Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of all the bodies they could've released I wonder why they choose to release that one first?

How are G&P bodies fit wise on AEG's? I wonder if their going to be a pain to fit onto the WA M4...

From my experience, G&P kits are horrible. Every single one that I've installed had more than one horrible issue. However, the last one that I installed was more than two years ago, so they might have improved (only their CNC bodies fit well).

The G&P AEG bodies I've been testing over the last couple of years have been consistent and robust. They're almost the only MBK I use on my M4s.

As for the WA M4... I've already got a Bolt Catch on it's way to me. :)

Where did you order the bolt catch?

BTW, I like that G&P ZOMBIE KILLER, so I decided to order one. Just hope I know what im doing when I install it :unsure:

Edited by DeathWish007
Out of all the bodies they could've released I wonder why they choose to release that one first?

How are G&P bodies fit wise on AEG's? I wonder if their going to be a pain to fit onto the WA M4...

My experience of fitting a G&P zombie Killer metal body on an AEG, is that it's an absolute *badgeress* to get to fit. There again, I could've been really unlucky.

I really, really want one of these M4s, which is a problem, I'm trying to save up to move house.

Out of interest, as I haven't been following this thread very well (every time I come back, there's like another 20 pages added :unsure: ), have all the issue parts had improved replacements released (or soon to be released) now?

I'm still highly considering purchasing this gun... I just need some clarification on one thing: does this rifle accept real steel upper receivers? All the pictures I have seen suggest so but I want to be sure before I drop the cash on this beast.

Edited by Kalmar
I'm still highly considering purchasing this gun... I just need some clarification on one thing: does this rifle accept real steel upper receivers? All the pictures I have seen suggest so but I want to be sure before I drop the cash on this beast.

No. It does not work with RS uppers or lowers. Its been tried and failed...trust me :(

No. It does not work with RS uppers or lowers. Its been tried and failed...trust me :(

Is it because the dimensions are off? Or is it because of a completely different design altogether? I knew the lower would be different due to the gas in mag system however I thought most uppers would still be a good fit :/

FYI

Western Arms is made in Japan

Japan has tough laws on airsoft guns. It must not in anyway shape or form convertable to use Live rounds. In another words compatibility for a upper would highly suggest the possibility

Also, the lower is about 1-2mm narrower on a WA than on a RS version. Which would imply the upper would be likewise different dimension-wise.

Personally, I'm fine with the body being plastic. I just want it reliable. Which is why I'm glad they've finally released the steel Bolt Catch and reinforced HopUp. All I need now is a Aluminum Bolt, and I'll be content.

Hmm, have you had problems with bolt breakage uscmCorps?

So far the only problems I've heard of are the bolt catch breaking (hopefully fixed w/ G&P steel bolt catch), the hopup collar breaking (fixed w/ RA Tech hopup unit), and the loading muzzle breaking... but the loading muzzle breakage only happened when you installed an upgraded recoil spring. Leave the recoil spring stock and it shouldn't be a problem, or so I've heard.

Never heard anything about the actual metal bolt unit breaking though. Have you had trouble with yours?

Edited by Jin15

go get metal body and you can attach real upper (only execpt GP)

zeke,2roy,inkatsu are real size

but problem is boltcarrier size. so they are add bolt spacer in bolt carrier, you can see 2roy and inokatch have bolt carrier spacer

but why go real upper? prime will make VLTOR(hard anodiazing as real), and inokatstu made the forged upper body.

Edited by lee1hy
go get metal body and you can attach real upper (only execpt GP)

zeke,2roy,inkatsu are real size

but problem is boltcarrier size. so they are add bolt spacer in bolt carrier, you can see 2roy and inokatch have bolt carrier spacer

but why go real upper? prime will make VLTOR(hard anodiazing as real), and inokatstu made the forged upper body.

I seriously doubt even with the metal lower that a RS upper will properly fit. Thats really asking for trouble.

yes no reason go to real upper fit to wam4 metal body. prime and inokatsu made better body without modfication fit WAm4 then RS but omg..i saw 95% ptw US player made real steel with their PTW (90%real steel + 10%PTW parts) on systema-europe

lol, maybe US player thought RS parts are cheap and more strong then airsoft parts??? and easy to get RS in US local. so they are want RS. this is why US player spend money to get RS in my thought. but today/next TW/JP/HK airsoft will make better than RS,

(except some HK/CHINA oem prodct) lol

Edited by lee1hy
yes no reason go to real upper fit to wam4 metal body. prime and inokatsu made better body without modfication fit WAm4 then RS but omg..i saw 95% ptw US player made real steel with their PTW (90%real steel + 10%PTW parts) on systema-europe

lol, maybe US player thought RS parts are cheap and more strong then airsoft parts??? and easy to get RS in US local. so they are want RS. this is why US player spend money to get RS in my thought. but today/next TW/JP/HK airsoft will make better than RS,

(except some HK/CHINA oem prodct) lol

Seriously I call bs. Provide a link to someone who is stupid enough to use a RS lower, which is a registered firearm. Yes RS is cheaper, you can buy a RS lower for about 100 usd, and a RS upper for under 100 usd. BUT congrats now you have a airsoft rifle that is considered a RS firearm by any LEO. Whats even better, is under the ATF laws, if that airsoft replica shoots full auto, it can be considered a post 86 machinegun. Doesn't matter that it shoots plastic pellets, you were stupid enough to make a RS lower capable of firing anything full auto. You get fined a butt load of money for that and then you go to jail for a few years.

Please stop posting unless you have a clue.

yeah. most USA/Canada player they are have cheap RS and try to fit airsoft. and they are try real steel fit to AEG too. its BIG problem. and 90% post in US located (and who sell RS to outside, i saw US who sell RS upper 550USD to outside. taking private money, and here too)

its really really very bad <_<

and only US player disaffection to airsoft price vs RS price. its so ridiculous. lol <_<

Edited by lee1hy