• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a real deal stealth jacket in DF grey and love it. I wear it all the time. However, I can't afford to buy the real deal jacket again in OD so I bought the EBB version and its almost as good quality as the TAD version. In the heavy rain yesterday it kept me dry, unlike the TAD version which is water-resistant to a point. Looking forward to using this over the next few months to see how it copes being worn under my chest rigging.

Could someone please confirm which softshell is the best as I am getting the impression the first version was and there are a few now.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=2119

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=2131

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1276

Any help would be great, I can see it working nicely for a PMC loadout.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the real deal Battle Hoodie that the "EB 3 Third TACTICAL SOFT SHELL Sand" is mostly based off, the difference is massive. Extremely comfortable, everything is top quality and very warm. It's definitely deserving of the three times price difference, it blows the EB one out the door, down the street and into last week.

Having said that, it's still an expensive piece of kit.

• 1 month later...
Could someone please confirm which softshell is the best as I am getting the impression the first version was and there are a few now.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=2119

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=2131

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1276

Any help would be great, I can see it working nicely for a PMC loadout.

Cheers :)

Ditto. :bestgun: Is anyone able to answer this question? It seems the first gen "Tactical Soft Shell - Me Brown" hoodies were the best but ebb are sold out in all sizes except small and medium which is probably xsmall and small in american sizes. :( I read an online review of the "3 Third TACTICAL SOFT SHELL" and the reviewer said the cloth is a bit too shiny but he received a jacket with black zipper pulls, maybe there's different versions of this jacket too? :unsure: I am interested in the "EB Hoodie Classic V4 Tactical Soft Shell CB" because its the newest version and it seems to be a copy of the LRP but I have yet to hear anything about it. Any info would be awesome, pictures would be the best. :whistling: I wonder what ebb will come out with next? :flamethrower:

Edited by ParaKoopa
I have the version you are asking about. Few quick observations from my part.

Build Quality: Actually very good, everything is neatly stitched, zippers are YKK and work well.

Shape and fitting: I have a Large (i'm a UK Medium/large), and the fit is good. It does occasionally ride up a bit at the back, but it's not a major problem.

Material: Absolutely not breathable. It's like wearing a raincoat with zips to get a little air flow going, not ideal. Wear in summer and you will sweat to death, but in wintertime it's fine. It is as far as i can tell waterproof, with a little bit of leakage around the seams.

Hood: Right pain in the backside, there is a flap thing to keep in away, but if you use it the collar sides up an constricts breathing.

Can you post up pictures? I am more of a visual learner anyways. Pretty please? :D

This Thread Is Useless Without Pics :photo::cookiemonster:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a EB softshell (first version) in green without hood, I also just bought a version 4. And they are very diffrent I can tell you!

The first version breathes better imo, the fabric is more soft aswell. It also has better zippers imo, and D-rings inside the pockets.

The fourth version feels more waterproof, the fabric is more dense. I got a lot more clammy on the inside of this.

I guess it depends on what you are going to use it for, if you need a summer jacket, get the early version. If you need something to wear in damp conditions, get the latest versions.

Both jackets I have is XL. I am 186cm tall and weigh a good 94kg. Both jackets are a bit short on the sleeves, but fully wearable. The latest version is a bit more roomy around the gut.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this jacket with me across some nasty terrain high in the Norwegian mountains, and I am not satisfied. As a watertight and breathing jacket goes, it sucks. It is clammy, and I got wet after 20 mins of drizzle. Worst part was, it wouldn't dry again. I had it hanging off my backpack for several hours in the sun, and it was still wet. Even when I came home, 12 hours later, it was still wet. Not good!

But it will do just fine for skirmishing and just day to day wear ofc.

To be fair, even the real one's not meant to be watertight. The outer is treated to repel water so that they don't get wet in light rain but if you carry a pack it will push the water through the fabric easily.

Having said that i experienced the same thing with my "v3" (ie older version) clone. After working in the drizzle for about 20-30 mins the fabric started to wet out, but luckliy for me the older version does dry reasonably quickly. The water repellent coating wore away very quickly so i'm going to give it a good wash and re-proof with some decent proofer and see if i can get the jacket to perform better.

I had this jacket with me across some nasty terrain high in the Norwegian mountains, and I am not satisfied. As a watertight and breathing jacket goes, it sucks. It is clammy, and I got wet after 20 mins of drizzle. Worst part was, it wouldn't dry again. I had it hanging off my backpack for several hours in the sun, and it was still wet. Even when I came home, 12 hours later, it was still wet. Not good!

But it will do just fine for skirmishing and just day to day wear ofc.

I also have to agree, I recently bought one and its absolutely positively NOT breathable in anyway. The damn tag says 100% polyester, wtf. EBB advertises it as 'used sharkskin", guess that means new polyester???

I wore it to go watch a movie and I was clammy after like 30min of just sitting there doing nothing. Only thing you can do is open all the zippers for some airflow.

• 3 weeks later...