Support Weapon Pics

BadAssTronaut

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I can't edit my previous post. :/

I ran my CA-based L110 this weekend. It's the first time in a couple years that I've played as a support gunner.

I burned through 6,000 rounds the first day, then another 12-15,000 the second day. After being a rifleman/assaulter for so long, I found I move more and shoot less than I used to with my old Inokatsu MGs. I missed doing the "sexy" assaulter stuff (CQB, etc.), but that Minimi did get me out of many a tight spot in the bush.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

M601.jpg?1442724084038&1442724086280&144

framily3.jpg?1442724142419&1442724144182

framily2.jpg

Better pictures of my Asahi M60, sitting next to it is an A&K based Daytonagun. I removed the carry handle and bipod from the M60 as I skirmish with the damn thing.the carry handle is a weak point and the bipod is made of steel and super heavy (also useless).

Aside from that the pig is amazing and throws a .32g bb about 90 meters. I have a hard time scoring hits from that distance because it takes forever for the bb to get there, but I'll learn how to eventually.

No they won't with an LRB.

Bent LRB or lathed one? Bent can be re-adjusted. Lathe made one... maybe should have been made for faster BBs if speed was important.

Edit: Being an Asahi I take it's a real lathed LRB. If I'm not wrong, different air pressure will allow the use of different BBs. The one in the famous video of 302ft shooting was doing 360fps with 0.28.

My LRB appears to be made out of some hacked up larger barrel. My LRB is shooting about 290ft at 300fps with a .20g bb. This is especially hilarious when I go to events. Why? because all of the near events I attend require semi-auto only unless your using a suport weapon, and under 350 fps gives you a MED of "arms length". this translates to a CQB terrorizing support gun that also can fling bb's and those stupid guys standing in the open way ar away.

I only wish it was more accurate. perhaps I'll have another LRB made some day.

I wish I was filming that day, I would have gotten some gold camera moments.

I've never tried it, but probably any combination of pressure and weight that gives you 300fps at the muzzle would also give you a proper flight.

Maybe you could try a heavier BB and rise pressure until you get 300fps and that would give you the accuracy you need.

I've never tried it, but probably any combination of pressure and weight that gives you 300fps at the muzzle would also give you a proper flight.

Maybe you could try a heavier BB and rise pressure until you get 300fps and that would give you the accuracy you need.

The pressure in the M60 does not alter the velocity by enough to be considered "adjustable". Raising or lowering the psi only changes the rate of fire.

Adjusting velocity in a BV gun is related to spring tension and barrel weights. A properly cut LRB is for a specific weight. 0.28 was widely available and relatively good for long range. 0.32 could be ideal these days. Well tuned LRB for certain weight will make lower weight bbs skyrocket in air at around 60m or earlier and heavier lob down well before max range.

Archived