I'm new and need some help

Xense

I'd have no hesitation in recommending you avoid the FAMAS like the plague.

It is needlessly complex in construction which results in all the creaking that everybody talks about.

Seriously, there's nothing "gun-shaped" about any of the parts. It's made of about 20 bits all held together with self-tapping screws.

The motor is awful, the range isn't that good and the gearbox, although strong, isn't really upgradeable.

It won't take M16 mags (even though it should) and you need to buy accesories before you can fit an optical sight or light etc.

I look back on the old Austin Allegro I learned to drive in with fond memories. It was a great car which put up with all my abuse and, after I passed my test, it gave me the freedom to get around. Terrific.

Do I delude myself into thinking it was equal to, or better than, a modern equivalent such as a Corsa or Saxo? Nope.

The G36 has 10 years development behind it. Buy that instead of a FAMAS.

aw..that means everyone has the g36-c :( i want a gun thats original and rare, but also doesn't suck...
Thought about a JG AUG?? Cheap, build quality and reliability on par with G36 (IMO), Still a bullpup design like the Famas and due to it being marmite in the looks department you don't see too many on the field. It was my First AEG and I love it.

That's not completely true, since the FAMAS will take M16 mags, but only after certain modifications are done to the gun and the mag.

Yeah. Brilliant.

"Hey, buddy, I need a couple of mag's."

"Sure thing"

"Yeah, I'm just gonna dremel a slot in the back of it with this handy battery-powered gizmo I always carry with me. You're OK with that right? Just keep me covered for the next 15 minutes."

:rolleyes:

Well, i still feel like arguing abotu the FAMAS>.

you know taht review of the FAMAS in your "reviews " section? i comapred that with the g36-c and the CA36, but couldn't find any reason why a famas would be bad...the guys from 4 different shops told me that the FAMAS doesn't creak, it fires really fast, etc etc..but then the FAMAS was also like 150$ more than the g36-c..eh..im already swaing to the g36-c//kk, lets talk accesories

G36-C comes with rails..right? what should i put on there?

G36-C comes with rails..right? what should i put on there?

Well, the Point of Rails is that you can put something there if you need it, so if you don't need anything just leave them empty ;)

Foregrips are a popular Rail Accessory, and for CQB a Flashlight and/or Laser is handy. But in the End, it's up to you if you deem such things necessary.

Here are my two, they are super weapons, I am going to buy another two, one will be a sniper and the other support weapon. Both started life as the very cheap JG G36c.

Top gun has foregrip, this is the grip for your forward hand to hold the gun.

gallery_40367_1308_15875.jpg

Avoid the FAMAS- why? Because its bloody minging! Personally id vouch for the JG G36-C any day- it really is great. Just cos everyone else has G36 (and variants) doesnt mean its bad- its means quite the opposite, that most people thing its good! Anyways most ppl carry M4 Variants. Buy the G36-c its best of your pic.

As for rails, you can either put a vertical foregrip, if your a bit weak (like me) or prefer the feel of a pistol grip. Or you could put a grenade launcher one, but if you were to buy one, buy a real gas powered shell launcher, not one of those cheap shotgun ones, im sorry i just hate them. OR a laser, or a torch for aiming and looking, or a toaster ect ect, you get my idea.

Another reason not to buy a FAMAS- it has next to zero customiseabliltiy!

Here are my two, they are super weapons, I am going to buy another two, one will be a sniper and the other support weapon. Both started life as the very cheap JG G36c.

Top gun has foregrip, this is the grip for your forward hand to hold the gun.

gallery_40367_1308_15875.jpg

eeeeew the foregrip looks so..eew..but it does look quite useful..but i might not guy it...just cuz of the looks..the sight on top is a must..but if you put the sight on top, then you can't put anything else...oh well,....and whats that thing on the lower pic?

Yeah thats a quick release foregrip avoid it like the plague as it wont last, thats an old pic, heres the lates one of the same top g36c ,

gallery_40367_1308_86401.jpg

the foregrip is the king arms ergonomic grip which isnt as good as the FAB ergonomic grip if anyones thinking of getting one. The FAB one feels much better in the hand and seems more solid whilst also having a better RIS release attachment system.

There are many more pictures of other users G36's in this thread

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=134554

The bottom thing is a madbull agx grenade launcher. Foregrip and launcher in one :)

wow...i don't want the nade launcer..i mean, it only works well in close range right? the foregrip looks nice, and does that look like a..M4 butt stock? or what? i only have gaming as my reference, and after playing soldier front, that looks mighty like a M4..btu why don't u use the g36 one

the grenade launcher works well when you jack co2 in there at 900psi and only 18 bbs in a shell

the m4 buttstock allows for differing positions of ready fire for the shorter armed person, my kids mostly, also because its possible and because its different, theyve also both got M4 mag conversions which makes it convenient if all of your weapons run these types of mag, only 1 type to buy and store be they low/mid or high capacity

Just a quick edit to go back a few points. My local site has some of the TM FAMAS as hire weapons, I talked with one of the organizers and he said they have been used for the last 5 years or so every sat/sun as hires and have been dropped, kicked, payed and sprayed to the back of beyond and still run well. Obviously they have a regular maintenance schedule etc. but he commented that these had payed from themselves many times over and had proved themselves a good reliable weapon in the long term. One is on my shopping list but its about 6 guns away at the moment.

• 1 month later...
Guest Grunt636

I suggest getting a M4 because its simple and effective, protective armor is not needed either however i would suggest knee pads. As for a secondary weapon i would go for a Electric Pistol as there cheap and you don't need to refill gas every other mag.

Grant

• 1 month later...

Archived