TSI Armories™ Galil Series Review

TSI Armories Galil Series Complete Review

The crew over at TSI Armories just sent me my brand spankin' new Galils... and the immediate reaction is WOW!

TSI Armories™ is a new contributor to the commercial airsoft market, but not to Airsoft itself. Guy Ayal, founder of TSI Armories, was himself a member of the IDF (Israel Defense Force) for many years. Upon leaving the IDF, he quickly took up Airsoft and dreamed of Galils and all other things he came to know and love during his time with the IDF. Dissatisfied with the Galils already available to the airsoft consumer (he refused to call them Galils... more like AKs dressed up to look like Galils), he quickly realized that the only way he'd ever get a Galil that was as close to the real steel as possible... was if he made it himself. Designs began, an established machine shop was purchased and he was on his way. Refusing to budge on the finer details that made the Galil what it is, TSI invested over $100,000 in R&D, tooling etc, all in order to bring to the consumer a Galil of the highest caliber (though still 6mm of course!). They're aiming for 100% customer satisfaction and it shows. Was it worth it? I say, "Absolutely"... but then again... it wasn't my $100,000 to invest ;). That said, the TSI Galils I have in my possession are excellent and definitely as close to the real steel as anyone is ever going to get.

I hope you, the reader of this review, have the time to read through my lengthy (as always) review, as aside from the pretty pictures, there's a plethora of information contained herein, as well as an enlightening and interesting informational side by side comparison with the various Galils on the market today. Enjoy! ^_^

Real Steel Galil Background Info in a nutshell:
Designed by Yisrael Galili and Yaacov Lior for Israel Military Industries (IMI), the Galil's were introduced into active service with the Israeli Military in 1972. Although based on the Finnish RK 62, which in turn was designed after the Soviet AK-47 assault rifle, the majority of the Galil's variants were designed to use the 5.56x45mm NATO caliber (note that 7.62x51mm and mm 7.62x33mm variants do exist as well). The Real Steel Galil is currently produced by I.W.I. (Israel Weapon Industries which was formerly a division of IMI), as well as various other companies with copyrights purchased direct from IMI to produce the gun for their respective countries.

There's a few acronyms for the various Galil Models: SAR (Short Assault Rifle), ARM (Assault Rifle and Machine gun), AR (Assault Rifle), and the MAR (Micro Assault Rifle, often just refered to as the Micro). Then there's also the Galil Sniper and the Magal, two more variants that has yet to be reproduced in Airsoft. The MAR was introduced in 1994, and was developed for use with the army and police units, vehicle crews, army staff, special operations forces and airborne infantry.

The current crop of Airsoft AEG Galils:
There are currently several brands of AEG Galils in the Airsoft market: a MAR (Micro) Galil made by ACTION, the ARM/AR series made by INOKATSU, and ARM/SAR/MAR series made by TSI Armories. They will soon be joined by another series of AEG Galils made by ICS (which do indeed look promising) and their first offering appears to be the somewhat uncommon AR model which is suspiciously similar to Inokatu's AR Model. Another very recent addition to the list of manufacturers making Galils is Avalon, who, like ICS seems to be more or less a 100% clone of the Inokatsu Galil, except their's is the Inokatsu ARM model.

TSI Armories™ GALILs:
First... pics of my brand new TSI Armories Galils. I decided to go with the MAR (Micro) Galil and the SAR Galil. While I can appreciate the ARM Galil, it's just not my style.

(N.B. some of the pics in this review are linked to a larger version).

sarmarsmallmn7.jpg

* TSI Galil's do not come with magazines. Those will need to be bought seperately.

The Box:

galil01sz1.jpg

What You Get:

SAR -
galil03uo8.jpg
(Here's a close up pic)

MAR -
galil02hy8.jpg

Each TSI Galil comes with an Instruction CD -
galil05eg5.jpg
Edited by rhino
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unique serial numbers and the correct Hebrew Engravings:

sarengravingssmallhc5.jpg

Hebrew Markings for the Ambidextrous Fire selector (note: damage on the grip is because the grip was a sample grip that was painted black. A new Black plastic/ABS grip will be sent shortly as a permanent replacement):

sarsafetysmallff5.jpg

The SAR features Flip-up Glow in the dark night sights:

Front -

sarsight01smallzu5.jpg

sarsight03smalldy4.jpg

Rear -

sarsight02smallpx3.jpg

sarsight04smallss1.jpg

The TSI Armories Galil MAR (Micro Assault Rifle):

marunfolded01smallap5.jpg

marunfolded02smallpc9.jpg

marfolded01smalljv5.jpg

marfolded02smalloa7.jpg

mar3quartersmallyp0.jpg

"Westernized" Markings for the Ambidextrous Fire selector (note: damage on the grip is because the grip was a sample grip that was painted black. A new Black plastic/ABS grip will be sent shortly as a permanent replacement):

marselectorsmallmc5.jpg

Front AR Style Sight Post:

marsight04smalluw5.jpg

Rear AR Style Adjustable Sight:

marsight02smallmw5.jpg

Hop-up access is pretty standard similar to most AK styled AEGs:

marhopupsmalltk4.jpg

Battery Access:

marbatterycoversmallbo1.jpg

For size comparison...

TSI MAR with a Guarder AKS-74U:

marandaks74usmallov0.jpg

TSI MAR with a GWS Bizon:

marandbizonsmallrl8.jpg

Infield Pics:

MAR & SAR

galiluser02bes3.jpggaliluser07bqk5.jpg

How do the Various Brands of AEG Galils Compare?:

Now for a side by side Informational Comparison between all the AEG Galils out there currently.

* Please note that I do not own the ACTION or INOKATSU Galils and have gathered info regarding those particular Galils from several collectors that do own them.

** All data about the ICS Galil is derived from pictures of samples released by ICS and from what they've shown so far at trade shows. All data about the AVALON Galil is derived from product pictures from various retailers... In both cases, final production models may differ from the samples seen so far.

*** Info collected on the TSI Armories Galil is from first hand analysis, and some of the more technical data (especially the internals) is gathered direct from TSI. Info specific to the TSI ARM is from TSI. It should also be noted that I have nothing to gain by my findings on the TSI Galil. The two I received were paid for out of my own pocket and were not free samples (although both myself and my wallet wish they were ;) ).

ACTION Micro Galil

* Stock is all plastic

* Stock mount is all plastic (please don't be too rough with it).

* Top cover of the receiver is from an AK47 (which is aesthetically different from Galils)

* Rear sight is a JOKE. Basically, the housing and sight within is one milled piece. So the rear sight is unadjustable. You can't really call it a sight.

* Front gas block sight is a similar POS. Like the rear sight the front sight is milled into the gas block and is also unadjustable.

* Pistol grip is the wrong shape

* Left side selector switch is plastic and non-functional

* Right side selector switch is from an AK74 (dimensionally and aesthetically different than a Galil selector)

* Front Hand guard is based on the earlier, old style Micro Galil's hand guard (which saw very little service). Not necessarily inaccurate... just not what most Micro buyers have come to know and love in Micros.

* Receiver looks pretty decent actually... however one major failing of it is that it is not compatible with any other mag other than the one supplied with it!!! (I think everyone would agree that that deserves three exclamation marks). So the Action Micro Galil is not compatible with any AK mag from any other brand... and you can't buy spares. WTF!?!! For me that automatically puts it into the category of expensive wall hanger as once in a while I need more than 1 mag... then again... it is a 600 hi-cap... but I HATE hi-caps.

* Materials and finish: All metal parts on the kit (except for the top cover) are made from Aluminum and are cheaply powder coated (bare metal exposed in many areas).

* Muzzle Velocity: 330-350 fps on 0.2g BBs (FPS according to WGCShop.com)

* Price: US$960.00 for a completed AEG (Price according to WGCShop.com)

INOKATSU ARM & AR Model Galils

* What strikes me as odd is that aside from the ARM, instead of going with the more common SAR or MAR Galil model they went with the AR Galil Model instead. The AR model uses synthetic grips like a SAR except it is the ARM length and is missing some ARM features (Bipod and Carry handle). Kinda like a Hybrid ARM/SAR. This particular model of Galil never saw any service in Israel, and from what info I can gather on it may have seen limited use in South America (but even there the SAR model was much more common). It's very probable that Inokatsu made this choice due to the fact that the AR model is basically an ARM model missing some parts and with a different handguard. Reusing the same parts is far easier than having to develop new parts for a SAR or MAR (Micro) model.

* Flash hider: Inokatsu used the wrong Flash hider... it uses a M16 style birdcage which while looks similar to the Galil is a little different

* Outer Barrel: Uses an AK47 outer barrel

* Non-functional Scope Mount: Scope mount on the left side is fake and isn't compatible with any scopes

* Bogus Left selector: Left side fire selector is molded into the grip (obviously non-functional)

* Wrong nomenclature: The engravings are incorrect.

* Top cover looks close... real close... there is conjecture that it might be real?

* Butt Stock is close, but it looks more like the stocks from the South African Vector, which is similar to the Galil but slants backwards more than the Galil's.

* Muzzle Velocity: ??? fps - whatever you decide to put in it as these are mostly kits

* Price: US$1,315.00 for the ARM AEG KIT, US$1,338.00 for the AR AEG KIT. Yes that's right... these are the prices for just the kit. According to a major airsoft retailer in HK recently, they described the Inokatsu kits as the most expensive dust collecting paper weights they've never been able to sell. Ouch! But INOKATSUs are awesome right!?!! I mean they're expensive as kidneys and I hear good things about their M60s. Apparently this does not apply to their Galils.

ICS AR Model Galil

(All data is derived from pics of samples released by ICS... Final production models may vary from the samples seen so far)

* Pics of samples/prototypes so far show an AR Galil.

* Pretty much all details seen so far of the ICS Galil is extremely reminiscent of the INOKATSU AR Galil, even down to the incorrect Flash Hider, molded non-functional left side selector switch, wrong engravings, and choosing the more uncommonly used AR Galil Model. That said, the Inokatsu is decent even with all the inaccuracies, just that the price was ridiculous for what you received. So if ICS was able to clone the INOKATSU but offer it at a sub-$400 price, that might be a strong entry for those on a budget and able to look past the inaccuracies.

* Muzzle Velocity: No Data (Probably 290-310 fps on 0.2 gram BBs given ICS's past offerings).

* Price: No Data (Probably very reasonable given ICS's past offerings).

AVALON ARM Model Galil

(All data is derived from pics of samples released by WGCShop.com... Final production models may vary from the samples seen so far)

* Pics of samples so far show an ARM Galil.

* Pretty much all details seen so far of the AVALON Galil is extremely reminiscent of the INOKATSU ARM Galil. If Avalon took the same approach as ICS and was able to clone the INOKATSU but offer it at half the price of the Inokatsu, I imagine that would pretty much kill Inokatsu's entire Galil lineup. It would be a strong seller for those on a budget and able to look past the inaccuracies (like with the ICS).

* Muzzle Velocity: 310-330 fps on 0.2 gram BBs

* Price: $700 (Still a lot cheaper than Inokatsu's offering).

TSI Galil Series (ARM/SAR/MICRO)

* Receiver and simulated bolt (dust cover) is made from CNC Aluminum

* Everything else on the gun that is metal is made from steel

* Real steel components:

ARM - Hand Guard, stock, Bipod

SAR - Hand Guard, stock

MAR (Micro) - Hand Guard, stock

* Realistic ARM Carry Handle: The carry handle on the ARM is made to the same specs as the real steel (materials used, fabrication process, dimensions) and can fully support the weight of the ARM and be used as a carry handle. As TSI described, he could sell them to people with real Galils as replacements for their current real ones.

* Gas tube, barrel, flashhider are all milled steel

* Functional Ambi-selectors: Working ambidextrous left and right selectors which are CNC steel

* Charging Handle: Charging handle with top bolt is CNC steel

* All other parts are custom molded from real steel parts

* Top Cover: Upper receiver Top Cover is stamped steel from the same mold as the real steel Galil. The Top Cover is essentially the same thing as the real steel version down to the materials used, fabrication process and final finish

* Rear Sight Housing: accurate to the real steel

* Rear Sight Housing materials used:

ARM/SAR - Molded Steel

MAR (Micro) - CNC Steel

One minor flaw of the SAR and ARM TSI models is that the rear sight, is currently unadjustable. At first it was concluded by TSI that making the rear sight adjustable would have required extensive machining costs that were financially prohibitive. That however is definitely not TSI's permanent stance on the issue. They recently (as in last week) have figured out an ingenious way to make it work, and will be offering a free exchange program for all customers of the ARM/SAR models. Basically, you send them the old top cover and they'll ship you a replacement top cover with the adjustable rear sight... FREE OF CHARGE. That's a very good thing, and a smart move on TSI's part. Big thumbs up there!

* Surface Finish: The finish of this gun is the same as that of a real gun, featuring Black Oxide finish on all steel parts, and black anodized finish on all aluminum parts.

* Engravings appear to be machine engraved same as the real deal. The hebrew markings on the various different models are different just as they are on the real steel. To that end, TSI even went so far as to use white engraver's paste in the engravings - a process in which a specialized white paste is filled into the engraving requiring two days to fully harden. When fully cured, it is one with the gun and extremely permanent. Also, all guns have unique serial numbers.

* Bayonet Lug: The Bayonet Lug on the SAR and ARM Galil models are 100% compatible with any real or replica bayonet compatible with real steel Galils

* Pistol Grips: The grips are ABS black plastic (although mine started off as white plastic and repainted black by TSI, black cast ones will be shipped Free of Charge to all owners of repainted grips shortly. The current grips were a temporary fix). The pistol grips have a slight mold seam down its center plane. Fear not, this same seam is present on the real deal.

* Pistol Grip Compatibility: Sadly, it appears the Galil is not compatible with other aftermarket AK pistol grips.

* Glow in the dark flip up sight paint: Real Tritium sights would have been too expensive, however TSI used an aftermarket night sight paint on the flip up sights. If you shine a flashlight on them you can activate the paint and get a similar effect as on the real steel.

* Barrel threaded for 14mm Counter Clockwise threads.

* Gear Box:

~ Version 3

~ Metal Bushings

~ Vented bearing aluminum piston head

~ Standard Ratio Steel Gears

~ Metal spring guide

~ Standard Inner Barrel

~ Custom Inner Barrel available (mine came with a Madbull Black Python Tightbore Inner Barrel... and it is smooooooooooth ^_^ ).

~ Wired to Deans Plugs. These used to use standard Tamiya plugs, but a recent decision was made to have them all use Deans Plugs for it's super low resistance properties. They're moving away from Lithium Ion batteries and chargers for these guns and going with more conventional batteries for ease of use. Understanding that many people do not have Deans plugs on their battery chargers and include a spare male/female Deans Plug set for users to make adapters from. (I still believe TSI should include Female Tamiya plug to Male Deans Plug Adapters made instead of just the unwired male/female Deans plugs. That'll have most users good to go straight out of the box).

* Magazine compatibility: Both my SAR and Micro performed flawlessly with Classic Army AK74 Black Standard mags, and Classic Army AK47 Midcaps. I currently have on order a bunch of the new AK74 midcaps made by VFC. Once those are in I will let everyone know how they fare. I went by AEX and did a test to see if the TSI Galil's work with the MAG AK74 Black Mid-cap mags. Sadly, the two boxes of MAG mags I tested wouldn't fit in either of my Galils. This came as a shock to TSI who through their own testing concluded that they would fit. It was determined that due to MAG's loose tolerances, different batches of the MAG mags had slightly different widths. So if you plan to use the MAG mags, test them first with your Galil. Beyond that, I haven't had a chance to test them with AK47 mags or AK74 mags from other manufacturers. Fortunately the Black AK74 mags are an aesthetically decent replacement for the Galil mags... but I'd still kill for some real looking Metal or Plastic Galil mag housings.

* Rate of fire: 16 Rounds per second using the 8.4Volt battery I ordered with it (measured using my Xcortech X3200 Shooting Chronograph).

* Muzzle Velocity: 380 fps with 0.2g BBs (that is the default). However, TSI will build it to whatever specs you desire. For those needing lower fps than 380 (like people in the EU and UK) they'll downgrade to whatever you need it to shoot at. To upgrade to a higher fps, that will incur upgrade fees.

* Price: US$999.00 for either the SAR or MAR completed AEG (or if you're like me and got in early at the introductory price of under $800 each :) ). US$1029.00 for an ARM completed AEG.

Additional TSI notes:

~ One added bonus of buying from TSI is that they'll upgrade/downgrade your Galil's internals to whatever specs you want (above a certain FPS will incur additional cost). I had my SAR tuned to be at Lion Claws specs. :) Wish I had done that with my MAR. :(

~ AR Mag Converter: TSI have just finished working prototypes of a AR mag converter for their Galils (same principle as the AR mag converter for the G36). This is a huge and welcome surprise to me. I'll update this review once I get my hands on one (should be shortly). TSI also pointed out the these actually exist for the real steel... another fact I wasn't aware of. These should be compatible for all AK (not just Galils)!!!

* Edit: TSI just sent me pics of the AR Mag Adapter: pic 01, pic 02, pic 03, pic 04. According to TSI, testing shows "flawless feed with MAG, G&P mid caps and CA and Marui high caps." Awesome. Can't wait! MSRP will probably be about $100.

~ A Galil Scope Mount is also in development. Awaiting word on its current status. It'll have a Picantinny rail and mounts forwards of the receiver just like on the real steel (not on the left side of the receiver like on regular AKs). That said, the TSI Galil will accept scope mounts made for real steel Galils.

~ TSI are currently developing an AEG bullpup of the IMI Tavor. They acquired the copyrights from IMI early last year and a working prototype of the AEG will be shown very soon.

Real Galil vs. TSI Airsoft Galil

All this goodness begs the question... How does the TSI Galil differ from the real steel Galil?

Modifications had to be made of course, but TSI appears to have done everything in their power to ensure that it is as close to the real deal as possible. According to TSI:

~ Receiver width: There's 1/20,000 of an inch difference (i.e. tiny!) in width of the receiver between real steel Galil and TSI replica (that's pretty nominal... I'm still wondering why they even bothered to mention it... apparently because I asked for differences and as far as they're concerned every deviation (no matter how minute) should be mentioned).

~ Pistol Grip: The Pistol grip is slightly wider on the replica than on the real steel due to the AEG motor (an issue common to almost all AEGs)

~ Weight: Minus the mag in both the real steel and TSI replica, the TSI replica is 400 grams shy of the real steel.

~ Balance: As you all know this is pretty important. A poorly balanced gun just screams "fake". Ever picked up one of those replica Japanese Katanas? From a distance a fake Katana looks passable, but when you pick it up it's nothing like the real thing. A real katana is like an extension of your body. It should feel natural to wield and be a killing instrument of the highest caliber. I digress. However, after handling a real steel fire arm, handling a replica with poor balance and incorrect weight is a huge disappointment. Fortunately, weight-wise we've already established that without magazines the real and TSI replica Galils are relatively close in weight (400g difference). How's about balance? In order to add stability to the inner barrel, the inner diameter of the TSI outer barrel is much narrower. Being that the outer barrel is made from steel like the real deal, a thicker wall thickness in the AEG's outer barrel yields a slightly heavier than real steel part. Also, the AEG's gas block is slightly heavier than the real deal as it isn't bored out quite as much as the real Galil's is. However, all is not lost! The weight of the gear box and receiver counters this added weight in the front end resulting in an airsoft replica that when held feels the same as a real Galil! Mmmm... like a Katana... so nice!

~ 5.56mm vs. 6mm (obviously! ;P ).

Pheww...

Conclusion:

Yes, this has definitely been a TSI heavy review. Sadly I haven't been able to gather as much in depth info about the ACTION and INOKATSU Galils as I would have liked... mostly because there aren't a lot of them out there in users hands and I don't have them myself to go over in even more detail. However what info I did gather on them was NOT pretty at all. INOKATSU is clearly way overpriced although not horrible even with it's few inaccuracies. ACTION's Micro is... where do I start? I guess between its non-compatibility with any other mags other than the one it comes with (ugggh), the non-functional sights (heaven forbid we should want to adjust them), various other inaccuracies and the fact that it's more or less the same price as the TSI Galils makes me want to stay well away from ACTION's offerings.

One dark horse in the mix that does have me curious is the ICS Galil. I've never been a fan of ICS in the past, but according to some, they've come a long way since their rocky beginnings. One thing that they're most likely to have going for them is price. Traditionally, ICS's guns have been very competitively priced. Knowing what little I do of it so far, I can tell you for sure I'd rather buy the ICS Galil over the ACTION or INOKATSU based on bang for your buck. But ICS versus TSI is another matter. From what I've seen, the ICS lacks certain accuracies and at that price is most likely comprised of cast metal parts rather than machined parts. I'm still skeptical about the ICS's reliablility upon release on the market but time will tell. At the same time, that price may also be what saves the ICS Galil as not everyone can afford AEGs that are close to the US$1000 range and if they did clone the INOKATSU as I and others suspect they did, that does bode well. They could easily carve themselves a sizable slice of the Galil AEG market for those on a budget and can look past the inaccuracies. The same applies to the AVALON ARM Galil, although they still aren't US$400 cheap like everyone is hoping the ICS will be. That said, there simply are no AEG Galils on the foreseeable (or even rumored) horizon that are on the same level as the TSI Galils. They are about as close to real steel as an AEG Galil will ever get.

Pros:

* As close as you're ever going to get to the real steel

* Only Galil on the market with functional ambidextrous fire selector

* Built to your specifications

* Uses some real steel parts

* Many machined steel parts made to the same specs as the real steel parts

* Accurate finish and trademarks

* Not just a wall hanger. Made to be a skirmish worthy competitor

* High value - you get a WHOLE lot for your dollar

Cons:

* Outside of the budget for many players... especially in a heavily saturated Clone Market

* Wish there were Galil style mag housings available

* Wish I had my MAR tuned to the same FPS as my SAR. (But that's my own fault for not going with my gut on it).

* Rear sight lack of adjustability on the SAR and ARM is a weak point. Not major, but something that needs to be changed. That said, as of this writing, TSI will be running within the coming weeks a free top cover replacement with a fixed adjustable rear sight.

Score: 9.5/10

* In my honest opinion, the only thing preventing this from a perfect 10/10, is the lack of the Galil Style Mags, and it's a relatively minor issue at that. On the plus side, MAG AK74 mags are dirt cheap and proven to work, so there's definitely huge savings to be had there. I can't really knock it for price (although I'm sure some will) as you're paying for high quality, extensive R&D and a unique/original product made in the USA rather than the rushed assembly lines of China. This is one of the few instances where I've felt like I've gotten back what I paid for it. The only other con I've pointed out is the rear sight adjustability of the SAR and ARM models and that is being actively addressed.

Once that happens, I'd have to give this a solid 10/10.

As for which do I prefer between the SAR and MAR? I'd say the MAR, but just marginally ;) . It just screams different. You just can't look at it and not give it a double take on the playing field. In a market saturated with Armalites and AKs, these Galils are a breath of fresh air.

On a side note: A friend of mine recently received a TSI Armories Galil SAR. Just to give you an idea of his background: During the 90s he was with the US Army Rangers (he was in Somalia during the events of BHD, and was even an extra in the BHD movie) and then in the late 90s he went full blown SF. He retired from active service a couple years ago. While he was an active SF operator, at one point he used a real steel Galil SAR for three years when he was working in South America. It was one of his favorite guns that he knew he could rely on to save his life or take one if needed... so you know he knows Galil's intimately. His thoughts on his new TSI Galil SAR AEG were similar to mine (with both pros and cons). That said, he wanted to add that: "It looks and even smells like a real Galil. For anyone that's ever handled real steel guns, you know what the 'smell' comment means. It is basically a real Galil that shoots BBs. It's easily the most solid AEG I've ever encountered and by far my favorite Airsoft gun. My TSI SAR was tuned to 415 fps (by my request) and it shredded a paint can at the can's thickest point with little effort. ROF is awesome. I'm extremely satisfied with it and give it a confident thumbs up." That's a pretty solid endorsement in my book!!! ^_^

Lovingly made by Ex-IDF soldiers (now avid airsoft players)... and designed by skirmishers for skirmishers... these TSI Galils are a thing of beauty...

galilmar01su0.jpg

Edited by uscmCorps

Just read the whole thing. Seems like a win! :D

Best part is its made by someone who knows the gun by heart... and the Hebrew markings on the SAR.

(And is the Galatz what you meant when you were talking about the "Galil sniper"?)

Thanks!

Edited by Revenge Seeker
(And is the Galatz what you meant when you were talking about the "Galil sniper"?)

Maybe. TBH, I'm not too familiar with Galil variants outside of the ARM/MAR/SAR/AR models. And there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of info on all the variants out there. :(

Pics are too big though.

You mean in terms of byte size or pixel dimensions? Pixel dimensions-wise they fall well within forum limits. Byte size... well they could be a little better, but I didn't want to compress them too much as that would sacrifice quality. There's also a heck of a lot of pictures in the review which doesn't help loading speed. Sorry about that. Hope you found it useful regardless.

Excellent review, thanks for sharing.

Awesome! Thanks! ^_^

Additional TSI notes:

~ The Galils are supposed to be a limited production run of 500 units (that's 500 Galils total, regardless of model). It's possible there will be more than that in the future, but that is dependent on their production schedules of other TSI products. I seem to recall the first 100 Galils have been sold... not 100% sure though.

~ Looks like Gamepod will be the exclusive dealer for the USA

~ Regarding the TAVOR TAR-21 AEG, they are hoping to produce replica MAR sights to go with them (as an optional accessory I imagine).

~ They currently do not plan on producing the Micro version of the Tavor MTAR-21 (even though Gamepod's silhouette of the Tavor on their webstore is clearly a Micro Tavor, that is incorrect). Personally I really like the MTAR-21, however it was pointed out that production of that piece would require entirely new molds to the extent that it is essentially a whole different AEG. Therefore, at this current time, while extensive R&D on the standard Tavor is continuing, the Micro Tavor version is currently not being considered.

~ The Tavor will accept TM style AR mags.

~ At one point they were going with a Verion 3 Gear Box for the Tavor, I think now they're back to a Version 2 Gear Box.

One more question: Is the receiver really supposed to be like that?

:huh: ???

Like what? The receiver is CNC aluminum that's been anodized black. I'm guessing the real steel receiver is probably steel, but I don't think that was a viable option in this case.

As far as off-measurements... how about the receiver length and top-cover length? Are they longer like airsoft AK's, or can a real receiver cover fit?

Hmmm... that I don't know.

:huh: ???

Like what? The receiver is CNC aluminum that's been anodized black. I'm guessing the real steel receiver is probably steel, but I don't think that was a viable option in this case.

Naw, that's not what I meant. I don't know much about Galils (other than they being God Sexy rifles :D) but I can't help but notice its kinda square-ish than what I'm used to seeing. Don't want to sound like a jerk for saying this so sorry if I sound like that. :(

Compare the receiver to the ones here: http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/sma...alil/Galil.html

(Magwell is more raised in those)