Racism

ColDaz

@ Jow- If you haven't seen a racist black person, watch "Chappelle's Show". Or look at Don King. Or "Rev." Jesse Jackson. Being a racist has nothing to do with your own skin color, just that of those you're racist against. There are plenty of racist black, hispanic, asian and white people.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in my town, there is a great big column, called nelsons column. some french people moved in within viewing distance of the site, but complained and wanted it ripped down becasue it 'offended them and there country'.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry that we kicked your arses. It's totally offensive.

What's that? You were the ones who started the war?

in my town, there is a great big column, called nelsons column. some french people moved in within viewing distance of the site, but complained and wanted it ripped down becasue it 'offended them and there country'.

It is the sworn duty of every Englishman to insult the french at any available opportunity.

Nelsons columns on every street corner I say.

I Just can't be bothered with any form of racism.

My wife is foriegn, half my friends are Turkish ( some Muslim ), they are all just normal human beings.

It's PC that's the problem, it just blows things out of all proportion and most of it seems to be thought up by brain dead morons.

It's all very tiresome......... :wacko:

**I don't want anyone to take this thread the wrong way. I am not promoting racism**

I was just wondering what peoples experiences/views are of racism against white people.

It ###### me off immensely how anything a white person can say or do can be constituted as racism while anything anyone from any other race can do is not viewed as such.

I find that racism is much more dominant in with people other than whites. For example, I have not heard anyone be called a ''Paki'', ''Wog'', ''Nigger'' or whatever in quite a long time, but I find that discrimination against anyone white has been increasing lately. A lot.

At my college, which is predominantly Asian, I find that people who are not Indian or black etc are treated almost as second class citizens sometimes. I'm not saying all ethnic people are acting badly, but a lot sure do.

I have a lot more to rant about, such as Indians who will only get up for old/pregnant Indians on a bus, while other Indians will get up for an old/pregnant white/black/multicoloured purple dot people, for example.

Why I can be best mates with one black guy, and another will call me a 'honky' or 'white scum' or some *beep* like that, while I see very little racism on behalf of white people.

So, do people feel that the majority of rascism is white to others, or others to white?

Sorry if anyone is offended, but I sure have been a lot lately.

Remember that Indians, & african-americans have lived a horrible history and some feel recented towards caucasians because of what they're told by angry relatives, funny because right now there are very few racists compared to a couple of years ago. Now asians have no problem with us caucasians. I however have never found such hostility in any of my visits to the US nor anywhere I've gone, never have I been called white-scum or any other form of racial insult from any of my black friends nor any of my other ethnic friends, I guess it depends on how peoples values are taught, if you're raised in a racist family chances are you'll grow up being a racist, or viceversa; Or if you're raised in a family that talks with prejudice about a certain ethnicity chances are you'll feel angry with a certain ethnicity, etc. But if they insist on being racist towards you why not confront them asking them why the hell are they calling you whatever they call you.

Positive discrimination - not merely on skin but also on disability is certainly a major concern of mine. Sadly, it's also one which the establishment supports. In a world where the emphasis, regardless of work environment, is on encouraging a healthy diverse work force, organisations are under pressure to attempt to present this.

The idiotic result is that in areas with low numbers of individuals of ethnically minor backgrounds, there is a considerable lack for obvious reasons of employees in organisations from differing ethnic / personal backgrounds. Due to legislation said organisation is then under increasing pressure to have individuals from differng backgrounds in that organisation, regardless of the lack of people applying for those backgrounds.

The simple result? If an able-bodied individual from an ethnically dominant and another from an ethnically minor or disabled background were to apply for the same post, both possessing equal experience, qualifications and ability, the decision on who to recruit would be clear.

This isn't any fault on the part of HR/Personnel departments I should add. It's simply a result of a society which has effectively lost sight of the woods for the trees...:)

This is what I've termed reverse racism. It happens all the time.

For example the Met Police in London discriminate against white potential recruits in favour of people from "under represented ethnic minorities".

A freiend of mine pointed out one day that there were things like the MOBO awards and the BBC Asian network and he felt there'd be an outrage if you were to have something like the BBC White Network.

Ah, positive discrimination rears its ugly head again.

I until recently used to work for a rather large organisation (which shall remain nameless, but it of all of them should be fair to all) which had a Black workers forum. I have no issue with people meeting up, but if I were to create a white workers forum chances are I would be hanged from the nearest tree. Similarly at uni there is the African/Caribean society. Again, should I create the white english male society I would be in for another hanging. Then there is Asian Society and United East Society as well. I shoudl make it clear I have no issue with people from any other race, we should all coexist equally. my issue is with the Political Correctness that is prevalent in todays society.

You cannot have, by the very definition of the word, partial equality. Either we are all equal or we are not. Simple as that. Posaitive discrimination, along with any form of discrimination is still discrimination and therefore wrong.

ARGHHHHHH LOCK THIS THREAD ! NOW FFS, i seen racism up front so just sh*t up the bunch of you. I'm tired of people just talking and taking no action.

If hate racists for real, then do something about it, go knock em down or something. But for the love of all g-d stop posting this worthless pyle of poo on these forums.

All we seem to do with problems these days are complain and moan about it and do nothing, like old people do. I'm tired of it.

What, we are going to help poor people, how ?

O by sitting down discussing how to help them . That will get us somewhere.

And before you say shyte, I have recieved death threats from racists, so stop claiming worthless shyte about how we people feel about it untill you actually know.

Sorry for the outbrake of rage, I just get tierd of people complaining about a problem

instead of doing something about it. I don't know about you guys, but if i do; I will

I'm going to say hello to my rasist fellows after AG05, they wanted to ,kill me , so why not ?

Racism stinks, positive discrimination stinks, being patronisingly nice to minorities and younger people stinks.

HELL! Its all ######, but at the end of the day do what you think is right, its like those moronic threads where we all try to force our religions and fetishes for P90s on eachother. It doesnt work, and although it is comical to watch it never will.

I am afraid to say there will be at least one person watching this thread who believes anybody of a certain race is less of a human, and there will be somebody else who will believe minorities should be payed three times the average wage to counter the persecution their great grandads had to put up with, because it is "obviously" the fault of the new generation that caucasions were so racist many years ago.

So i would just leave it :(

On a lighter note we all seem to hate racism, and anyone that doesnt is going to save there comments to the conversations with others like them. And if anybody wants change, then vote for a different party, and if that isnt good enough... and you realy believe something is wrong then join the local council and work your way up. Do something, otherwise do anything you can withing your power to stand true to your beliefs WHATEVER they are, and always listen to other points of view, never bloke them... then you'll be a man my son.... ;)

Lock. This. Now.

Keep it for the BNP forums eh?

[light hearted mode]

a quick search ended up with a Bangladeshi National Party website...

LOL :D

[/light hearted mode]

i mean... this is just another strand of our human existance that has remained primitive, that's all.

Remember... not so long ago there was plenty of blood on the grass - in all corners of the world too. I'm not surprised some people have prejudiced views on certain nations, however deep the feelings go.

keywords here are fear and survival: I suppose it's a "knee-jerk" in the fight-or-flight dept. and certain mixtures can really kick off, as we all know.

But as long as this is the common giggle-banter stuff... there really is no need to fret... or post anything really deep or political about it here...

I just had this chav kid call me chink this afternoon in the city. He walked off all "triumphant and glorious" but I wouldn't want him beaten to a pulp or arrested for just that... that would make things worse. He was just another angst (and spot) ridden child, maybe with a violent alcoholic father, trying to feel good about himself by calling names (maybe somebody called HIM names at school).

This whole thing is really a 2-way business. It's like a fight or a friendship. You need two sides for it to come about. So you won't get many "racist attacks" as you would "grievous bodily harm" or simple bullying if it as just a one-man/group show...

like the NF... they just protest now... or whinge really. but back in the days... :rolleyes: nuts, man...

i thin that hits the nail on the head, billymak-

not too long ago, the NF, EBF and BNP were tolerated by enough people to make their behaviour seem acceptable. Thankfully, those days (I hope) are long gone- I'm sure they continue to believe in their own racial superiority, but they won't get any sympathy from the courts or the police any more.

Saying that, I'd be surprised if the BNP don't take their first parliamentary seat at the next election, but thats largely because, on paper at least, they're pretending to have toned down their opinions, and a lot of people are buying into it- the council elections were a good example.

Whenever yo've got one bunch of people feeling threatened or disempowered by another group, racism is always the easiest option for a certain type of person- bizarre, really, as all they do is transfer that feeling of disempowerment from themselves onto someone else.

but then, i suppose that's a dictionary definition of all bullying everywhere.

and thats essentially what racism or any for of bigotry is- bullying. One group has power, doesn't want that power taken off them, and so goes and vicitmises another group to ensure, not so much that the other group no longer have any form of power, but that they are denied coming even remotely close to having it in the first place- Slavery, segregation and the denial of civil and democratic rights to non-whites in the US, or the BNP's and NF's support for non-racial mixing are classic examples of scared little men, so terrifie of change, that they will actively persecute those different to them to avoid it.

I have no sympathy for it at all.

Archived