Somehow I'm destroy gloves. My Oakley Factory Pilot gloves lasted about 2 days. I tried football gloves and they lasted longer but still fell apart. Regular nomex flight gloves were my favorite because they were durable and cheap, but not as dextrous as the Oakley gloves. My flight gloves lasted about a year (probably more but I'm forgetful) before the leather started to see real damage.

Pics of the almost instant damage to my Oakley gloves. I'm left handed so my right hand sees a lot of the hard use.

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

I was walking around REI looking for a nice locking carabiner when I saw these Petzel rappelling gloves. The color was good, and I tried them on; the fit was great and quite form fitting. The leather palms have been durable during some hard use (4 games so far and they're just getting more comfy) and they are very dextrous. 3 of the games were local, and one was at a single day event OP LC Appreciation Day (part II). At the op I was literally running, sliding, climbing and crawling up and down the hills and cliffs all day long with no regard for my gear.

I can work my tools, write, use my iphone and apply chap stick without feeling I need to take off the gloves. The price was good too, under $30 plus I used my yearly dividends to save another $14 or so. And the little hole in the cuff is nifty.

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4161.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG

The only downside is that I can't use a watch with these, but that's been the case with all my gloves except the flight gloves and even those were not comfy at all.

I can work my tools, write, use my iphone and apply chap stick without feeling I need to take off the gloves.

iPhone usage without taking off the gloves!?!! Liar!!! ;)

I never thought I'd see the day in which you of all people were satisfied with a pair of gloves! Let's hope they do right by you through OP:LCVII ^_^

-A

• 3 weeks later...