• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are replicas OK? If not, I think this will be a rather thin thread.

It is all about the looks, so I guess replicas are welcome. But please make a note if it is a replica sight and also remember to state from which manufacturer. I'm just an old fart that have been in the game for to many years and have become narrow minded as I only have original sights on my guns.

The top ACOG is just plain sex. RS I assume.

i'm sure it's real steel because it's mounted on a real steel rifle. you can tell by the notches for the bolt assist and the fact that it only has semi and safe, no auto. a replica sight wouldn't work on a real gun because with all the recoil it wouldn't hold zero past the first shot.

Desertfox: do you like the pmags?

Edited by hokeyplyr48
i'm sure it's real steel because it's mounted on a real steel rifle. you can tell by the notches for the bolt assist and the fact that it only has semi and safe, no auto. a replica sight wouldn't work on a real gun because with all the recoil it wouldn't hold zero past the first shot.

Not quite true... AParently the G&P ACOGs can be used on some real guns... think 7.62 was the limit.... Don't quote me on this though... I remember reading it somewhere.... BTW, nice $1500 FDE ACOG.... Royally kicks *albatross*... except I prefer larue mounts to arms throw levels that come on that mosel, at least if I am thinking of the right model ACOG... Its the one that also comes with iron sights+docter, right?

And the fact the PMag has bullets in it, not Airsoft gubbins.

Yeah it's RS, I would not use replica sights with RS just cause the glass on replicas tend to be blurry and the eye relief is usually terrible. I have tried Eotech 553 + Replica 3x Magnifier on my AR before and I ended up selling it instantly.

I have no complaints about the P-Mags, I've got 10 of them and I keep them all fully loaded. It's handy that they come with feed lip covers. I never imagined that I would ever pick polymer mags over aluminum ones.

hanzo: POST A FREAKING PICTURE OF THE WHOLE SAW SOMEWHERE NOW!!! PM ME A PIC!!!

AHHHHH! LOUD NOISES!!!!

heres mine:

0507081133.jpg

-Joe

...just for you, leatherneck! hahaha!

291480071_ggwUR-M.jpg

btw, i'd probably be changing the Para barrel to the SAW II length. will take some pix again afterwards.

Yeah it's amazing how much abuse they can take, although I haven't personally put them through it. Personally the window function isnt neccesary, but its a nice little feature. I think it was only like 3-5 dollars more per mag so I was like why not.