Support Weapon Pics

BadAssTronaut

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

SDC10731.JPG 

My MK46 in "ugly carry" mode, stuffed with spare batteries.  

Below is a TOP/PGC M249 I've been resurrecting; I'm sorely tempted to chop that metal plate off and bolt on a bit of rail for a VFG.  Good idea or blasphemy?

Totally doable. The Classic Army CA249, which cloned TOP's externals, made that piece removable so you could bolt on a lower ris.

-Piano

Interesting; all of our CA SAWs just have a big gap up front like the A&K.  I went ahead and chopped it: 

SDC10733.JPG  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That thing confuses the hell out of me; it's such an unnecessarily convoluted design. If you have access to high-pressure air - which you have to in order to fire it - why not power the rotation with that, instead of fitting an additional electric drivetrain which is heavier, more complex and requires you to carry presumably quite large batteries? It's bizarre.

What position (on the 'clock face') does the round exit the barrel?

That thing confuses the hell out of me; it's such an unnecessarily convoluted design. If you have access to high-pressure air - which you have to in order to fire it - why not power the rotation with that, instead of fitting an additional electric drivetrain which is heavier, more complex and requires you to carry presumably quite large batteries? It's bizarre.

What position (on the 'clock face') does the round exit the barrel?

Because goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus that's why.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the project gun for PMC support gunner loadout. I ran AK, so I went for RPK to have familiar platform. WIP, but I thought I would share. Cosmetics, like flashider, pistol grip, silencer, paint-job and and some custom bits to be done. We cut RPK barrel and milled + threaded it to the right length. Ultimak rail was shaved to fit on wider outerbarrel. AIMS furniture was also milled for extra large barrel. Anybody could suggest some non-PBS mock silencer can for it? I thought Surefire replica or smth.

20140128_082214.jpg

This is the project gun for PMC support gunner loadout. I ran AK, so I went for RPK to have familiar platform. WIP, but I thought I would share. Cosmetics, like flashider, pistol grip, silencer, paint-job and and some custom bits to be done. We cut RPK barrel and milled + threaded it to the right length. Ultimak rail was shaved to fit on wider outerbarrel. AIMS furniture was also milled for extra large barrel. Anybody could suggest some non-PBS mock silencer can for it? I thought Surefire replica or smth.

-snip-

wat am this guns. 

It looks, unique to say the least :P

You talking SF QD? I think that'd look kinda odd on it, just my 2 cents. An AAC would also look really weird.

Maybe keep a standard AK flash hider. 

That's... er... I don't know what that is. 

Seems like you need to choose between "tactical" and "third world beater." I don't think the mix of the two is really working.

I pretty much don't know either what it is. I know it is not another M249 for starters. :) The wood is giving that NVA look. IMHO that is what causing the bi-personality :D

wat am this guns. 

It looks, unique to say the least :P

You talking SF QD? I think that'd look kinda odd on it, just my 2 cents. An AAC would also look really weird.

Maybe keep a standard AK flash hider. 

I was thinking the same thing. Almost any NATO silencer would look weird here.  Thank you for the all input :)

Archived