Western Arms M4 CQB-R

Finally made some time to document (photographically at least, I have yet to write the copy) the process of installing the RA Tech hop up unit. Very simple installation, nicer fit than the stock unit. My magazine is at a friend's house being drilled, tapped and fitted with an external QD fitting. When I get it back, I'll start testing. In the interim, I'll write up the copy and post the install guide and my observations. Review portion will have to wait obviously.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw this on Inokatsu's website, may be of interest to some -

http://www.inokatsu.com/product/item.asp?l...p;idproduct=809

I know that they have already announced that they are releasing parts for the WA M4, as well as releasing their own MTW line of rifles, but this is a nicer pic that shows some more detail of the trigger parts soon to be avaliable for the WA M4, including a new bolt stop.

EDIT - Is it me, or does the logo Inokatsu have used look like an extended version of Sony's Walkman logo? :huh:

Edited by sadigh
Hello from Greece

Ι have that beautiful gun but i have the same problem :(

The hopup is broken and i lost the bolt hold small plastic part

I like if you now to tell me what hopup to bay

Best Retard

SPYROS

So far there isn't a replacement yet for the bolt stop (except maybe stock replacement parts). Right now theres a reinforced hopup from RATech and Prime, most people seem to be buying the RATech versions.

Just want to put in that I am looking for any defective or broken WA M4.. I got the Systema TW5 with some extras for trade if anyone are looking.

Reason is that I want to experiment on the WA with different parts without paying a lot of cash for it.. And since I got a brand new TW5 that I don`t need I would like to trade.

Finally made some time to document (photographically at least, I have yet to write the copy) the process of installing the RA Tech hop up unit. Very simple installation, nicer fit than the stock unit. My magazine is at a friend's house being drilled, tapped and fitted with an external QD fitting. When I get it back, I'll start testing. In the interim, I'll write up the copy and post the install guide and my observations. Review portion will have to wait obviously.

i'm anxiously waiting Wup ;)

Edited by chillindrdude
Can someone help me?

I want to buy (and install) new stock pipe (King Arms Stock Pipe with Markings):

kaaccm405bzm3.png

Anyone know, is it possible to install it (dimension)?

Thx

This is short than WA M4 stock tube. possible to install but not perfect fit.

I too am waiting for an Inokatsu M4 to become available for pre-order, but in the meantime I did want to throw out an idea regarding the WA M4 broken hopup collars that hasn't been mentioned yet.

I've worked on a number of Western Arms pistols in my airsoft shop and I can tell you that this double feeding problem is extremely common with WA's SV Infinity series of pistols. The only difference is that in the SVI pistols when there is a double (or sometimes triple, sometimes quadruple) feed what happens is that the loading muzzle breaks.

But, on the upside there is a cheap fix for it (and it's the only way to fix it as far as I know). Just replace the lip on the magazine with a PGC mag lip and voila! Problem goes away and no more broken loading muzzles!

It didn't matter if you used 134a or green gas (although green gas would break a stock SVI slide in short order) you'd still get multi-feeds and broken loading muzzles (since there was no hopup collar to break the plastic loading muzzle broke instead) all the time until you replaced the mag lips with PGC lips. Guarder and other brand mag lips made no difference in the double feeding, PGC lips were the only ones that stop the problem for sure.

That said, has anyone considered the possibility that the multi-feed problems that are breaking hopup collars left and right are not necessarily the fault of green gas or inserting a mag when there is already a round chambered? But that the problem is instead the feed lips on the mags?

Just seemed to make sense to me, since all Western Arms SVI series pistols have this exact same problem and replacing the mag lip is the solution.

http://www.systema-europe.com/Forum/forum_...PID=27984#27984

After the military show, MTW seens not that well as we thought...

First, at the very beginning, the distributor had calimed the pre-order item will only come with Zinc Aolly Matel bolt carrier and ###### off a lot people who put their money in there. Later on the distributor changed their policy and promised steel bolt carrier will come with the pre-order item.

Second, the gas version MTW will not come with magazine and it looks like they are tryin' to avoid plagiarism from WA.

In military show, the demo MTWs only have 360 RPM when fully charged with unknow conventional gas by using WA mag.

Therefore, the rumor on the street said they even didn't finished their own magazine design since the conventional gas doesn't have enought power to clear whole mag with steel bolt carrier.

I believe the steel bolt carrier is designed for CO2 version, but CO2 version may creates 200 meter-per-second velocity which is too close to velocity limitation in Taiwan's laws.

(In the demonstration, they throw down the demo MTW on the ground pretty hard and that probably is one of the reasons why that MTW became so sloppy. )

Third, MTW won't come with any type of trade mark like Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt ,etc....

has anyone considered the possibility that the multi-feed problems that are breaking hopup collars left and right are not necessarily the fault of green gas or inserting a mag when there is already a round chambered? But that the problem is instead the feed lips on the mags?

This is a good point Jin15. Having worked on over a dozen WA M4 mags I'd say it could be possible. The biggest indicator of this being a possibility is deformation of the loading nozzle. Small dents around the edges of the loading nozzle appear because it does not line up properly when loading the BB into the hopup chamber. But without any aftermarket mag lip to compare it to, it's hard to say for sure. Though I must say that I was able to solve a majority of these problems by installing the RA Tech hopup and only using some of the higher quality BBs. Still I wouldn't mind seeing aftermarket mag lips available in the near future.

After the military show, MTW seens not that well as we thought...

I heard something similar to this effect. Kind of disheartening when there are other sources echoing the same thing. Though I personally don't care much since all I really need is that metal bolt stop - and maybe a metal receiver. ;)

I dunno about you guys but i find these claims strange, as Inokatsu has been posting vids of the guns doing a lot better the 350 rpm and the page for the specs of the guns CLEARLY SHOWCASES the trades.

He also says:

Third, MTW won't come with any type of trade mark like Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt ,etc....

But then shows pics of a reciever with Colt trades further down his post on those forums:

2737346071_129ea827df.jpg

Hold on a second here. 360 RPM using unknown conventionnal gas with WA mag. WITH WA MAG. That's the important bit. I'm sure with the Inokatsu issued mags, there should be no problem. After all, the youtube videos we've all seen a thousand times clearly show that the MTWs perform correctly. I doubt that Inokatsu would make vids of their MTWs boasting respectable RPMs, only to release poor performing production models... come on!

As for trades, maybe there are two versions: US with no trades, and rest of the world. If Inokatsu showed in previous pics receivers with trades, then that's it. They won't show cool stuff and finally whip it off our noses for the final production models. That's just bad marketing. And we're talking about Inokatsu here. The guys that put naked gals on their adds to sell AEGs. They know their stuff :D .

Then again, I may be spilling ###### faster than a MG, we'll be fixed in a couple o' weeks ;) .

Western Arms: WA M4 Patriot Third GBB M4 from Western Arms is... M4 Patriot. Certain changes to the mechanism (mostly bolt mechanism) has been made in order to make operation more reliable. Also, replica now ceases to fire with empty magazine. It should be in stores shortly, price 64.050 YEN (388.85 EUR).

wa_m4_patriot_1208a.jpg

LOL

The Patriot could be a good base for customizing, if, and only IF, problems were resolved (bolt stop, etc.). But then again, since it costs as much as the CQB-R or Carbine, might as well buy those and get the reinforced parts. I'm still hoping heavily on Inokatsu's MTWs...

Notice the absence of trades on the patriot? Maybe because its just a low-res pic? or...?