Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, those of you that have your WAM4s to hand, what are the chances that an AEG upper could be modded to fit the WA internals given a mill and a lathe and a lot of time?

Most importantly, do the holes for the receiver pins line up and are they the same width?

Cheers. Mine is on the way but I am having some wicked ideas.

Well, I was sort of thinking along those lines but I would need to either extensively mod the TM stock to fit or try to source a Kokusai or RS one and they are both pretty rare and/or expensive.

We'll see, I'll practice on an old JG M733 upper I have lying around.

So, those of you that have your WAM4s to hand, what are the chances that an AEG upper could be modded to fit the WA internals given a mill and a lathe and a lot of time?

Most importantly, do the holes for the receiver pins line up and are they the same width?

Cheers. Mine is on the way but I am having some wicked ideas.

Maybe not impossible, but I would think it would be very difficult. I noticed the inside of the upper has very unique shape not found on real AR-15's or AEG's. It holds an odd looking barrel socket...it looks like it's designed so the BB's can load smoothly into the hop chamber. You'll know what I mean when you actually see it. I'm guessing you would need to add material to an AEG upper to hold the socket in place.

On the lower, WA designed a VERY unique firing block. Real or AEG receivers do not seem to have the right design to accommodate it, since a real or AEG AR-15 doesn't use a firing block. The firing block also hold in place the even odder looking bolt stop (unlike real AR-15's, the bolt stop is not pinned to the receiver, but to the firing block).

But, I guess nothing is impossible in this hobby.

Edited by BaBaBooey

Ok, status update;

Nice package from Ebaybanned this morning!

Lets see...Magpul MIAD? Didn't fit. Magpul Trigger Guard? Nope. Larue RIS Freefloat replica? No dice. Tango Down grip? Needed LOTS of force before it went on. Magpul PTS CTR Stock? Fits! M4 Sling Swivel? Nope.

:angry:

MIAD fits, but too loose. The stock grip fits very tightly, but the MIAD totally not. I could fix this, with using some other material, but it would leave a horrid gap between grip and receiver.

Trigger Guard might fit, but I would need to file the tabs on the lower reciever. AND use a screw to fit the trigger guard on one end. Screw + plastic tab that propably breaks => nono

RIS would fit, but there's a bulge on the outer barrel, so the slip ring just wont screw on the upper reciever completely. Everything else seems to work,it's just the bulge on the outer barrel that screws it up. Have a G&P outer barrel on the way, but I don't think it'll fit that one either. Had to drill a hole for the fake gas tube. Trades ok, spelling not so ok. See pics.

Piccies;

img3102rp0.th.jpg

img3103mq1.th.jpg

img3105xh3.th.jpg

Ok trades...

img3107vp2.th.jpg

Not so ok spelling...

img3108iq4.th.jpg

Edited by TooTall

Hmmm is that a replica MIAD or a RS? My RS one fit perfectly onto the WA M4 and did not wobble at all.

*cough* You could always buy a RS Larue and not support china :)

Sorry M. Larue has commented that people have tried sending in those crappy 7.0 fakes for replacement.....

Poison, did you try the RS enhanced trigger guard as well? Did that fit okay?

and TooTall, Hows the quality of the Larue Replica? Does the quality even look like it should be mounted on a $500+ gun? Cost savings is definitely there and even though it may take a bit of work to install, I just dont know if I want to go RS or Replica when I buy a RIS...

Poison, did you try the RS enhanced trigger guard as well? Did that fit okay?

and TooTall, Hows the quality of the Larue Replica? Does the quality even look like it should be mounted on a $500+ gun? Cost savings is definitely there and even though it may take a bit of work to install, I just dont know if I want to go RS or Replica when I buy a RIS...

My MIAD came like this, with the trigger guard added.

IMG_3101.JPG

Can you confirm if that's a real one or not? And for fitting it, just the same position, stock screw in the middle hole? With the normal backplate or the one with the "backwing"?

Well I would like to get a real one, but Larue is not shipping to EU. And yes, I know people have said "we can ship it out for you" but when I spend my money I'd rather see it go to the shop instead of a go-between, heared enough bad stories... I don't like the whole China-copy thing either, but that's what we gotta work with here in Belgium.

The RIS, meh. Trades look ok, the 2 sling attachment holes are VERY rough, think my RIS is a used one actually......email to ebaybanned on the way about that. RS things fit on it. Not a bad RIS, but too bad the WA is build so it doesn't go on. In this case, if you would shell out say 500USD for a real Larue RIS, you'd have a much better product, no question. But the question is, from pictures that I've seen of the real kit, I think it has the same fitment issues the replica has. So instead of wasting 500USD (and that's without shipping, customs (25% added here) and a loooong waiting time) I wasted 35€ or something.

Funny thing, I'm a NCO in the Belgian military. And I remember seeing an airsoft reddot on a FNC once....go figure :D

Heehehe sorry I only give people ###### on Larue stuff :)

As for your MIAD...that does not look like RS at all. I'll snap some pictures of mine when I get home tonight, but there aren't any brass fittings on it, and its bottom cap is a snap on, no screws at all. And that packaging is completely different, should have come in a little baggy with inserts not a box.

Junior-

Yes the RS enhanced trigger guard fit like a glove.

*edit*

I think I see your problem with the MIAD, thats a PTS that I guess is made for a standard airsoft gun. I don't think those work very well at all considering the grip on the WA M4 is made(thankfully) to RS spec.

Here is what the RS looks like:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/deta...;product_id=214

Notice no metal other than the piece that screws the grip into the lower.

Edited by poison123
Do you have a link to the website(if thats where you bought it) where you got it from?

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1490

Sais Airsoft Version of MIsson ADaptable AR15/M16 Grip.

Grmbl :P<_< Who would have thought, the airsoft version doesn't fit the airsoft replica :blink:

Edited by TooTall
http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1490

Sais Airsoft Version of MIsson ADaptable AR15/M16 Grip.

Grmbl :P<_< Who would have thought, the airsoft version doesn't fit the airsoft replica :blink:

I'm sure it would work perfectly well on the AEG :)

Heheheh. As I've noticed so far on the WA M4, unless its a internal part needed for the action of the weapon RS parts seem to be the way to go. Ya ya I know....Don't ask me how much I've invested in my WA M4...Its depressing in the fact its just about on par with how much my RS Larue AR-15 I'm building has cost me :(

Just got mine :P^_^ Really nice, thanks for swaying me to get one. However, how the *fruitcage* do you get the damn thing open? The way the manual says doesn't work for me...

Huh? When you say open...do you mean seperate the upper from the lower? If so there's a takedown pin that needs to be pushed right below the forward assist button, and at the very front of the upper/lower.