Support Weapon Pics

BadAssTronaut

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares if it's the exact same color? It looks great.

I'm going for more of a Coyote color myself, as light tan colors like that tend to turn pink with the light we have during winter.
Noone wants to see a tall bearded man driving around in a pink pickup  truck.

A couple of pics I took at the weekend before skirmishing. I've shortened the sling significantly since these were taken.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151883775861209&l=e5c71dcbf9

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151883776026209&l=e731f32f88

• 4 weeks later...

Yes and no and yes again just for good measure.

I had one on one of the numerous Mk 43 Mod 1 builds I have done, and I highly recommend it over any other rail kit.

Seriously never buy the ARES kit. *suitcase* sucks.

That being said, there was a bit of filing, some JB weld and the internal cage from the stock M60E4 grip. I also used a different screw and thread lock just for good measure.

Yes and no and yes again just for good measure.

I had one on one of the numerous Mk 43 Mod 1 builds I have done, and I highly recommend it over any other rail kit.

Seriously never buy the ARES kit. *suitcase* sucks.

That being said, there was a bit of filing, some JB weld and the internal cage from the stock M60E4 grip. I also used a different screw and thread lock just for good measure.

Mines involved cutting, dremeling and tapping for new screws.

I'll post some shots up soon, but to give a better understanding as to why you can't just drop the TGS rail kit into the A&K is because the TGS is actually longer in length then the A&K grip.

Does seem to have a reasonable reciprocation to it; not sure I'd quite call it recoil, but it looks good nonetheless. What's your ROF? And how many rounds from a tank? I've heard those DGs are thirsty.

The gun is sitting on two contact points on a chair and still there's enough shaking. The RoF is whatever it seems to be in the video, as I have yet to rig the box mag :D

I don't think I'll get more than a mag's worth of shots, but that's still to be seen. I'm doing the tests at 110PSI and that could change -down- to match the FPS I need.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, DG. I haven't fielded it yet, but it should be quite air-hungry.

Whenever I jury-rig the boxmag I'll do some tests and post the results.

If it's anything like the DG M249 kit (and it looks a lot like it), you'll get around 3-4k rounds out of a full 20oz CO2 tank, and about the same from a 3000 PSI 72ci HPA tank.

Sweet gun, have fun with it :)

Archived