Jing Gong Ika Zuchi 'Thunder Maul'

Pic-age:

Image003-2.jpg

Image002-4.jpg

Description:

The Jing Gong 'Thunder Maul' (their name) is a copy of a kit that was previously produced by Poseidon, Japan, called the Ika Zuchi. The weapon is clearly styled on futuristic animes such as Bubblegum Crisis and Appleseed, but is in fact an in-house design by Poseidon. It is somewhat obviously built round an M-4 platform, and is compatible with all Marui/CA/other ACM Armalite parts. G&P ones may not fit. ICS gearbox parts will not (pretty sure internals will, though).

Front-to back:

We start at the front with the muzzle and foregrip. Both are rubberised and must be removed to fit the 8.4v mini pack battery (one is supplied...its pretty naff). A 9.6v will not fit into the same space. There is an orange painted-on tip and you can see the inner barrel has a thread around the outside. This allows you to fit a silencer adapter (supplied) which fits flush with the orange tip and you can then add any -14mm threaded accessory. The foresight looks a bit prone (I expect this to break soon) and is of hollow plastic to allow the battery wires to move behind it. One point to note is that the front of the battery can be seen when in place - I partially hide mine by putting black insulting(sii) tape around it. There is a 2-ridge RIS rail under the barrel but one shouldnt attach anything with any weight to it, or which supports the gun - it is plastic and a bit flimsy. The front part of the foregrip is retained by a small screw, but if you use the silencer adapter, that does the job just as well. Add to that the rubber coating on this part which makes it a bit difficult to remove. Removing it should be done by holding the gun in the lap, holding the barrel with one hand and pushing the back of the removable part with the thumb of the other hand. Investing in a trained octopus may be a wise move ;) The foresight is plastic and non adjustable. Inner barrel length is in the 180-200mm range.

The foregrip is nicely rubberised with no obvious faults and is pretty comfy once you work out how to hold it right.

The silver metal parts are a gunmetal colour, with a bit of sparkle...some shades lighter than anthracite. It looks quite obviously like metal coloured plastic rather than like real metal (funny that, eh? ;) ) and has a very toy-like feel but I dont mind that. All the silver parts plus the foregrip are one piece making removing the carry handle part impossible without removing the entire kit. For those worrying about how to access the internals, the job is done by removing screws and splitting the silver/rubberised parts from the body. Very easy, and its also easy to see why the original Poseidon kits required some fettling to get them to fit. Of course, JG has done the job for you here, so thats easy. The rearsight is standard M4 fare with adjustments for elevation and windage. With the extra plasticwork, its hard to get your fingers in to use the carry handle. It has a hole in the handle to mount an M-16 scope or scope mounted RIS rail.

All the wording on the left side of the gun is a transfer, and looks a bit cheesy.

The cocking handle opens the dust cover and pulls back the fake bolt to reveal the black plastic-geared hop unit, as youd expect. The forward assist is non-functional.

Grip is of an SPR-type, but rubberised. As such I find it pretty darned uncomfortable and a G27 type is a future purchase. Southpaws can use it but it may be be uncomfier still. All the M4 parts you can see are plastic with the exception of the trigger, mode selector and dust cover. They are in a dull grey colour.

The stock has the same silver plastic put over a normal plastic M-4 stock. The stock takes a slight bit more work to remove than a normal M-4 one as the plastic gets in the way of the adjuster lever, so you have to sorta pull down the bolt that the level pulls to remove it. Which is one of the first things you should do, because the stock has a sling point at its base which gets annoyingly in the way of the forward assist. You can remove the stock and tube, and turn this over so its on the other side.

Use:

I have nowhere to test this yet so have no idea on range, accuracy or power. It fires with a clacky sound rather than a bumph of a longer M-16 (as expected) and the plastic body makes it even louder. I hope to test it this Sunday, other things permitting.

Wow, you got your's already? Nice.

One question, does this make you angry? :D

Hmm...its OK but not really. Im not big on MP7s, whereas I have a zillion Armalites :D Im already magged up to my eyeballs :lol:

The bodywork feels...flexible. But the entire thing looks and feels obviously like a toy. I want to take it to a milsim game just to annoy the geardos ;)

To add:

1) Standard M16 30rnd mags will fit without mods - and Thermold style mags will with some mild material removal. Boxmags are out. Cmags and Drums can fit.

2) Mine is 380fps. Range is decent, but the IB is tiny, so that's expected.

3) Rubberised makes for good grip.

4) Gah, horrid orange tip.

Mah pictars!

Left side:

P4230016.jpg

Right side:

P4230020.jpg

Left side stock out:

P4230022.jpg

Right side stock out:

P4230021.jpg

Bit of modding lets you put a Thermold in her, and she looks good with the extra ridges:

P4230023.jpg

P4230024.jpg

And of course, Silencers!

P4240025.jpg

Bit of modding lets you put a Thermold in her, and she looks good with the extra ridges:

awesome picture snip

LOL is it just me or does that sound really really dirty?

And of course, Silencers!

awesome picture snip

and omg that silencer makes it look so damn sexy

Why would you even own, let alone review that, that.....thing.

Because I've taken the virginity of every woman over the age of 18 that you have ever known, know, or will know. And they loved my extra ridges. Owning the ThunderMaul is just the icing on the cake.

To ###### off people like you. Good enough reason for me. Looks hawt with the silencer DarkLite, reckon that orange would take paint alright?

:zorro:

QFT.

Some people like to be individual, not just another cloned delta force walt :D

Incidentally...I swapped the spring out for a 1J...no real change in ROF.

Edited by GuzziHero
QFT.

Some people like to be individual, not just another cloned delta force walt :D

Incidentally...I swapped the spring out for a 1J...no real change in ROF.

The JG motor is a High-torque motor, Very strong (Can pull a 500fps spring easily) but not very fast.

Because I've taken the virginity of every woman over the age of 18 that you have ever known, know, or will know. And they loved my extra ridges. Owning the ThunderMaul is just the icing on the cake.

Holy sh!t thats awesome!!!!1!111!!!111!!1eleven!!!1

Actually, I love Sci-Fi/Anime guns so this might be the first/only JG gun I purchase....

Took the Thundermaul for a skirmish yesterday - tis a very good little jungle gun, actually.

I thought the silver body would really give it away in the bush, but it worked exceptionally well, and I was almost stepped on at one point when crawling. The ACOG is a standard RDS style one, mounted on a Rail designed to fit on armalite carry handles. A proper ACOG with magnification will fit on the carry handle directly.

IMGP3842.jpg

IMGP3852.jpg

There should be some better pics later.

I used a few PFI smoke grenades yesterday. Here's a short demo vid - and you get a brief glimpse of the Thundermaul.

This thing looks pretty nice. Though i dont see how you can use it Darklite its soo small and you have long arms(like myself).

I can only hope for a MN-23 to come out now!!!

It's very ergonomic - Even though it's small, it still works well.

Mine is d/gd to 1J

ROF...medium slow. Probably average for an 8.4 but I never usually use 8.4 these days.

BB spread at 120ft is about 3-4ft.

Whats HU?

Bushes...wouldnt know, I play CQB.

The hop seems too powerful for the d/gd spring and .2g BBs. Im going to try a H-hop, and then .25g.