Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is dial chamber the hopup chamber? looks like it but Im not sure, and how bout loading nozzle?

Yes, it's the complete hopup as far as I can see, with the exception of an important o-ring that's not included in the picture. It's possible it's still included or also possibly the new WA rubber designed without it as hinted by RA-TECH. But I'm not sure of either.

I'd rather have a complete hopup chamber package from, for example, RA-TECH. Will wait some time to see if complete hop-ups will arrive from other manufacturers.

I don't understand what you are asking about the loading nozzle?

King Arms replica of the Leupold Mark-4 CQ/T

img3084eu3.th.jpg

img3086ay4.th.jpg

img3089ts3.th.jpg

Eotech on a LaRue Riser with BUIS

img3091vv5.th.jpg

img3092ky7.th.jpg

img3094ln9.th.jpg

Aimpoint Magnifier on a Twist Mount

img3095oq2.th.jpg

img3096lz4.th.jpg

Realistic Field Stripping

img3097dd0.th.jpg

Charging Handle and Bolt Carrier

img3098vm4.th.jpg

Edited by TooTall
ak does not have bolt stop so it would most likely dry fire, also its completely different design

and its good thats its a different design!

it works :D

btw, why should it dryfire?

you could make the mag with a stoper, so last bb is gone it wont cycle

ptw like or so...

A question for all the owners:

Id like to know if you think that it would be possible to modify the mags to admit 12g Co2 capsule

It would be great if I could replace the valve and the internals by Mini-Uzi mag's ones.

About the internal of the rifle itself, Im getting information to order all the pieces in stainless steel to a CNC shop here in Spain. (I know that it would be really expensive, but I own right now a ICS M4 in which I invested over 2200USD, so...)

With the steel internals and Co2, it would be definitely attractive for me.

Id like to know if you think that it would be possible to modify the mags to admit 12g Co2 capsule

It would be great if I could replace the valve and the internals by Mini-Uzi mag's ones.

About the internal of the rifle itself, Im getting information to order all the pieces in stainless steel to a CNC shop here in Spain. (I know that it would be really expensive, but I own right now a ICS M4 in which I invested over 2200USD, so...)

I'm sure it *could* be possible. But I'd wait to see how the mags on these other rifles work that are coming out soon. I'm willing to bet the inokusa(sp?) CO2 mags might work with the WA M4.

I really hope you are right Poison, it would be a dream made true. Now I am skirmishing with my KWC Mini Uzi with Co2 (modified to do 300fps and to be able to empty 1 magazine and stand other 20 bbs), and the kick with Co2 is really really great (I hardly can keep the sight from the 2nd shot), even with custom inner protective bumpers I installed.

what kind of steel would you use? 4140? 4150? or CMV? if you're gonna do this for sure, i'd like to order 2-3 hop up chambers, bolt stops, and bolt carriers ;)

Would it not be better to use aluminium as there is a chance of steel sparking.If you get a stoppage the bolt carrier does not return forward correctly,which leaves gas venting from the mag.This could be a problem as regards to a fire hazard.Also if you could get parts cnc the bolt face and blow back parts could be custom made for certain f.p.s output.It would just be a matter of swapping bolts for use on different sites,just like you can on a p.t.w or swap the spring on a a.e.g.

Just a thought.

I have to get the confirmation of several CNC shops/companies I asked to produce small quantities of custom parts, so as soon as they confirm me that they can, and with ta reasonable price, Ill post it so that we could get together the parts we are interested in.

Anyway, Im not decided about purchasing the rifle yet, so it depends on it too. And of course, the posibility of using Co2 mags. So take it easy guys, maybe I take my time to decide to get the rifle and its parts CNC'ed.

Ill keep you informed.

I joined the WA M4 club :P

Say, how are these mags assembled? I tried to get the bottom plate off to install a Magpul rangerplate, and the small lip broke of... Is the bottom plate permanently attached to the internals of the mag?

While I'm here, a picture of mine:

DSC_2486.jpg

Nice looking weapon.

As you point out, that won't work. There is a series of roll pins and a fatter, solid pin that hold the baseplate and the front channel of the magazine in place. Make sure the gas is vented before you start removing roll pins. Ask me how I know.

Wupjak, this thread is VERY imformative. I think I spent the last hour reading each entry. I just want to add that RA-Tech's forum is also very good and has step by step instructions (w/photos) on disassembling/reparing leaking magazines and installing their hopup chamber.

I too purchased one - having been away from Airsoft games for about 3 years, this piece has brought me back (at least for CQB games). This thing is a ton of fun to shoot and feels/looks better than any AEG/PTW I used to own (although I've never used the new generation PTW). It might be even more fun than my YE-Mp5. I agree with all of the flaws that have been posted here. We need a bolt catch ASAP!

Since a few folks posted their, here's mine...I know it's plain compared to others. I want to get rid of the silly rails so I'll change that soon. LM&T BUIS, Optima PP, and fake VFC suppressor (on G&P Knight's SR-16 type flash hider)...sadly, the suppressor doesn't do anything so using it for looks. On my YE, the suppressor actually works. Insides using RA-Tech chamber (I like it! No problems here to-date!), PDI inner, and AS buffer (removed the spring upon everyone's recommendation).

wam4.jpg

Needs work out of the box, but thumbs up from me!

Also, uscmCorps - 10 magazines might be tough to carry, depending on what type of games you play. I tried 8 for quick and informal CQB games and I start to notice the weight so I went to 6 (almost like carrying a brick on your chest). Maybe not tough, but takes some to get used to compared to AEG magazines.

how much did you get for fps on your gun using pdi for cqbr length?

I never crono'd it...I'll check the next time I measure it. If there's anyone in the Boston area that has one that might also be interested, please feel free to send me a note.

i'm lazy, but can you give me the link for RAtech's forums?

Here's the link: http://www.taf-inc.com/discuz/forumdisplay...d=32&page=1

WANG is RA-Tech.

I never crono'd it...I'll check the next time I measure it. If there's anyone in the Boston area that has one that might also be interested, please feel free to send me a note.

Here's the link: http://www.taf-inc.com/discuz/forumdisplay...d=32&page=1

WANG is RA-Tech.

I am not Wang, my name is Johnny,Before I posted of that website is just for your reference.

The following website is our offical website: www.ratech.com.tw

If any question about our products, please post on the Q&A

We will answer you ASAP.

Loads of new WA parts from G&P comming http://www.gp-web.com/en/news.php

No bolt yet, but Sear, Hammer pin set, Grips, M16A2 barrel and front kit, M203 front kits for M4/M16 and also a M5 RAS front set.

Edit: Anyone know if the WA needs special M203? I just assumed they could use pre-existing ones for "real" barrel. Hmm.. looks like they actually are their old M203s. Not that I really need one. But I do wonder what a M16 length inner barrel would chrono if such would exist... probably too much with GG, but you 134a users might have use of it? What I am gonna get is the hammer pin set, mine just tries to escape so hopefully G&P's is more stable. A sear is fine too. :)

Edited by coladraken

Based on my experience, G&P products are fairly poor. I noticed on quite a few front sets that I've installed, the top half never fits the bottom. I think Poison had the same problem with his, so I suspect G&P has not corrected this issue. Their M5 RAS that I worked on (maybe a year ago) could not be put together without major work. In order to take them apart, I had to first remove the front sight and end cap. My suggestion is to not to waste money on their rails and save up for a real set (they did not have Knight's markings - their free float tubes did).

There's not enough time to list the problems they have (maybe "had" by now) with their metal bodies.

On a side note, WA is now using different bolt catches to their M4's. I'm not sure if the new ones (all black - earlier ones are black/gray) are any better, but I'll see if I can find out. Also, rumor has it that the Zeke body will come in M4 (not M4A1) or Diemaco C8A1 markings. Like most people, I suggest waiting for a CNC body.

Lastly, has anyone have information on a PGC "Valve Lock"?

I joined the WA M4 club :P

Say, how are these mags assembled? I tried to get the bottom plate off to install a Magpul rangerplate, and the small lip broke of... Is the bottom plate permanently attached to the internals of the mag?

While I'm here, a picture of mine:

DSC_2486.jpg

I think you mean you joined the Buy a expensive toy and sink more money into it cuz it has half azz parts. LOL, thats what it sounds like.

Which i mean that you put on some good equipment on it which cost you a good buck but knowing that the internals are gonna break in no time speading more money on that from other companys unless you already did that.

Just reminds me when people buying a Delorean when the company when out of business. I dont see the point in it. Wait for version 2 or another company making a better or more reliable one.

Edited by AirRage