Western Arms M4 CQB-R

Magsz, great minds think alike and all that. The seals are lubed well enough (by hand having had the mags apart a couple of times) so I've stopped adding silicone oil to the propane adapter. Even so it'll take a bit of time to work the oil that's already in there through the gun.

vtb, interesting observation with the hop. I haven't seen the same effect, but that's wild. Thanks also for the insight on the BBs.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know how long can you continue shooting until a 15fps drop?

And Do you recommand WA M4A1 14.5" or the WA M4A1 10.5" + G&P M4A1 stuff?

Personally, I couldn't accept the poor quality of the WA front end on the WA CQBR so I bought the G&P M4A1 front end and replaced it.

If you think you'll be okay with the quality of the stock WA front end, then go with the WA M4A1. If you think you'll want to swap out the WA front end and replace it with the G&P parts, then you might as well buy the WA CQBR and replace the front end with G&P parts. Basically, why pay an extra $25 for parts you're just going to bin?

Since switching the WA front end to the G&P M4A1 parts... my WA M4 finally feels whole. ^_^

Maybe i'm a little premature with this question but does anyone know what the inner barrel length of the recently released full length WA M4A1 is?

Same as the CQB-R: Stops even before the front sight. They had to keep the velocity down for the Japanese market.

-Sale

Well...

Spended some time looking at the mags....

9198877cQZ.jpg

fitted marui mag into WA M4....

Think it's possible to convert WA M4 to external power and marui mags - the WA mag should be sacrificed to make upper part with valve and magazine lips, fixed permanently in the reciever. Gas route is from the side of reciever (yes - the hole...), gas supply can be putted inside M203, fixed on RIS.

The idea - marui mag putted in place. it feeds the BB's direclty into upper part of WA mag (cutted on halfs of course) and thru the lips left from WA mag - to the hop chamber. Gas is taken from the side of reciver in the remains of tiny chamber from the WA-mag. the GBB works standart way (hit's the valve etc.)

Of cource (checked) upper back part of marui mag have to be modified either.

Bolt stop won't work i think. But system could be modded to run from the constant HPA pressure.

Of course it's an idea like - WHAT IF. but once i'll get spare mags and G&P alu reciever - i'll try to do that.

Update... -)

Looked into the manual... mag itself has upper part as a block with mounted valve - etc.... But it's large enough not to let Marui mag to fix in the place as it should be fixed (by mag catch).

So the way is - take upper from WA mag, lower from the hi-cap (i've looked to VFC one from HK416). The external gas route thru the front side of hi cap (tank is still in the M203).

And it\s possible to make spare hybrid hi-caps mags in such way. change of mag will be climsy - disconnect gas route, eject mag, connect gas route (from the front side in the area of M203 trigger guard. Good part - no modification to the reciever.

Edited by vtb

just a question, is there anyway to mod the fps? cause right now it sound either too low or too high for woodland...

default is 380 on propane

and like 300 on duster right?

cqbr tightbore was like

425?

330?

and m4a1 length

450+

360?!?

Sounds like there isn't a good one to choose.

Fyi I don't own one, just looking around planning stuff out before buying it

What fps are you looking for? It seems that many of the common limits are right there depending on what your barrel config is.

the city I'm in, the clubs (all of em follow it) is 400 and Propane is like only choice for gas next to $0.50 per shot for gbb (Green/134a is like $30/can + pricy shipping afaik)

I guess it just have to wait for the flow valve to come out and restrict the flow. (Personally I tend like stuff can do better than I ask, and I just put it to lower tune.)

I'm just looking still, don't have it yet.

the city I'm in, the clubs (all of em follow it) is 400 and Propane is like only choice for gas next to $0.50 per shot for gbb (Green/134a is like $30/can + pricy shipping afaik)

I guess it just have to wait for the flow valve to come out and restrict the flow. (Personally I tend like stuff can do better than I ask, and I just put it to lower tune.)

I'm just looking still, don't have it yet.

My stock CQB-R shot around 390 on propane at 75-80F iirc (check the review post). That's within your limits. Range and accuracy are both excellent even with the underlength barrel. Not sure what you're saying about too low or too high.

My stock CQB-R shot around 390 on propane at 75-80F iirc (check the review post). That's within your limits. Range and accuracy are both excellent even with the underlength barrel. Not sure what you're saying about too low or too high.

I read thru most of the posts, but didn't figure out did you use the tightbore or not? because most of the stock CQBR only has max of 380 with 370s

I had the original stock barrel in there when I chronoed the gun for the first time at 392 or whatever it was. A true CQB/10.5" length barrel (the stock one is shorter than the outer barrel as you probably know) would get you up over 400 fps.

The M4 length barrel that's in the gun now is a one-off 6.08 (measured) brass barrel that I had turned on a lathe and milled from an AEG inner barrel that I had laying around.

Edit:

Just received an email from Redwolf advising of an article on the internals of the magazine. Nice read if you haven't already taken yours all apart to little bitty pieces. ;)

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=190

Edited by Wupjak

Interesting. Originally, I was going to buy the 368mm inner barrel... but then I realized that that would put the fps way WAY too high for what we play at in Socal (Max 376fps using 0.25g BBs). Currently, unmodified my gun is shooting at about 340ish fps on 0.25g BBs. So I think I'm going to get the CQB-R length (210mm) PDI tightbore instead.

Can anyone confirm the length of the stock WA barrel?

Here's something fun. Don't buy the standalone steel barrels. They don't fit with the stock guards or nuts properly, mine refuses to get tight/non wobbly and the RIS does not fit back on :(

Not to mention everyone of my damn mags leak.

Edited by poison123

I see the DMR potential raising with external air mods. Could even see myself using qdtapped mags. What about using systema mags in vtb:s mod to retain boltstop? Now only if systema made 18rnd mags..

Edited by Korppi
Here's something fun. Don't buy the standalone steel barrels. They don't fit with the stock guards or nuts properly, mine refuses to get tight/non wobbly and the RIS does not fit back on :(

Not to mention everyone of my damn mags leak.

Dang, that sucks. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want one of these guns, but what you just said there really just knocked this gun down a couple of notches for me. Where are the mags leaking from? Also, how many mags were you able to get through before they took a dump?

Dang, that sucks. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want one of these guns, but what you just said there really just knocked this gun down a couple of notches for me. Where are the mags leaking from? Also, how many mags were you able to get through before they took a dump?

The 2 that are leaking from tapper valve are brand new. Got them like 2 weeks ago, and maybe put 3-4 mags worth through them. :(

Probably. Just is annoying. These stupid mags cost way too much to develop problems this quickly.

I know, for real man! I used to own two WA MarSOC Kimbers and like 4 mags and they were of pretty good quality. The problems this gun is having absolutely astonishes me! However, I'm probably still gonna buy one. :D I know a guy that is gonna machine some parts for me such as the bolt catch and that hop up collar thing. What else do you recommend I have him make for me?

Edited by Payne06
I know, for real man! I used to own two WA MarSOC Kimbers and like 4 mags and they were of pretty good quality. The problems this gun is having absolutely astonishes me! However, I'm probably still gonna buy one. :D I know a guy that is gonna machine some parts for me such as the bolt catch and that hop up collar thing. What else do you recommend I have him make for me?

Those are a good start. One of the problems I'm seeing now is the damn thing jams. F'ing hopup on it is completely worthless. I'm gonna try to work on that and see if I can make a fixed hopup that doesn't suck. :(