TSI Armories™ Galil Series Review

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uscmCorps: It says on TSI's website that 'Conversion Kits' are available. Do you have any information on these? I'd love to purchase both an ARM and SAR, but the funds are simply not there for me to do so. This is why I ask you rather than TSI ((Poor form to pester them if I'm not reasonably certain I'll be making it worth their while.)). A conversion kit could put them within reach though, so hence the question.

Avalon's is molded. e-mail WGC and ask, or just look at the pictures on their website.

Thanks for the clarification PlasticMag! So there you have it! The TSI Armories Galil is still the ONLY Galil on the market now and in the foreseeable future that has a Functional Ambidextrous Selector Switch. What PlasticMag has stated pretty much reaffirms my beliefs and rumors I've heard that the Avalon ARM is a Inokatsu ARM clone.

uscmCorps: It says on TSI's website that 'Conversion Kits' are available. Do you have any information on these? I'd love to purchase both an ARM and SAR, but the funds are simply not there for me to do so. This is why I ask you rather than TSI ((Poor form to pester them if I'm not reasonably certain I'll be making it worth their while.)). A conversion kit could put them within reach though, so hence the question.

Sorry I had to remove the font type. It just drives me crazy every time I see it. As for the conversion kits I'm not entirely sure what the details are on those. Last time I talked to TSI, they only had 80 Galils left (of any Galil model) out of the original 500 limited run. I got the impression that they were going to stop once they hit the 500th Galil, and devote all resources to the Tavor (they've been working on the Tavor, but time is still split between Galil production and Tavor development). Personally, I'd be surprised if they sold Galil kits as selling those last 80 Galils should be pretty quick and easy. But I'm not TSI, so I can't say for certain. I'd really recommend you email them at sales@tsiarmories.com and ask for yourself. Even if you're not 100% certain, it doesn't hurt to ask. Better that you ask and find out, than not ask and regret it later! ;)

On another note, I got to check out the Mag adapter that allows you to use AR/M16 mags in the Galil and AKs. It was very impressive and seemed to work well for TSI armories in game. Looking forward to getting mine. :)

I keep hearing the different story over and over from numerous websites saying Avolon is as real is it comes[...]

Just to cinch this, I handled the Avalon last week and the selector is molded. It's not a bad replica, but for the price, no where near the TSI.

God I hope I can save fast enough to get one before the end of their production run!!!!

:(

Thanks Ukau.

I guess this means I'll have to save up fast if I want either one. Now here's the really agonizing decision: Which one?

Sorry that my font drives you crazy uscmCorps, I have just the opposite problem - this is the only one I like. Could you give your shooting impressions with the SAR? I'd love to know how it handles, especially in woodland. That's mostly what I play, so that would be the primary factor in determining my purchase. If I can find the funds.

Could you give your shooting impressions with the SAR? I'd love to know how it handles, especially in woodland. That's mostly what I play, so that would be the primary factor in determining my purchase. If I can find the funds.

For woodland any of these variants would work for you. While the SAR has more length than the MAR, I didn't see a huge difference in range. Personally I'm pretty split between the SAR and MAR. The SAR feels more natural to me because I'm used to longer guns. But the MAR has such a unique look to it that it immediately turns heads. When deciding one gun to go with, choose the one you prefer the looks of. Make sure you go with the tightbore option.

As much as I hate to say it - yes, in airsoft its about "the look" 80-90% of the time. In my experience, the performance (accuracy and range) difference between Compact and Carbine type AEGs isn't enough to make a huge impact most of the time (unless you're a really good marksman and that little extra is enough to make a difference for you).

:D

I just wonder what the difference would be betwixt the ARM and SAR

Well, the ARM gives you a slightly longer barrel, a bipod (for supported prone firing) and a carrying handle. You might get slightly better accuracy - but not enough to make a huge difference at airsoft ranges - becuase of the longer barrel, and the bipod makes prone shooting slightly more stable (but bipods can also be a nuisance).

That's about it, in my opinion.

The major differences between the ARM and SAR is mostly aesthetic. Internally, the only differences are the length of the barrel but as Maple-Leaf pointed out, the difference in accuracy there is probably negligible.

Between the ARM and SAR, it really comes down to which you prefer the looks of. The ARM is certainly more eye catching than the more subdued look of the SAR. Personally, I prefer the style of the SAR... but that's me. Pick the style you like. Performance is basically the same.

Is there any word on the conversion kits? They dont give alot of details about what parts are inside, and for me(and probably other people) its not my airsoft gun unless i put all the bits together.

I don't know if there will be enough full sets left for conversion kits once all their full guns are sold. Your best bet is to email them and find out. You do realize that the Conversion Kits are only marginally cheaper than the fully built gun right?

My SAR got delivered today... Ah, she is a thing of beauty! And its true, it does smell just like a real one!!!! :D

Congrats! Welcome to the club! ;)

Cheers - you which bits I love the most about it upon first look? The real-steel upper receiver and hand-guard. There's something very satisfying and reassuring about those two parts - you look down on the receiver and you've got total confidence in its robustness, and it just adds something extra to the "suspension of disbelief" element of airsoft. Then there's the real-steel front hand-guard - again, you have total and absolute confidence in its robustness and in the way it fills the hand - and also, its so cool to look down on it and see nothing inside except heat shields! :D

Oh, the other bits I love are the real-steel gas block and front sight assembly, and the sling attachment points. No worries at all that your sling might pull them off or warp the rifle!!!

The only thing that I thought let down the overall experience slightly is the "plastic" lower receiver. Even though it is exceptionally well made and detailed, I can't help wishing that it was metal as well. But I guess that would have been too difficult and expensive to manufacture. So I'm sure I'll get used to it.

If I were to order the ARM, how does the process work for you guys that have done it?

I dont have the cash yet, but someone said pay in part? Really?

How long does it take to build/reach you?

Thanks, great review, makes me want that ARM and this seems like the best option to take

The only thing that I thought let down the overall experience slightly is the "plastic" lower receiver. Even though it is exceptionally well made and detailed, I can't help wishing that it was metal as well. But I guess that would have been too difficult and expensive to manufacture. So I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Plastic lower receiver!?!! Are you sure? Because both my SAR and MAR have full metal aluminum lower receivers. Externally you almost can't tell the difference between these and a real Galil.

Please re-check what the lower receiver is made from. The only external pieces on the SAR that aren't metal are the pistol grip (ABS plastic similar to the real deal), the pad at the rear of the stock (which is a real steel part), and the handguard (which is also a real steel part).

If I were to order the ARM, how does the process work for you guys that have done it?

I dont have the cash yet, but someone said pay in part? Really?

How long does it take to build/reach you?

You typically pay via Paypal. If you were to pay in parts (which apparently someone else had done), that would have to be arranged with TSI. Turn around time once the full/final payment is sent is usually about 1 week or less from what I last heard. At that point it's shipped to you and shipping time depends on where you are and what kind of shipping you paid for.

These questions could be much more easily answered if you just email TSI directly. I'm not TSI, so my answers are purely based on memory from my last conversations with them. For all I know they may be sold out.

Edited by uscmCorps