SIG 552 Commando

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey how does the 551 work out, I know they havent gotten the best reviews, I think it would be interesting to see that m4 stock on a Sig 552.

Reviews tended to be a bit mixed on these. They are a very heavy solid gun with good build quality and finish. I've always liked this gun, it's very comfortable to use and fire.

I don't think very many were made, they seem to be quite rare.

Reviews tended to be a bit mixed on these. They are a very heavy solid gun with good build quality and finish. I've always liked this gun, it's very comfortable to use and fire.

I don't think very many were made, they seem to be quite rare.

They are no longer made, Nobody seemed to trust the burst, but I dont know how much of that was true as So many people who said the burst was a problem Never actually had the freakin gun...

I want a Sig so bloody bad... :(

The burst is fine. Adjustable from 3-7 rounds, never been a problem!.

Personally I think this was one of TM's better offerings over the years and it's a shame it's slipped from the line up.

Like you said, too much " hearsay " seemed to be involved........ <_<

The burst is fine. Adjustable from 3-7 rounds, never been a problem!.

Personally I think this was one of TM's better offerings over the years and it's a shame it's slipped from the line up.

Like you said, too much " hearsay " seemed to be involved........ <_<

Not really. Burt was a bad idea from the start.

It uses capacitators to get a charge, and then release it to fire a burst. These caps were just asking to burst.

Well, it was a nice gun and the burst function worked, as long as you didn't use it a lot in a short space of time.

Unfortunately, the burst function made the gun more expensive, and harder to produce, and MUCH harder to fix.

Having said that, I would love to see a M16a3 with semi and 3-round burst...

Fall_Ryan - if you're serious about the SIG, I may be able to hook you up with my old one, but not for cheap as it comes with magazines galore.

All I have to pay someone with is a Used Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Joystick... I'm pretty freakin broke. :(

Although, if you want to be charitable... LOL

There once was a SG552

That didn't know what to do

It wished to be a rifle

But oh what a trifle

And besides it's a strange thing to do

This is the first time I've tried taking pictures of my airsoft stuff so I know it could use a lot of work. I also realize my SG isn't the prettiest looking configuration but it works for me. :)

P.S. I intend to use the bottom rail in the future so I didn't bother taking it off. It's a work in progress that will most likely result in a longer barrel as well.

arsenal.jpg

laying.jpg

Sigstandingflash.jpg

It looks like an amped-up machine pistol

Heheh thanks! :)

I could put the stock back on for aesthetics but since the Sig will be mounted to my wheelchair it would probably serve little to no purpose. I can't say for sure since the mount isn't done yet but we'll see.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, I am a newbie here so hope you can help me. Ive just got a Sig552 (or CYMA 020a1 as it says on the box. And from looking on the web i see that us in the UK pay a dam site more than the rest of you in the world. Im looking to upgrade it so if anyone has any ideas id be happy to hear them. Thanks and happy hunting.

:D John

essentially CYMA make very cheap airsoft guns which are just about good enough for plinking around in your back garden but won't hack it in a skirmish. The AEG makers most people go to for "skirmishable" weapons are Tokyo Marui, ICS and Classic Army. Try looking on www.zerooneairsoft.com or any of the retailers listed down the side of the page to get an idea of skirmishable weaponry