Western Arms M4 CQB-R

I think you mean you joined the Buy a expensive toy and sink more money into it cuz it has half azz parts. LOL, thats what it sounds like.

Which i mean that you put on some good equipment on it which cost you a good buck but knowing that the internals are gonna break in no time speading more money on that from other companys unless you already did that.

Just reminds me when people buying a Delorean when the company when out of business. I dont see the point in it. Wait for version 2 or another company making a better or more reliable one.

Now I'd like to comment on this. This gun is a 100% reliable if you shoot it on what its supposed to be shot on...ala 134a. Despite what Redwolf and the other idiots say, it was not designed to be shot on GG by Western Arms. The only real part I think is sub par is the mags with how easy they seem to develop problems. Only reason I'm getting rid of mine for the moment is because I'd rather sink the 1k+ I have in it, instead into the 2x new RS AR15's I'm building, before the Obamanator bans them all.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something new from Guarder (don't think I have seen this before)

wam402llq8.th.jpg

Not too exciting but it hints about more parts. Still, I haven't found anything else for the WA at their site so I don't know what they are doing. Guarder is usually good at making reinforced nozzles and stuff but man are they slow producing things.

Link to Guarder (intrudershop)

if you used every replacement part availible, how much of the original WA M4 would be left?

Not that close yet, some major things left. It also depends on the availability of WA spare parts. Example, no aftermarket bolt exist yet and I haven't seen one as WA spare part yet, but it shouldn't be impossible to get. (Airsoft surgeon should be close tho)

Front and stock should be replaceable completely except hopup parts. If you get available WA parts then you still need (afaik):

Receiver, Bolt, Charging handle, various pins, various "buttons" safety/boltrelease/magrelease, misc internal parts I'm unable to name.

It's possible some of the above can be replaced with RS parts. If replaced with WA spare parts (if they exist) it probably will still be expensive. Just the currently needed hopup and nozzle totals 100$ (+more getting metal chamber).

But in a year, who knows.

Edit: just wanted to add that I don't think replacing many part is that special to the WA. I've almost completely changed all parts on my old TM gun (and it still doesn't work good :P).

Edited by coladraken
Looks like Prime is making a CNC machined bolt.

http://www.prime-airsoft.com/home.html

Not too fond of the odd looking VLTOR type that AS is making...just on looks alone I might go with Prime. We'll see...

Is the default WA bolt carrier that bad? Is it a weight issue or durability issue? Because I was under the impression that the bolt carrier was fine, and it was the loading nozzle that needed to be replaced with a stronger one. The main interest in the AS bolt carrier from what I gathered was that the lighter weight would yield faster ROF. I definitely feel ya on the looks of the AS Vltor Bolt Carrier... As much as I like Vltor, I'm not a fan of the way that AS bolt looks.

Isn't it the bolt returning at the end of the cycle that is causing the weak parts to break? If so wouldn't it be the recoil spring causing the wear as opposed to the gas? I would think that the gas would just cause the bolt to cycle back and the spring would supply all the force that pushes the bolt forward toward the bolt stop and hop up. Meaning regardless of the type of gas used, the bolt would still travel forward at the same speed and with the same amount of force. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by spartan490

why has noone made a reinforced bolt stop yet?!?!

are you guys having no issues with the bolt stop excessively wearing/breaking?

the only internals i think are an issue are: (in order of importance)

-hopup chamber

-bolt stop

-buffer

those are the internals i would swap for green gas/propane use. what are the thoughts about this from my fellow WA CQBR users?

-hopup chamber

-bolt stop

-buffer

those are the internals i would swap for green gas/propane use. what are the thoughts about this from my fellow WA CQBR users?

I'd swap out the bolt aka air nozzle set for something polycarbonate made.

Is the default WA bolt carrier that bad? Is it a weight issue or durability issue? Because I was under the impression that the bolt carrier was fine, and it was the loading nozzle that needed to be replaced with a stronger one. The main interest in the AS bolt carrier from what I gathered was that the lighter weight would yield faster ROF. I definitely feel ya on the looks of the AS Vltor Bolt Carrier... As much as I like Vltor, I'm not a fan of the way that AS bolt looks.

For me I was thinking it might be a weight issue. I'm restricted from using Green Gas/Propane here (HFC 134a only). I don't know...I'm a bit ignorant around the inner working of gas powered Airsoft so I'm just guessing.

-hopup chamber

-bolt stop

-buffer

Again, from using 134a only, there is nothing broken. However, the bolt stop (the gray colored area) has worn down considerably. The buffer, hopup chamber, and loading nozzle is fine so far.

Looks like we might be seeing a good few plastic WA bodies going up for sale soon then. It might pay to buy them up and keep them as spares in case my own breaks.....hold up, I'll probably buy the metal replacement one though.....anybody want to buy a WA plastic body? :D

Yeah, one reason I like the AS versions is that it is made out of 7075 aluminum so hopefully it will increase efficiency or let me run the higher spring rate.

G&P bodies are un-available for most dealers right now, I keep asking my G&P dealer.

on LA there's a bunch of different body's up, the one above here has the Marine trades which I do no like, but there's some others, FN, Stoner. Don't now if they are available yet.

And yes, I'm also frantically emailing all the shops :P