• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the Brown Hoodie as well.

Spoke to Paul yesterday and he informs me that the new batches will be much better copies. More attention to the internals as well as a better fabric.

did he give any indication of when that might be? he never answered my email asking if they would carry a ranger hoodie replica..... :(

What size would you suggest for someone approximately 5 foot 9 140 pounds with a 37" chest?

I normally wear small regs in bdu's

I would have thought a Medium...I'm slightly shorter with a stockier build and a large fits me quite nicely. I generally say that softshells want to be reasonably more well-fitting than your average jacket/raincoat/etc.

So when are the Gen. 2's coming in? I'm interested in getting a hoodless one, and I'm also not sure what color. The only BDU's I have right now are in black, ACU, and Tan Oakley SI Assault gloves.

No idea when they're coming in.

What size would you suggest for someone approximately 5 foot 9 140 pounds with a 37" chest?

I normally wear small regs in bdu's

Dude, I'm almost the same size as you and I have both the real and replica TAD jackets and in terms of sizes, I took the following sizes:

Real - Medium

Replica - Large

Hope this helps! :D

• 5 months later...

Sorry for gravedigging, but I thought it better than starting a new onde for 1 question:

How does the sizes fall? In special, how does the width fall? I am rather short, but "well build" *cough*, so I guess I have to take XL. But I fear that that is too long then and Med is too tight...

had the ranger hoodie fleece one in my cart already but this thread really perplexed me, if this is really how large turns out in the picture on page 1 it'll hardly be a bare midriff for me, dang asian sizes.. start growing asian people! ;) love my north face jacket and i could see me running around in the ranger hoodie already

• 1 month later...
Sorry for necro, I want to get one of those soft shell, but they only have the hooded version atm. Anyone have a non hooded one they may be willing to part with?

Honestly, If you want a non-hooded version go for the real deal TAD Gear 2008 production line, they have some hoodless jackets of the highest quality at half the normal price. I made the mistake of getting myself a replica and they arent as waterproof or wind resistant as they claim to be..

Edit* Mine is a similar version from EBB but NOT the one Buzzsaw has in the pics.

Edited by Xoulz
  • 1 month later...

My fiance knew i wanted one and bought me a real TAD stealth when they were closing out the non-hooded version. well made jacket, but a bit of a let down. zero warmth and very bad breathability. i can't wear it without a long sleeve t-shirt as it begins to feel swampy soon after putting on regardless of the weather. i expected the material to be more like what is used in a north face apex bionic which is also rain and wind resistant, but breaths better and adds just enough warmth to make it the right choice for anything but dead winter or summer. i feel like a *tortilla chip* for not just waiting till they had more replicas at EB. quick side note: the stealth hoodie she got me for xmas from EB is f'ing great...not super wind proof, but like a wearable oven when it is all zipped up and the hood is up. more then worth the money. my first choice when the weather is dry...

This Asian sizing disclaimer confuses me. It's says L is good up to 6,10 (well it say 5,10 but that's a typo). If this is true than it's a normal L and not "smaller Asian size". The second thing is on that picture with A,B and C in centimeters. I measured my random softshell jacket size L and the EB one should be even bigger. :unsure: So i'm asking for two things:

1. If somebody would be kind enough to measure their EB copy and confirm the measures on EB.

2. I'm 184 cm (6.03 fooot) and 90 kg (200 punds) and would like to know weather L would fit as i want an OD one and they don't have it in XL. <_<

Cheers! Zune

My fiance knew i wanted one and bought me a real TAD stealth when they were closing out the non-hooded version. well made jacket, but a bit of a let down. zero warmth and very bad breathability. i can't wear it without a long sleeve t-shirt as it begins to feel swampy soon after putting on regardless of the weather. i expected the material to be more like what is used in a north face apex bionic which is also rain and wind resistant, but breaths better and adds just enough warmth to make it the right choice for anything but dead winter or summer. i feel like a *tortilla chip* for not just waiting till they had more replicas at EB. quick side note: the stealth hoodie she got me for xmas from EB is f'ing great...not super wind proof, but like a wearable oven when it is all zipped up and the hood is up. more then worth the money. my first choice when the weather is dry...

:unsure: EB better than TAD ....... you heard it here first!!!

its difficult to choose between the fleece hoody and the soft shell hoody! damn shame summer scoming up lol

i dont think they look too good with the multicam unfortunalty not sure how they would work into my loadout

plus im 6ft 2" and 45" chest i daubt the large asia size would fit me

So they are actually using the Shark Skin material now, what a trip. That really sucks for TAD, but those loyal to them will continue to be I hope. I will gladly pay another $100 to TAD to make me that jacket.

I doubt they'll be using the sharkskin. They had that on the "features" list when i got mine and it's defo not shark skin. Too shiny and noisy compared to the real one my teammate has. Was still a good deal at the time at 40 quid posted but not at 55 quid posted i'm not so sure unless the quality has improved.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the EB 3 Third TACTICAL SOFT SHELL Sand. It's not meant to be a direct copy of the TAD one, it's got drawstrings on the hood for a start but it's pretty similar.

Compared to my real TAD V2 Softshell, the material is untextured and smooth (Making me wonder if it is shark skin), it's also a thinner material as well as no liner making the whole jacket much lighter. Whatever material it's made out of it's texture wise nothing like the real sharkskin, it feels like a regular waterproof.

At $80 shipped it's ok compared to the $250 for the real thing but I would say it was only about half as good.

The Tactical Soft Shell the first guy bought looks a bit nicer. Less insane on zips and has a liner but of course they are totally out of stock on every colour.

Edited by Doncommie