that was real?

When you unexpectedly meet an opponent there's no reason to lose control and act without thought. :waggle:

Personally, I'm not too hot on this kind of thing either, but for the opposite reason. I just can't see the advantage of it.

If you are close enough to get a kill with this then you might as well just touch the person on the shoulder and say "bang!" and you've still got the hassle of holstering it.

None of which makes much difference either way if the person wants to do it. :)

The only reservation I have of the use of any melee weapon in airsoft is when the person using it acts like a nobber.

Basically, if Pozzie is going to be sneaking around corners and tapping people with the blade then fine.

If she's gonna be charging around, waving the gun around then I'm going to ask her to stop because I don't want to risk getting my teeth knocked out by a DE.

Same thing applies to bayonets or knives for exactly the same reason.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, I'm not too hot on this kind of thing either, but for the opposite reason. I just can't see the advantage of it.

If you are close enough to get a kill with this then you might as well just touch the person on the shoulder and say "bang!" and you've still got the hassle of holstering it.

aesthetics. an M9 (for example) will do the same job as a desert eagle but the desert eagle may be considered cooler by some (despite being much bigger and harder to holster)

aesthetics. an M9 (for example) will do the same job as a desert eagle but the desert eagle may be considered cooler by some (despite being much bigger and harder to holster)

Way to quote out of context. :rolleyes:

I DID say that the practicalities of it don't matter if the person WANTS to do it.

Stealthbomber--> I'm playing airsoft, so I'm prepared to see an m203, ak, m16 etc... I'm not prepared to see a realistic looking axe blade coming down on me. :) At least not on a typical game. :)

As I repeated a few times, it's no problem if everybody is forewarned of this. Just saying that someone might freak out and shoot then think, if he doesn't except something like this.

I think you know the term reflex shot. It happens all the time in airsoft, and you have a much bigger chance of being on the receiving end, if you flash an ax at someone. :P

Were we play, you wouldn't get a burst in the head in that case, as in CQC and night combat we are self-restricted to single shot only (and 350fps).

So just one shot probably. But there are a lot of places where people play with auto=on in CQC, and I wouldn't take the risk of running at night with this thing, freaking people out.

Im still rather bothered by a certain someone's skittishness...

and dont worry stealthie, i dont intend to be hitting anyone with this, its the furthest thing from my mind... its a pure asthetic, id NEVER use it for a melle kill.... yeah, if i was that close, id give em a chance of a bang kill.... everyone knows banging strangers in the dark is fun! (ehem)

Holsterwise, im considering a design gripping the top rail, ie, the gun slots into it. or possibly just a Scabard style holster. Whatever it is will have to be quite deep ...

Progress: Filler is on the blade, now the laborious job of sanding it down flat.... not fun!

The idea of something latching onto the slide sounds good but you probably don't want to do that.

If you do it means that whenever you move around the force will all be on the slide rails.

Basically, grab hold of your DE with one hand on the grip and the other on the muzzle. Now twist the muzzle.

I reckon you could probably mangle it up fairly easily by doing that.

Now picture yourself retreating through a doorway when the grip of your DE gets snagged on the door-frame. What's gonna happen?

for the nay sayers

i fail to see the differeance between this and any other LARP style knife used in airsoft. it just different. (not different like i "customedised" my m4 dofferent truly different

i routinly have an m9 bayo strapped to all sorts of wierd things including my shotguns. if thwe users wants it and the site allows the use of such items then where is the issue.?

and von whatever it is. if you ever hosed me like that at pointblank range intentionaly i would probably buttkiss you with whatever gun i was carrying at the time. a whole mag is a *fruitcage* pisstake a short snap burst happens its airsoft.

and from your attitude you are evidently one of the kind of player i despise the most ie the muppet sort.

mprojectk: im sanding it by hand.... yeah, i know >>

Stealthie: Not the slide, the under barrel... ie, the lower frame of the firearm... not the moving bits or anything like that. Just to these points....

DesertEagle.jpg

ah and progress... still needs the surface finishing, but its nearly there....

DSC01328.jpg

get it down to a perfect smooth finish next. possibly leaving some jaggedness to the blade, as though its taken some hits...

I think Stealth was referring to the holster when he mentioned the slide rails, wasn't he? Because I can easily picture what he means if he was referring to the holster.

But looking good so far. What are you going to be using for the colour?

personally i prefer this gunblade :)

gunblade-vero.jpg

altho a Desert Eagle gun blade may look cooler if you used the longer barrelled version and extended the blade passed the muzzle, i'll see if i can't photoshop what i mean

EDIT: it looks so pants i decided not to even save the image i came up with, its probably something to do with the way the grip looks on the DE, it just doesn't really look right

tbh it will look alot like the Maulers from Perfect Dark ie these

mission16_40.jpg

Archived