Support Weapon Pics

BadAssTronaut

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks guys, I hope we create enough "buzz" so G&P, Guarder, GBTech, Star and the others will make our real Shrike conversion kit.

Hey Ledpocket, we got the same inspiration. Your design was ingenious where the feed tray and cover is built into the removable sights. I also was thinking of building the cover on the Guarder tri-rail.

Since I didn't have $35 to order the part from Hong Kong, I just made the cover out of Strathmore Cardboard laying around here in the office. Then, I fiberglassed it. It was my first time fiberglassing, and it sure was fun and hell at the same time. I applied a lot of Bondo to fix irregularities in the shape. After the whole thing got solid enough, then I applied primer and black paint. For the metallic scratch effect, well that is top secret information. Just kidding! (Sharpie Silver/Metallic Ink) Apply alcohol on cotton buds and rub the silver ink to give it a smooth fading look.

I will do a new set in the near future. This time, I'll be able to afford balsa wood blocks. I will just carve the whole kit from it, then apply a thinner fiberglass fabric.

For the feed tray, it's kind of embarrassing where I got the parts. So, there I was in the bathroom, and I saw this B00006ISD8.jpg.

Aha! The perfect shape I was looking for!

Scoob, thanks for the explanation. Somehow I missed this thread for a week or so...

Anyway, I thought for sure you had an aftermarket top end. You did an awesome job with that. Funny thing is I've been hanging on to a couple speedstick empties trying to figure out a good looking PEQ battery holder. Guess I'll recommission one for some feed lips lol

Great job :)

scooberoo:

I think you could actually write an article for arnie on how to make it.... or at least just a guide here in the thread..... It's the most cost effective mod I've ever seen

You don't have to know my friend, Smokey's Gun Factory is making us a conversion kit similar to the above pics.

20039238-M.jpg

Now, I must say they are unto us!

That front foregrip looks like a friggin SPAS-12. Only Bilbo Baggins would use that. The Sparrow looks friggin tight, Smokey's really needs to get its act together.

i cant see it :(

just says 'user posted image'

edit: odity. i pressed 'reply' or post or whatever it was to post my :( message and when the page reloaded, there were the pics.

:)

very nice.

i'm trying to get my other half dressed [or swamped, considering the size differences.. well hell, makes me look better :D ] up so she can pose my M60 but its not happening very quickly..

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my pride and joy....TOP m249 Para...only external mods were the Aimpoint and heatshield....internally its been upgraded for reliability, and accuracy, with an fps higher than what can be discussed. The pics dont have my box mag, but just the 100rnd soft case i use for "display"

post-367-1116202578_thumb.jpg

post-367-1116202586_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Needs to be a sniper rifle though, support doesnt have a silencer

I read once upon a time that the USMC were looking to suppress ALL their weapons, even M249's. I'll be damned if I can find any pics of this though...

screamin_weasel: I was about to say "Put an ELCAN on it!", but then noticed it has no rail on top. Is that the Para version only with that? It looks sexeh with a scope B)

Archived