Support Weapon Pics

BadAssTronaut

Bit off topic but I've (rightly or wrongly) associated LRBs with having really good range. Is that specific to the design/function or is it a case of joule creep?

Velocity is as solid as a rock with classic guns.

http://gordakairsoft.tripod.com/lrb/lrb.htm

And just so theres pictues in the thread. Heres another of the DG M249

DG2491.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit off topic but I've (rightly or wrongly) associated LRBs with having really good range. Is that specific to the design/function or is it a case of joule creep?

Nothing to do with joule creep though naturally one can reach further with a hot gun and heavy bb.

As my previous message implied, the backspin created by the LRB is much more forceful than one in a rubber hopped gun. So with the right bb weight and properly cut barrel for the specific weight with right barrel weight and barrel spring will provide a flat trajectory all the way up to 80+m. Here's how the bv system works. As for a physics lesson about it, ask someone else. All I can say that one doesn't hit a golf ball with a bat for a reason.

BVunit.gif

Just finished up the final touches (for now) on my South African MAG 58 build this past week, so I figured I'd post it up! I've long enjoyed reading about the Border war, so I figured it was time to add a MAG to my collection.

Major thanks to Brigg for his awesome work on the charging handle.  Super pleased with how it turned out.

GlvCxb1l.jpg

UVxlmYtl.jpg

Thanks mate!  

Base gun is an ACM M240, with a South African MAG 58 wood stock, US surplus M240 bipod, Ohio Ordnance MAG 58 flash hider, custom charging handle (thanks again to Brigg, he's the bomb!), SADF Pattern 70 sling, and box mags shoehorned into SDF Pattern 70 kidney pouches. Not 100% authentic with the kidney pouches for box mags, but it looks the part, and it seems they primarily used belts as opposed to box mags during the border war.  Internals are still being built up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one's a short lived addition to the collection.

I received it on Saturday, and it was in so rough of a shape, it put me off the project entirely. I decided I was going to sell it less than five minutes later.

The entire barrel, trunnion and bipod had to be replaced.
At least it's now in a decent state to be sold off... so I decided to send it off with a brand new paintjob.

12183753_1640739516196764_23093275881580

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Over the past week I've been making an AGM MG42 skirmishable and converting it to a Yugo M53, a post-war derivative of the MG42, partly because I like the black furniture, partly because a gun still used by insurgents and militias appeals to me more than one relegated to the history books, and partly just to justify putting a scope on it.

TWMM4LX.jpg

twrvR3I.jpg

uyFhnCV.jpg

Over the past week I've been making an AGM MG42 skirmishable and converting it to a Yugo M53, a post-war derivative of the MG42, partly because I like the black furniture, partly because a gun still used by insurgents and militias appeals to me more than one relegated to the history books, and partly just to justify putting a scope on it.

Dare to ask the weight of it?

And which gearbox?

Archived