• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Eisenhorn

That's what i figured mate :)

Eventually, there comes a time in airsoft when you either sit back and settle for what you have, or you try to push the envelope and increase the challenge/realism. I believe that operating under pressure brings out the best in me, and the looks on everyone's faces when i beat their times in the assault course whilst doing 2 tactical reloads and a transition midway through are priceless ;)

It's not just about winning - but about a glorious victory with style and elegance - something that i believe the WAM4 helps to deliver in this kind of environment. You'd never be able to convince me to take it out into the woods though... :D

Hop up broke in the same freaking place everyone else's did... What a bummer. Good thing I have a RATECH replacement on the way...

Happened only after about 6 mags too (3 on 134A and 3 on GG...)

Funny thing is that I fired about 20 or so shots on semi, flicked it over to full auto, pulled the trigger, and all the gas spewed out! When i looked, there were 2 BB's jammed in the chamber, and the little black piece from the hop-up. I figured I could just clear out the mess, gas up the mag and keep shooting... But i was wrong. the BB's would jam, and/or just roll out of the barrel...

Edited by junior
Is there a way to keep shooting until the replacement hop-up comes in? Without further damaging anything?

I'm not trying to be a jerk-off, but after all the reported problems, why is everyone using green gas when it wasn't designed to take it? Besides the power up-grade, are there other performance advantages of using green gas at the risk of the thing breaking? Is green gas just easier and cheaper to obtain?

Why not use 134a with the tight bore? Again, I'm just a bit ignorant on the different gases (their advantages and what not...I do understand the pressure is higher).

Apologies if this is a bit off-topic.

Thanks!

All I had left is GG. I knew about the problems associated with using green, but since I had a hop-up on the way I didn't really care. The bolt stop already had been disconnected, and as far as I know the problems with the hop-up are bound to happen whether it's with GG or 134A.

It's just a shotty design.

Edited by junior
Stupid question, but where is everyone obtaining their RATECH hop units from? Had a quick look on some of the HK retailers but came up empty

Most of us have bought it direct from RATech: http://www.ratech.com.tw/eng_ratech/pro_of_eng.html

It's about 1/3 of the way down.

Also, the 2Roy: WA M4 metal HopUp chamber has just been released as well. We have yet to find out how all these aftermarket hop-ups compare.

heh.. why have no other on this thread talked about the possibility?.. It would make it stronger so it would not break and might let people use stronger gas..

When I have used this hour or so reading the complete thread that solution was the first that popped in my head.. Hope this would make the WA M4 more reliable.

Thinking of buying this myself soon.. just e-mailed some shop in japan that got cheap mags, but they only ship in japan <_<

Hmm Inokatsu just has three video release about it, They actually talk about it (Chinese only) Looks like the accuracy is crazy accurate without any cool down using the burst they are doing. However I they didnt show any bolt stop right now makes me think that they probably is having durability problem with bolt catch aswell