Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your outer barrel wobbles and the RIS is half falling off, it means that the barrel nut is not fully tightened.

-Sale

Hmmm seems like its over tightened because of how the RIS is.....I'll screw with it later. But the results are nice for a 100 dolla upgrade.

Holy ###### that's a huge jump in FPS!!! I had no idea it would be so much better just with the addition of the inner barrel!

It is pretty amazing. Tightbore barrels do way more for GBB than AEGs. I'm really happy to see that my hopes for a good power boost came through.

Actually the whole deal sounds pretty slick. Going from CQB power to full woodland power could be as simple as switching gases.

It would be fun to see some actual 100, 150, 200 foot grouping from the gun if you ever have a spare moment.

Before with stock barrel:

Duster 260ish FPS

GG/Propane 360ish FPS

After with PDI barrel:

Duster 310 - 320fps

GG/Propane 460-480fps.

Just to clarify, these are velocities measured with 0.25 gram BBs right? Did some quick testing last night, and got a very consistent 350 fps using 0.25g Excel Non-Bio BBs. It'll be interesting to see how the velocity differences are between the various PDI tightbore barrels compare. If the step up in velocity is consistent from barrel length to barrel length, then it might be a possible way for people to pre-tune their guns to shoot at a certain FPS.

Placing an order for the 368mm tightbore and 9 spare mags tonight. :X

Gonna install the G&P M4 front end tonight too.

Just to clarify, these are velocities measured with 0.25 gram BBs right? Did some quick testing last night, and got a very consistent 350 fps using 0.25g Excel Non-Bio BBs. It'll be interesting to see how the velocity differences are between the various PDI tightbore barrels compare. If the step up in velocity is consistent from barrel length to barrel length, then it might be a possible way for people to pre-tune their guns to shoot at a certain FPS.

Placing an order for the 368mm tightbore and 9 spare mags tonight. :X

Gonna install the G&P M4 front end tonight too.

Sorry these are with .20g

Well.

mine got issues... =)

1. Guarder 0.28 BB's stuck in the hop... It'a only a guarder problem?

2. the same part just broked

20080506_4be1adbf647b223058ccWZTpmKFOmJMU.jpg

well... it's bad part.

Good news

1. SP handguards fits fine....

2. Changed base recoil spring on SP recoil spring... will chrono the changes but 0.28 BBs fly visibly faster and range is greater.

Handguard is from XM at the bottom (sun project)

8205337Xwa.jpg

Recoil spring is from it either.

Tested it more - with such hard spring BB's jam. 1 good shot for 1 good jam -)

But stiffer recoil spring (in the stock buffer tube) seems to make FPS higher - it's question of balance - because with spring from SP BB's a cracked apart in the entrance of hop-up (the hit is very strong)

Wupjak/Poison123/VTB,

I'm naturally interested in WA M4 (esp when the actual WA shop is like 2-3 km from my home!), and it seems more decent after market parts are coming up with it but with the weak hammer and hopup chamber, I'm wondering if you guys have any concerns about our respective purchases? These problems seem major but it appears you guys are still skirmishing with your M4's. Would you say the product is ready for the market now or would you recommend to wait for version 2 to a prospective buyer?

Note that if I do go for it, I'll be using this in Hong Kong (green gas) as well as Japan (HFC134a).

It seems as though all this gun REALLY needs right now is a reinforced hopup collar and some of the gubbins involved in the bolt catch.

Is that a correct assumption? If so, im sure someone will be releasing those parts in short order.

It seems as though all this gun REALLY needs right now is a reinforced hopup collar and some of the gubbins involved in the bolt catch.

Is that a correct assumption? If so, im sure someone will be releasing those parts in short order.

I'd say it's a correct statement :D

Yes. 2 parts.

1. hopup collar - brokes but (in mine case) it didn't affect range and groupings

2. plastic tiny bumber on bolt catch - yesm it's need to be changed. but it can be done later...

Aren't they around $100 in Hong Kong? Add on 20% and you've got £60 and then you've got postage, too, which is probably going to be £20 even if you only buy one (and buying 4 or 5 is going to be expensive!)

Scarily, £77 doesn't sound too bad! :o

Cheers.

I think the issue isn't so much the BB brand as much as it is the weight and the resultant amount of hop up required to get the bb to stabilize in flight. The hop up arm is shoved further into the path of the bb and the projectile is unable to get past the hop up rubber/arm, resulting in a jam. The next stripped round from the magazine then collides with the jammed round, takes the path of least resistance and busts off the upper hop up chamber lip.

I also busted my hop up as you did with .28g's. Associated with this is the fact that the hop rubber gets more and more slippery with more shots through the gun, so you have to dial in more hop up as the hop up rubber gets fouled/the magazine cools.

Well.

mine got issues... =)

1. Guarder 0.28 BB's stuck in the hop... It'a only a guarder problem?

2. the same part just broked

(pic)

well... it's bad part.

Good news

1. SP handguards fits fine....

2. Changed base recoil spring on SP recoil spring... will chrono the changes but 0.28 BBs fly visibly faster and range is greater.

Edited by Wupjak

Well,

I've tried 0.28 Guarder from another package - they worked fine... so i assume that's the question of BB's

Discovered strange issue - hop in two max positions (max "+" and max "-") works equally - BB's just drop. But in the middle of regulation range - it's possible to make flat 50-60meters trajectory with little climb at the end.

Wup, why not just use regular propane with no silicone added to avoid the issue of fouling the hopup.

I mean, realistically speaking you dont NEED silicone in there if you maintain the rifle every now and then.