Artistic Airsoft

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

you should crop the image so that you share the center with your friend and make the black side bars equal in thickness. right now its really unbalanced, but the pick is nice.

EDIT: lol, i just noticed that the black side bars are the doorway right? but anyway, you need to share the center, theres too much empty space on the left.

Edited by Horsem4n
  • 1 month later...

Ok so here is the first post!! Im not really into the photoshopping thing. I like using it, but I like getting stuff more natural and seeing the beauty in what is set before you with little to no manipulation or editing.

P1020625.jpg

P1020619.jpg

P1020615.jpg

P1020561.jpg

P1020589.jpg

These were all taken with a mildly decent camera but I just got a digital SLR (About twice the resolution as this one) and ive been itching to get out and try to get some good airsoft shots. Lemme know whatcha think!

Edited by REDRAPT0R

I had pics like some of these up and the mods took them down because they weren't deemed "good enough" or something stupid like that. I like them though, just don't get mad if other people in this thread say different.

Oh no I can dig that. Like I said, Im not a big fan of using photoshop. It can make a ###### shot look amazing. I prefer to actually take what I have around me and make the best with no editing whatsoever. Thats more artistic and "purest" if you ask me.

Redraptor, you need to work on your composition and framing. Those shots are all pretty boring, to be honest.

Here are a couple of example shots I took a while back on a friend's SLR: None have been photoshopped.

8thNovgame102.jpg

8thNovgame116.jpg

8thNovgame125.jpg

8thNovgame148.jpg

8thNovgame98.jpg

8thNovgame63.jpg

8thNovgame158.jpg

8thNovgame2.jpg

Redraptor, you need to work on your composition and framing. Those shots are all pretty boring, to be honest.

Here are a couple of example shots I took a while back on a friend's SLR: None have been photoshopped.

Oh yeah I know. I just wanted to contribute something. Back when I took these (back in November) I was using a small little viewfinder camera with mostly auto settings and honestly didnt really care, I was just getting some interesting shots for a website. With that said, Im hoping to get back out there with an actual SLR with adjustable settings and then trying my best to actually getting those "artsy" shots.

The juxtaposition of different elements in an image arranged into interesting combinations is pretty much what most forms of visual art are. Key points being "interesting" and "arranged". A picture of someone aiming a rifle becomes a hell of a lot more interesting if its composed well, for example with the rule of three, depth of field, specific focal points and framing relative to the environment.

I'd suggest people look these techniques up. It takes all of ten minutes to learn, twenty minutes to practice and you'll notice an immediate improvement in the quality and aesthetic appeal of your work. :)

Edited by DarkLite

That's right, fight that giant leafy plant....

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing how these pictures of people aiming rifles are "artistic" :unsure:

I dunno, for me personally they seem a hell of a lot more realistic and show more "emotion" (if you will) than some of these other shots that are taken into photoshop, cropped, filtered, resized, and messed with so much that it barely looks like the original shot, that didn't even look that great to begin with. And than people Oooo and Ahhhh over it because it has pretty colors or some crazy manipulation work. And thats cool, I can understand that. Graphic design is just as much an "art" as photography, but I feel like to get a really GOOD, unedited photo, it takes far more work and garners far more respect.

With that said, most of my shots are not very interesting because I lacked the know how and understanding of what makes a good photo the last time I took my camera out, which was over a year ago. Although I am impressed I got what I did with the crappy camera and lack of artistic knowledge I had. Also the camera I had (even though it was a point and shoot) was a relativly expensive camera so I didnt want to get TOO close the action and see it get damaged. And of course I tried not to get in the way of the other players.

P1020513.jpg

P1020621-1.jpg

Yeah, not feeling these pictures either. Good composition? Arguable. Worth posting here? Not really.

Uhg this kind of response irks me too. It's fine to have an opinion on someone else's work, but to say its not worth posting is a bit absurd. Everyone should have the chance to show off their work and have it "critiqued" no matter how awful it might look. Closing off the thread to only the really great shots is a very close-minded approach. Instead why don't we welcome some shots that people think are artistic and show them what could be done to improve the shot. That way we get both something to look at and we are helping a fellow member. I dunno, maybe I'm asking too much, this is an airsoft forum after all. Airsoft doesnt exactly gather the most mature crowds and sitting behind a keyboard doesnt help much.

Edited by REDRAPT0R