CAW M134 Minigun

orca

CAW (Craft Apple Works) Japan. Has officially posted on their website, the ability for Japanese customers to reserve their M134 Minigun. Price in Japan is ¥300,000, but the site states that is not a firm price.

m134_2.gif

http://www.caw.co.jp/store/caw/m134/index.html

This is probably the rumored Echo1 M134 as reported by Airsoft-news.eu, and makes sense for the relation of PHX/Jag Precision/Echo1 - CAW's Grenade Launcher and Shotgun line.

Edit: link fixed?

You're thinking of the creation one.

I spotted the news of this on airsoft-news.eu but there's abosultely no details other that "it's electric" and "costs a lot but not as much as others" to get excited about. If I remember correctly Echo1 are the ones behind CAW making it in the first place. Hopefully CAW will release some more details of it soon and it doesn't just turn out to be a naff body shell kit of some description - I'm pretty sure I heard something about it firing down the barrels properly but we'll have to see.

no no no no no no no no no.....

After seeing the creation one at Redwolf for <cough>lots of money</cough> I promised myself if i could get a working M134 for less than 1,500 i would.

This may go badly on my bank balance :)

For pure poop in the pants morale busting, nothing beats the 134. All you need is a leather jacket, shades and an ammo *badgeress* to go with it. Hopefully, it won't be the 40+ lbs the Asahi one is.

• 8 months later...

Just a heads up that the CAW minigun is now for sale on Zeroone. For a small price of £4000

I'd link but its Zeroone and it never works. However, looking at the gun it seems to me that its just the Echo1 minigun which can be picked up for £2500.

Whats the point in this one then?

Also they have the "long" barrel set for sale too.

...with a world wide recession on is it really that good an idea business wise to spend the money to bring in even one of these which will probably sit in stock for months on end when they could have spent it on something that's more likely to be bought by customers?

Sadly the recession only really hits hard those that aren't loaded. If you're filthy rich the recession will be but a blip in your cash flow :( You might be a little out of pocket but you'd still be loaded. If you had 4000 quid to spare for a toy in the first place you stand a fair chance on having it to spare despite everything.

Now where's that lottery ticket.

Not something I would buy to stock, but I'm always surprised how much money people will pay for a hobby. People pay £1000+ for golf clubs, £1000's to race their cars in formula's (I know I did :( )

And don't forget those who customise or bling their street cars.

Airsoft players are misers compared to them.

Uh, what?

It's quite simple really. If you have shitloads of cash then a recession is great. A lot of things and people's time drop in price as demand dries up so you can actually buy more stuff with the money you have.

Of course if all your money is tied up in bank stock and other shares then you're *fruitcage*ed...

Not something I would buy to stock, but I'm always surprised how much money people will pay for a hobby. People pay £1000+ for golf clubs, £1000's to race their cars in formula's (I know I did :( )

And don't forget those who customise or bling their street cars.

In middle of the 80s recession (1 in 10 out of work, year long miners strike etc) meself and couple of thousand other nutters were spending 2, 3 even 5 and 6 grand a pop on custom scooters (at mid 80s prob equiv of between 6 and 18 grand current money)

The recession knocked the *albartroth* out of the mass market dealers who were used to selling a bunde of 'off the shelf' low profit per unit bikes per week, but the small custom shops offering high profit per unit stuff still had enough business from the hardcore enthusiast market to keep their heads above water and actually did quite well.

Some folks had '*suitcase* loads of cash' but most folks probably hadnt much more than the average wage to play with - was just that a good chunk of what they did have was disposable income and their interest in their chosen passtime verged on obsessional (which as a result saw most of that disposable income going on that one passtime rather than spread over three or four competing interests).

Archived