Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never been much of a fan of G&P's Eagle/Globe/Anchor usage on their M4s. I do like the Colt M4A1 version, or either of the KAC receivers (link 1, link 2).

The website lists it as 18,228.00 JPY (which is roughly US$170). If this is truly CNC'ed from a solid block of aluminum like G&P has alluded to, that's a highly acceptable price to me. * Edit: I take that back... this appears to be cast metal. Not sure if it'd be better than our all plastic receivers. :(

so far im not really impressed with the gun...i bought it used and after some shot i started to have trouble...my bb's roll out of the barrel, so i just changed my hop up chamber for the ra-tech and have a new nozzle on the way (i hope this will fix it..). (both pieces was slighty broken)

i received somes brand new mags today, 2 of them don't even keep gaz, its all leaking in 2-5 sec.

im not able to put a sling adaptor on the buffer tube...and my DD (RS) ras won't fit.

anyone can help me with any of my trouble?

so far im not really impressed with the gun...i bought it used and after some shot i started to have trouble...my bb's roll out of the barrel, so i just changed my hop up chamber for the ra-tech and have a new nozzle on the way (i hope this will fix it..). (both pieces was slighty broken)

The RA Tech hopup chamber and new nozzle will fix this problem. Just be sure to have that o-ring around the hopup rubber otherwise it'll still misfeed occassionally. I'm curious to see how the Prime hopup chamber fairs in comparison. I do like the construction plus I've had some good experiences with Prime products in the past. That's not to say that I'm not satisfied with the RA Tech - it's doing a great job. :D

i received somes brand new mags today, 2 of them don't even keep gaz, its all leaking in 2-5 sec.

This is a very easy fix. Go to the WAM4 forum and read this thread about fixing mag leaks. The site is in Chinese but don't worry the pics are easy enough to follow. Now there's only one other thing that I recommend you fix while you have your mags apart. And that's loctite the small screw holding the silver colored bottom plate on the upper (expansion?) chamber. This is the source of the rattling some of you may be hearing when you shake your mags. Again, very simple to fix.

im not able to put a sling adaptor on the buffer tube...and my DD (RS) ras won't fit.

You should be able to solve the sling adaptor issue by installing a real buffer tube. I've got one ordered and on the way so I'll be able to confirm this (I've seen others mention it before so I'm pretty sure it'll work). As for the DD RAS, you're out of luck until we can get metal receivers. As with AEG metal bodies, we'll most likely need to rethread them to fit accessories like a DD RAS or LaRue FF which require the use of a real barrel nut. For those of you who've done this I'm sure you'll agree when I say that it is not a something you look foward to repeating anytime soon. Hope this helps.

Nut

You bought a broken gun that someone else couldn't be bothered to fix. All the answers to the questions you ask are found in this thread.

I posted a fix many pages ago, as well as that that can be found on the forum indicated above.

What kind? An AEG sling adaptor? If so...yeah, no, that won't work. My Midwest Industries buffer tube adapter works just fine. As for the RAS, that's been covered. Add a spacer between the outer barrel and the barrel nut to get it close enough to spec to work. I have a Samson rail on mine that fit with a 15 cent o-ring added to correct the spacing.

anyone can help me with any of my trouble?

Read up, my friend. I've run across all of this stuff, figured it out and included it in my posts in this thread. Go find it. :)

As for the DD RAS, you're out of luck until we can get metal receivers. As with AEG metal bodies, we'll most likely need to rethread them to fit accessories like a DD RAS or LaRue FF which require the use of a real barrel nut. For those of you who've done this I'm sure you'll agree when I say that it is not a something you look foward to repeating anytime soon. Hope this helps.

Nut

I'm not familiar with the DD or LaRue RAS units, but if they're not a barrel nut in and of themselves, the stock gun can accomodate real forearms with the addition of a simple spacer. See the first picture of my review (MRFS on there). :)

Could be that the valve lock is altered to leave the valve a bit less open, which would preserve gas. It would not affect the velocity because the BB is shot with the first blast of gas that comes out of the magazine, as the hammer pushes the valve fully open. The guy behind PGC is a genious, I've met him a couple of times. I wouldn't assume any BS there.

-Sale

Could be that the valve lock is altered to leave the valve a bit less open, which would preserve gas. It would not affect the velocity because the BB is shot with the first blast of gas that comes out of the magazine, as the hammer pushes the valve fully open. The guy behind PGC is a genious, I've met him a couple of times. I wouldn't assume any BS there.

-Sale

I watch the video and it showed nothing other than a WA M4 firing with crappy music and had nice edit in the middle of the firing.

Until there's a official announcement I call BS on it.

OK guys, WA CQBR Noobie question / advice request here:

I just picked up my Blaster the other night and while I'm super impressed, the performance on duster gas is underwhelming to say the least... so I spoiled myself and loaded up the propane :D Now that's a blast, but I obviously have some durability concerns. Since some of you guys have had yours longer and a few of you have put them through the stresses of higher pressure gases, here is my question:

What breaks (I know hop up chambers, but anything else)? Does it make more sense to just run on propane as long as I can and then just buy the upgrade parts when it inevitably breaks down, or are there non-replaceable parts I need to worry about damaging? If so, I might just let the thing sit until I upgrade... but if it's all the same, I'd love to start fielding it :D

Obviously opinions differ, but give me your best arguments (pros / cons) if you will.

Thanks in advance.

I just picked up my Blaster the other night and while I'm super impressed, the performance on duster gas is underwhelming to say the least... so I spoiled myself and loaded up the propane :D Now that's a blast, but I obviously have some durability concerns. Since some of you guys have had yours longer and a few of you have put them through the stresses of higher pressure gases, here is my question:

What breaks (I know hop up chambers, but anything else)? Does it make more sense to just run on propane as long as I can and then just buy the upgrade parts when it inevitably breaks down, or are there non-replaceable parts I need to worry about damaging? If so, I might just let the thing sit until I upgrade... but if it's all the same, I'd love to start fielding it :D

Obviously opinions differ, but give me your best arguments (pros / cons) if you will.

Thanks in advance.

If your going to shoot propane, get the hopup upgraded. The upgrade is like 60 shipped I think. Its worth every penny.

I just picked up my Blaster the other night and while I'm super impressed, the performance on duster gas is underwhelming to say the least... so I spoiled myself and loaded up the propane

Thanks in advance.

I would strongly suggest on NOT using propane. Maybe get a carbine length PDI inner as from my understanding it improves the power considerably. There are parts that are wearing down, but I'm thinking 134a gas has done considerably less damage (most damage is to the bolt stop). However, I've read posts on other forums where the hop-up chamber was damaged along with leaking magazines using 134a. I haven't seen any issues with damaged nozzles, although I would like to have a polycarbonate one regardless of what gas is used.

So far all my magazines seem to be okay, although I have put much more care into them compared to my pistol magazines. I'm expecting something to go wrong soon :)

what can one expect out of a carbine length inner barrel on h134a with .25 bbs?

is h134a the same has the computer duster gas? i was told it wasn't. "real" h134a gas is the freon refill cans for automobiles is what i've been told...but can i still use computer duster gas?

for those that use h134a gas...what do you use?

what can one expect out of a carbine length inner barrel on h134a with .25 bbs?

is h134a the same has the computer duster gas? i was told it wasn't. "real" h134a gas is the freon refill cans for automobiles is what i've been told...but can i still use computer duster gas?

for those that use h134a gas...what do you use?

I know I posted it before on this thread. If I remember correctly I was getting between 320-340fps with the 368mm barrel, and that was using the Radio Shack duster cans, which is about as close to 134a as you can get.