• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souske - Thanks, man. Yup! That's a 2-stage trigger match. I also find the recoil a lot lighter on this beaut. Let's take this conversation offline though as this discussion may be getting out of topic.

Link ->

:)

Hanzo

@Wolfenstein - The device behind the TA01 is an NE016/PVS-14 NOD.

Edited by sgtHanzo

this might sound dumb, but am i allowed to post Trijicon brand items. Or only their ACOG's?

i had trijicon night sights installed on my M733. and i REALLY want to do more than just comment all the nice pictures being posted in this topic.

:D

awesome looking gun eel one [COE]. to be honest, i didn't think that setup would look good, but i definitely think yours is sweet.

nice job!

Edited by luvs2shoot
that acog/pvs14 combo above... shouldnt it be the other way? the acog first?

please explain...

-Joe

You can actually put the PVS14 either in front or behind the ACOG.

The disadvantage of putting the ACOG behind the NOD is that the ACOG overhang creates enough distance between its front lens and the PVS14's rear lens to a point that illumination is decreased by at least 15%.

On the reverse side, when the PVS14 is positioned behind the ACOG, the operator is able to close the gap between the PVS14's front lens and the ACOG's eye relief. This minimizes night illumination loss and maintains the ACOG's field of view -- both are musts especially when you're conducting zero-visibility maneuvers.

;)

90848386_qX28G-M.jpg

Edited by sgtHanzo
Souske - Thanks, man. Yup! That's a 2-stage trigger match. I also find the recoil a lot lighter on this beaut. Let's take this conversation offline though as this discussion may be getting out of topic.

Link ->

:)

Hanzo

@Wolfenstein - The device behind the TA01 is an NE016/PVS-14 NOD.

Understood, PM inbound.

whoa, that looks really nice. personally, it would look much better if it had a magpul PRS stock. but still, that rail system and barrel tops it off.. :o

ok, hanzo, but i guess the disadvantage would then be it you remove the pvs... then you will need to remount the acog for proper eye relief

so, in an all night situation, pvs in back. night/day situation, acog in back

i would have also thought that with the acog forward like that, the eye relief would be all fubar, but i guess not

-joe

you've got some good points there, Joe.

I guess at the end of the day (or night), it'll be up to the shooter/operator to configure his/her scopes/sights according to what would be optimum for him/her.

ok, hanzo, but i guess the disadvantage would then be it you remove the pvs... then you will need to remount the acog for proper eye relief

so, in an all night situation, pvs in back. night/day situation, acog in back

i would have also thought that with the acog forward like that, the eye relief would be all fubar, but i guess not

-joe