uscmCorps

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
works for Arena Flakjaks as well
Nicely done!

I just put a piece of elastic through the holes
Yup. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with one of my spare sets. I'm finding that, between major engagements, it's nice to have the lower part off, but still highly necessary during firefights.

this modification also works on the ESS V12 Advancer goggles. But you need to do a little cutting to make them fit.
Nice! The great thing about these lower face masks is how easy the plastic is to work with. With a nice sharp craft knife, it's very easy to shape as needed!

Does anyone know if this can be done with Oakley A, O, L frames?
Sorry, I'm not sure. But on the plus side, these masks are super cheap, so it won't be much money wasted if you end up binning the Sansei replica mask. ;)

Here are some in game pics of me during LionClaws VII this last Memorial Day Weekend (May 24th and 25th):

oplc2008d10287oj0.jpg

oplc2008d10295do1.jpg

oplc2008d10321la7.jpg

Yeah I saw this in LA at airsoft playground. there is an easier way of doing this. you take the mask off and unhook the goggle straps. there are these plastic clips at the ends of the elastic. they easily clip into the holes that are at the ends of the mask.

Here is mine in dipped multicam

dsc00008wj3.jpg

I need to get a good pair of ess turbo goggles. but in the field I wear these. I customed my Oakley Fives to be mesh and dipped it in multicam.

dsc00013ij8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

n1ch0, that looks good! Did you only sew it down, or did you glue it down too?

Solscud007, that's absolutely bad-*albatross*! May I ask where you sent that to get dipped and how much you payed to get it done? As for the wire mesh modification, did you use the left over mesh from the Sansei Mask?

I just glued them on with superglues.. but I made some "stitching" mark just for show ahhahaha :P ... was planning on making longer sew mark, but gotten lazy ... I had a difficult moment deciding on the "nose" part though.. I hope it doesnt break the contour too much :(

Nicho

• 2 months later...

Well done i am impressed by the results.

I hope this mask will fitt my revision desert locust

Nicely done!

Yup. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with one of my spare sets. I'm finding that, between major engagements, it's nice to have the lower part off, but still highly necessary during firefights.

Nice! The great thing about these lower face masks is how easy the plastic is to work with. With a nice sharp craft knife, it's very easy to shape as needed!

Sorry, I'm not sure. But on the plus side, these masks are super cheap, so it won't be much money wasted if you end up binning the Sansei replica mask. ;)

Here are some in game pics of me during LionClaws VII this last Memorial Day Weekend (May 24th and 25th):

oplc2008d10287oj0.jpg

oplc2008d10295do1.jpg

oplc2008d10321la7.jpg

or you could by a JT "whipper snapper" paintball mask (doubleglazed anti fog goggles FTW!)

I already had the JT goggles and the lower part cost $4 from ebay, it has the correct profile and "studs" along the top that press fit into the goggle frame.

A bit of scrap DPM et voila

PICT0013.jpg

my Urban/CQB teeth saver

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

THANKS USCMcorps,

I was always fascinated by your mask, and today decided to have a go. I used both your tutorials as ideas and here is end result. But I started with a sheet of perspex, cut it, heat it, bend and paint.

Started with this:

SNC00116.jpg

Bend and painted sand

SNC00113.jpg

Then final touch, your design is too sexy could not resist

SNC00115.jpg

Thanks again.

Pierre

Nicely done Pierre! How does it attach to the mask?

Just under the goggle, I bend 2 tabs 90', then drilled holes and attached it with cable ties as you did with yours. It's like a solid one piece mask, also being done with 2mm perpex, it's very light!

SNC00120.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Used mine for the first time last weekend and it was great. No more annoying mouth guards and a perfect cheek weld! Great tutorial uscmCorps, thanks a lot. One question though, I just ordered a full multicam loadout and I'd like to get some of the multicam tape you used on yours. Do you know where I could get it? I saw you said you bought it on Ebay but I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived