I'm new and need some help

Xense

Hey, so recently, my friends got me hooked with airsoft games. However, I've been to a few shops and they all gave different prices, and told me to get different items, and i'm not too sure they're being honest abotu the prices, etc. so I'm asking you guyz:

If i'm gonig to play today, what gear should i take? this is all i can think of

Spare battery

Spare mags

eye-protection

protective armor?

2nd wep

gun

however, i don't know which gun to get

i have these ones in mind

P90

MP5(J,K,A)

G36-C

FAMAS

other

i really can't choose...could someone give me some tips, etc? and what other gear do i need to take out onto the field? thanx alot, and i know i sound nooby >.<

A good pair of boots that support your ankles is an advantage, saves those twisted ankle/stubbed toe moments that can spoil your day.

Don't get too wrapped up worrying about kit, just start with good goggles, some cheap army surplus camo stuff, an AEG, a battery and a hi-cap to get going. Then build up your kit to suit your style of play; you want hi speed/low drag? Belt, couple of pouches for spare mags, holster for a back up pistol, maybe a water bottle if you play longer games.

Or if you want full mil-sim? Spend some time studying the 'look' you want, then grab all the gucci gear you fancy to complete the 'look'.

Gun wise it really comes down to what you like the look of, then spend some time searching up reviews and user comments on the mighty interweb and base your choice on what you learn. :)

:devil:

whats the meaning of AEG? i've seen the word a lot, but im not too sure what it means....btw, i really can't decide which gun to get..do you guyz have any suggestions? i'm currently leaning towards FAMAS and G36-C...but eh, im not experienced enough to know..i've searched for reviews here on AA, and on google, but they arent detailed enough

I don't get all this,..whats a v1 gearbox, and why is it bad? and do you have any suggestions? i'll be taking this gun out for all-round games, rom urban, to woodland....many ppl say the P90 is awesome, some say the g36-c is good, some say the famas is good, etc etc..i really can't choose...

I'd also say you should take the g36, and then instead of buying a lot of std mags, then just buy 2 hi-caps.

But what kind of gun would you like as your second?

IMO you don't need backupgun when you have an aeg as the g36.

1 - decent pair of boots.

2 - decent pair of goggles/shooting glasses or face mask

3 - decent starter AEG. I would suggest a Tokyo Marui made model. M4s are easily customisable, and with MP5s they are a gun that can go with several 'looks'. You'll want a charger and 1-2 batteries. Decent ammo is crucial too. Excel make the most popular in the UK IMHO.

Once you have those and you like airsoft, that is when the bug kicks in and your money disappears...

You'll want (I'm sure):

A set loadout/look - which means a selection of camouflage and matching bits and pieces, such as hats, scarves, gloves, knee-pads, vests, webbing etc...

Extra mags.

Side arm - again, I'd suggest a TM made piece. Oh, and a holster of course...

And basically what else takes your fancy!

dunno if im allowed to say this, but in other forums, i was allowed...so

DAMMMITT

why are there so many different types of guns?!@?!@? i luv the FAMAS, since in Soldeir Front and other FPS games i used it, and ialso liek the look...now ppl are saying G36-C FTW!!!

but what about the MP5? P90? FN2000?

im not gonna go a get a m4/m16/ak(too heavy, too popular, too ugly IMO) so any otehr suggestions? like comparisons? i've read too many reviews of each to decide

EDIT: I MIGHT start off with sniping..any suggestions as to if its good, what guns, etc? (emphasis on the MIGHT)

dunno if im allowed to say this, but in other forums, i was allowed...so

DAMMMITT

why are there so many different types of guns?!@?!@? i luv the FAMAS, since in Soldeir Front and other FPS games i used it, and ialso liek the look...now ppl are saying G36-C FTW!!!

but what about the MP5? P90? FN2000?

im not gonna go a get a m4/m16/ak(too heavy, too popular, too ugly IMO) so any otehr suggestions? like comparisons? i've read too many reviews of each to decide

EDIT: I MIGHT start off with sniping..any suggestions as to if its good, what guns, etc? (emphasis on the MIGHT)

I started out with the FA-MAS and loved it's looks, ergonomics and rate of fire but in time I was drawn to harder hitting guns as the FA-MAS's fps is quite lethargic. Its a good beginners gun but if you do buy one, make sure you buy about four high caps as the rate of fire is about 1000 bbs a minute.

Just go for what you want and then take it from there.

I'd play as just a normal rifleman if I were you....

So, FAMAS is good for me? what about FN2000? P90? i really can't decide...should i try sniping as a beginning weapon? L85 a good gun? could someone give me opininons? my fave weps right now are

FAMAS=#1

G36-C(CA36-C IS ALSO GOOD) #2

P90

XXXXXXXX

Id start off with an aeg over sniping because you'll learn some skills from being an assault type infantryman which you can then apply to sniping in the future plus not a lot of people adopt to airsoft sniping. If I was to choose a gun from the selection it would either be the FAMAS or the G36c because of where you want to use them. Why:

G36c is a very renowned gun, accurate, long range, reliable. so good for woodland. but also with the addition of the folding stock a good gun for cqb, its also got many accesory parts available.

FAMAS is well known for its inability to break even though its made of plastic, its long barrel means that its accurate and has a good range. For cqb the bullpup design means that holding it to the shoulder is short plus its got a good RoF aswell.

Basically its down to personal choice at the end of the day the weapon you like the look of best. Id also recommend gd boots, couple of extra mags, spare battery(s), gd eye protection, a sidearm and if neccesary a vest of some kind.

I started out with the FAMAS and it worked for the time being. Then when I got more money I bought all my gear and had a nice setup to go with my FAMAS. I eventually went the AK route and got into a sort of AK mind state for a long time. I bought a few M4's after that and I enjoy the quick reloading and custmizable options on them.

I hated the AK and the M4 when I started Airsofting, everyone has them type of attitude. But now I wont be caught with out one I love those 2 varients. SO many options, and upgrades for them.

So...i'll be using a FAMAS? you ppl agree? anyways, is a FAMAS easy to load and stuff? right now i just bought goggles, boots, and a vest for mags and a holster for the pistol...what else do i need? face mask, since the BBs might accidently hit my teeth when i open my mought, therefore shattering them xD?

• 2 weeks later...
aw..that means everyone has the g36-c :( i want a gun thats original and rare, but also doesn't suck...

FAMAS Rifle's are excellent, hell it was my first gun (and i miss it now).

And as for "everyone has the G36c" ... does it matter? ... at the end of the day, your going to be shooting them, and you'll be shooting back at them (or retreating, should they be overrunning your position), so you'll be glad to have "a" gun to defend with.

Having a rare and unusual weapon is all very well, but it means spare and mags tend to be harder to find as well.

Stick with a well known design, and then you can swop mags in a firefight if you need.

Personally a G36 would be a good choice for the reasons stated by others above.

Different makes have different prices, popular makes are Tokyo Marui, Classic Army and Jing Gong.

Also get a decent full face mask to start off with.

No point in suggesting prices. If you are in HK you have the best prices already.

aw..that means everyone has the g36-c :( i want a gun thats original and rare, but also doesn't suck...

Actually that's not true is it.

Everyone does have an M16/ar15/M4 type thing. :mellow:

Only smart folk have the far superior in every way G36. ;)

Greg.

Archived