How to modify a Sansei Mask to work with ESS Goggles

uscmCorps

Any chance we could maybe get this moved to Gear Discussion?? This thread deserves a lot more exposure than I gets I feel.

I rigged something up like this about 2 years ago but I never did a proper job of it as uscm did, up until a week or so ago when I decided that for the sake of 10 minutes with a knife it'd make a lot of sense to save the bridge of my nose from potentially getting hit when a beeb finds its' way through the gap in my old setup. So after I took the revised version to a game, here's what it looked like:

IMG_0703.jpg

This setup has a lot of advantages:

• Full-seal eye protection
  • The option to use a few different types of goggle, including fan assisted versions if you're really fogging up
  • Excellent protection for your teeth and most of your face without having yet another strap over your head/attached to your helmet rails etc
  • No moisture-absorbing shemagh/balaclava/neoprene lower part to soak up all your sweat and the water in your breath then stick to your face
  • Completely uninterrupted cheek weld, not something many mesh masks will give you
  • Uber cheap, the sansei type mask and some zip ties can be had for hardly any money
  • Lots of room for customisation, especially of the lower which you can paint/have cerkoted/have hydro-dipped to suit whichever environment you fancy

Not to mention very comfortable to wear all day, I find it works best with a backwards facing cap that does't have the usual arch-shaped opening so as to just cover up your forehead that little more. Love this thing, highly recommend it to anyone who's been struggling to find that 'perfect' full-face setup for skirmishing, especially CQB:

IMG_0701.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My ghetto rig

2013-12-17114746_zpsa1443ae1.jpg

I prefer it this way as I can change goggles without worrying about modifying my lower face mask. The lower is from my FIRST EVER airsoft mask, almost a decade old now.

It also allows me to wander around the safe zone looking like Hanibal:

2013-12-17114812_zps72dad1e0.jpg

Archived