Western Arms M4 CQB-R

Is there some new technology in these mags or is it just a complete urine extraction?

While these mags really are designed differently, it doesn't justify the insane mark up. As poison123 said, the HK retailers are really inflating the prices on these mags. Plus they fail to mention that you will most likely need to rebuild each magazine if you are going to use green gas. As most of you have probably already found out, many unmodified WA mags can't handle green gas and will start leaking after a very short period of time. Naturally, duster gas and 134A users are spared this aggravation.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My supplier in Norway got three types of gas easy avaible.. But all is over 134A gas.. Anyone tried with any of these?

Begadi green, yellow and top gas.

He also could get something called Abbey Predator Ultra Gas.

Hi everyone. I've been following this thread since the beginning, and have read it several times already, trying to glean every piece of information available on this replica. Here's the thing, I'm a milsim player, low caps only (68 rds mags) and so the M4 WA, with its blow-back feature, really appeals to me.

Nonetheless, I've been holding back on buying it since it came out, waiting to get feedback on it (also stacking up the money to buy it too. I'm still in university, so can only work during vacations). Now, I'm kinda reluctant on this replica, with all the reliability problems I've been hearing around here.

However, if I'm not mistaken, that's because people have been using it with green or propane. Now here's the thing: if I play it with only winter gas (the cybergun kind, American Eagle Winter gas I think its called, its already lubricated too), will it be reasonably reliable? Ok, so a part from the bolt stop, I know (I'll buy spares waiting for the steel one...), will it function flawlessly, without the whole goddamn thing falling apart in my hands?

For the second part of my question: I play with upgrade-whores, the kinda spray-and-pray players, who are loaded with 380 fps m4s with drum magazines. So sure, with a WA M4, I won't compete regards to ammo, but I'm used to that (low caps, remember?) and I'm fine with it too, however, I DO want to have decent range. Will I be able to compete with them with just winter gaz, and a carbine length PDI barrel (368mm)?

I'll be grateful for all the answers WA M4 users can bring me. Thank you if you can help me out.

My supplier in Norway got three types of gas easy avaible.. But all is over 134A gas.. Anyone tried with any of these?

Begadi green, yellow and top gas.

He also could get something called Abbey Predator Ultra Gas.

If he can get begadi stuff look at this chart from begadi:

fps16-gastabelle-begadi-en.jpg

Got a new RIS system. I couldn't get the Larue replica from Ebaybanned on, because there's a thick ring on the WA stock outer barrel. Ofcourse it did fit when I put the G&P outer barrel on. But I already ordered the new RIS, the Daniel Defense 7.0 Lite rail replica from www.scopeandlaser.com

On some pics the DD rail is wet, that's because there was quite alot of grease on it, so I used degreaser. After rinsing it down it was drying out, when I took the pics.

Larue replica bottom, DD on top.

img3101md8.th.jpg

On the left Larue replica with selfmade opening for the gas tube, on the right the DD replica with the special "Bolt Up System"

img3102jh3.th.jpg

Trademarks on the DD replica, which are on top of the RIS like the real one. No shpelung irrers with this one ;)

img3103za8.th.jpg

After another real easy installation (GOD I live real spec :D ) some sideviews

img3111il3.th.jpg

img3112mi6.th.jpg

And since after a long wait there's finally some good weather in Belgium, some outdoor pics!

img3114jb5.th.jpg

img3116ql3.th.jpg

img3120gv5.th.jpg

img3118jg8.th.jpg

(I can't resist. Look! LOOK! Open chamber! :P

img3121ux6.th.jpg

The stock is very easy, standard installation.

I'm having another problem though. Ever since I installed the G&P outer barrel, the front sight has gone wobbely. I can install a new flat gas block thing, but I want to retain the standard front sight. I can buy a steel front sight from Guarder or something, but I'll get that when I get a metal body from Hongkong. Has anyone got the same problem?

Guys, the stuff you've been waiting for ages are going to be released on August 31th: Inokatsu metal receiver, steel bolt catch, and much, much more. Here are the pics and the links:

inom4-1-28jul.jpg

inom4-2-28jul.jpg

inom4-3-28jul.jpg

Redwolf Blog

Hope this helps. Let the ranting and panting begin! :D

With these new parts and other companies working on new bolts, plus replacement parts from WA... Do you think it would be possible to build a M4 from the ground up, without having to buy a WA in the first place?

hmm, so I guess ppl were right about the Inokatsu replicating WA's.... My money would probably put into Inokatsu Gun more than WA M4

With these new parts and other companies working on new bolts, plus replacement parts from WA... Do you think it would be possible to build a M4 from the ground up, without having to buy a WA in the first place?

Yes, but here's the effective cost based on whats there with listed prices at the moment:

body 295

Stock/buffer/etc 133

Firing group 130

Barrel set 166

RIS 115

Valve assembly/bolt 60

Inner barrel 53

hopup 60

Total $1012

And your still missing the Bolt Carrier, and the magazine. So I'd expect to pay 100 bucks for the Bolt Carrier and we'll say 90 for the magazine. So to BUILD the rifle your looking at $1200 vs 550sih for the base + honestly 60 for the hopup(since this is REALLY the only you have to upgrade).

Yea I calculated how much it would cost to put together as well. But for someone who is looking to get all the reinforced parts anyways it might be more cost effective if you can source all the parts.

I still wonder why not just toss the WA and wait another 31 days before Inokatsu' is released? Seriously, unless you like spending time modding it, Inokatsu should be more cost effective

That sum of $1200 sounds like that Inokatsu might actually deliver their "Masterwork PTW" in less than 1000 bucks. Nice.

That's the gun I'm waiting for... Mmmm... I just hope their internals are sturdier. One can hope...

EDIT: It seems they are actually making a CO2 capsule magazine! Just check at the picture. That sounds good to me! If you can shoot even one ~30rnd(?) mag with a capsule (the mag looks likes the 20rnd M16-mag), then that's good enough for me! If you can fill just four mags with a Duster can with WA M4, that's way too expensive for me... (18€ per bottle here). And that Inokatsu seems to come in two versions. One matte black version and one "worn vintage" version. That worn look on the other one looks just gorgeus... (Or is it just the real-steel for comparison?)

Edited by Lupus78
Yes, but here's the effective cost based on whats there with listed prices at the moment:

body 295

Stock/buffer/etc 133

Firing group 130

Barrel set 166

RIS 115

Valve assembly/bolt 60

Inner barrel 53

hopup 60

Total $1012

And your still missing the Bolt Carrier, and the magazine. So I'd expect to pay 100 bucks for the Bolt Carrier and we'll say 90 for the magazine. So to BUILD the rifle your looking at $1200 vs 550sih for the base + honestly 60 for the hopup(since this is REALLY the only you have to upgrade).

Not the setup I would look at.. The body is 295, stock and stocktube I have in RS so no problem there and some of these are cheaper then WA.

The front set from G&P is like 114 for the ordinarty front and 150? for RIS version.

So I guess I am looking at 800? And that is not half bad for one with inokatsu body

PS! Anyone heard more about airsoft surgeon light 7075 bolt?

Edited by IBICO
And that Inokatsu seems to come in two versions. One matte black version and one "worn vintage" version. That worn look on the other one looks just gorgeus... (Or is it just the real-steel for comparison?)

Would that be the unfinished parts in the bottom picture your talking about?

Would that be the unfinished parts in the bottom picture your talking about?

Nope. Take a closer look at the other complete rifle. The one with the old type M4 hand grip (without RIS) - the one that's in the bag in lower picture. And it's also the one with receiver open in the middle picture. Is it a real-steel M4 or just another (really nice!) finishing for Inokatsu? (Okay, you can do that yourself with some sandpaper, but it still looks good).

Edited by Lupus78
Nope. Take a closer look at the other complete rifle. The one with the old type M4 hand grip (without RIS) - the one that's in the bag in lower picture. And it's also the one with receiver open in the middle picture. Is it a real-steel M4 or just another (really nice!) finishing for Inokatsu? (Okay, you can do that yourself with some sandpaper, but it still looks good).

Even though the bolt carrier assembly looks a lot more realistic I'm guessing it's airsoft. Looking at the picture below it clearly shows a metal bolt and bolt carrier (and possibly a one piece metal hopup unit). Not sure if they'll sell it in two versions. Perhaps it's just a marketing/promo shot?

For those that aren't sure which pic, it's this one.

Oh I just noticed the upper with a fixed carry handle and a 20 rounder! I can make my XM now. Yay! :P