Racism

ColDaz

**I don't want anyone to take this thread the wrong way. I am not promoting racism**

I was just wondering what peoples experiences/views are of racism against white people.

It ###### me off immensely how anything a white person can say or do can be constituted as racism while anything anyone from any other race can do is not viewed as such.

I find that racism is much more dominant in with people other than whites. For example, I have not heard anyone be called a ''Paki'', ''Wog'', ''Nigger'' or whatever in quite a long time, but I find that discrimination against anyone white has been increasing lately. A lot.

At my college, which is predominantly Asian, I find that people who are not Indian or black etc are treated almost as second class citizens sometimes. I'm not saying all ethnic people are acting badly, but a lot sure do.

I have a lot more to rant about, such as Indians who will only get up for old/pregnant Indians on a bus, while other Indians will get up for an old/pregnant white/black/multicoloured purple dot people, for example.

Why I can be best mates with one black guy, and another will call me a 'honky' or 'white scum' or some *beep* like that, while I see very little racism on behalf of white people.

So, do people feel that the majority of rascism is white to others, or others to white?

Sorry if anyone is offended, but I sure have been a lot lately.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will erupt into flaming and senseless cr*p soon enough, but before it does, let me just congratulate you on putting together the rant I've been wanting to write for some time ;)

If a black person murdered a white person, it'd be murder. If a white person murdered a black person, it'd be 'racially motivated' murder.

This world of political correctness gone mad is starting to really get me down.

I can see myself getting banned now, but I have had enough of people being *rickrolls* to me and others when I am not the same to them.

EDIT: I realise the title is worded very badly with ''sides'', but again, I didn't mean any offence by that.

''HaVoC_MaN (+1)

Had the balls to put together a rant, and a well-meaning one that I agree with, even if it means he takes some stick for it.

Good on ya :)''

I fully expected to get a lot of stick for it, a la JoeKing already ( I can see the -1 reps already), but htis has been bugging me for a while.

Glad you aggree that PC does have to work both ways.

And live with it.

I have to agree, this white man hating phase will eventualy pass over. And if it doesn't, THEN it's time to get ######.

Trust me, I'm getting tired of it too. Just ignore it as best you can and be the bigger man when someone is making rascist remarks.

As a side note: Political Correctness must die.

political correctness sucks.

i live in norfolk, the birthplace of Lord Nelson, who beat the *beep* out of napolean.

in my town, there is a great big column, called nelsons column. some french people moved in within viewing distance of the site, but complained and wanted it ripped down becasue it 'offended them and there country'.

eh?

it doesnt even have nelson on the column. they shouldnt have moved in, really.

this is the level to which political correctness, and the nobs in brussels, are taking Europe.

they need to be slapped with a hairy woman.

sorry to go slightly off topic, but its another example of stupidness in todays world.

The nelsons column kind of thing also gets me...''annoyed''...PC is taken too far.

If I say all building with 2 floors are offensive because its like people are hiding things too high for people in the streets to see - which could be sniper rifles, out of date food, or any number of evil evil things, they wont be removed or changed. Do we flatten the country?

So, what is PC? If anything can offend someone, do we destroy the world? But then what if that is offensive to the people who want to live? *cries*

It's taken too far to be taken seriously sometimes.

There is no genetic difference between a English bricklayer from Middlesborough, a Chinese cook in Shanghai and an African shopkeeper in Cape Town.

Then how come they look different? ;)

There are genetic differences, of course there are - genes for hair colour, eye colour, facial shape...hell, there are thousands of genes, and some are, of course, different.

It's just that 99% aren't.

This is what I've termed reverse racism. It happens all the time.

For example the Met Police in London discriminate against white potential recruits in favour of people from "under represented ethnic minorities".

A freiend of mine pointed out one day that there were things like the MOBO awards and the BBC Asian network and he felt there'd be an outrage if you were to have something like the BBC White Network.

I rwally don't know if I can be bothered to care about people being racist towards me, I mean they have much better things to hate me for other than the fact I'm white.

Welcome to the modern, PC, world.

Just do what I do, live every day for yourself, say what you want, do what you want, everyone else can go to hell.

No matter WHAT you say, someone WILL get offended, that's a guarentee.

And Havocs right, I could have a gang of blacks cut up my body and burn it, they'd get out early on good behavior. But if I were to hit a drunk black man who stumbled in front of my car, it's a hate crime, and I'd prolly get the chair :P

Welcome to Earth my friend.

EDIT: And another thing, this "everyone is equal" nonsense is just that, everyone is DIFFERENT, get over it!

Rarr, now I'm angry, gonna go watch a movie :)

A freiend of mine pointed out one day that there were things like the MOBO awards and the BBC Asian network and he felt there'd be an outrage if you were to have something like the BBC White Network.

I say something along the lines of that most of the time...also if there was a mens only car insurance there prob would be protests...BIG UP THE WOBO'S

Civil rights movements were never about being equal. It was all about being better. No offense intended to those that were enslaved and repressed, but modern day "African American activists" and the such are as racist as any KKK member ever was. They don't burn crosses or hang people, but, like already has been said, how many "white specific" organizations do you see? There is BET( black entertainment televison, or whatever it is), Black history month, and a bunch of others too. These people would absolutely flip out if someone mentioned White History Week, let alone month. The slavery and repression and killing of black Americans was wrong and in no way can be condoned in any context, but enough is enough already. There is not a single living American who was a slave owned by an American. So all this talk about reparations and "The Man" needs to get shelved.

Yes, I know this is a predominatly British forum and most of you don't give a rip about racism in America, but its something that has been bothering me for awhile.

/End Rant/

Archived