Western Arms M4 CQB-R

Uncompany got the G&P Tank Front Set for Western Arms.

Almost makes me want another WA.. :D since the WA itself is not that bad priced and the high cost is the mags.. Then another WA is not that far fetched.

Would be cool to have one CQB and one as a sniper setup.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uncompany got the G&P Tank Front Set for Western Arms.

Almost makes me want another WA.. :D since the WA itself is not that bad priced and the high cost is the mags.. Then another WA is not that far fetched.

Would be cool to have one CQB and one as a sniper setup.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how feasible it would be to be able to build a second complete upper now out of after market parts. This way I wouldn't need another complete WA M4, I could just build CQB upper setup, and a SPR or Carbine type upper setup. Complete with a Pelican case to carry it all in :D

it's good that g&p is releasing all these parts for the wam4, but quit honestly, the ris i got from them doesn't fit properly, the bolt stop failed. I'm kind of afraid to buy anything from them besides the barrel. Since they're releasing parts i already have on my m4, might as well put it up! And i'm way ahead of you IBICO ;)

(no it's not a real acog)

wam4a1.jpg

(yes it is a real c-more)

m4cqbr.jpg

Junior - you could very well make a second upper. But no one makes the important parts like the bolt guide star shaped looking thing and the bolt assist button mechanism.

What RIS is on there?

I understand what you mean about the G&P quality but as far as the RIS goes, I'm sure it could be modified to fit correctly...Right? I'm pretty much used to having to modify things to get them to fit so that's not too much of a big deal to me. The bolt stop on the other hand just could've been a fluke design. It doesn't seem like it was too well thought out.

king arms. and the only thing i had to modify was the threading on the wam4. I think it's the "glue" that they put that creates friction between the normal. I'm too lazy to figure out how to get the g&p one to fit by modifying it. After all...the RIS that comes with it stock is good enough for me. Sure there's no rail numbers but the magpul rail covers hides it anyways. It's also my cqb gun so i want it as light as possible.

I bought the short type G&P front with a normal hand guard.. Then I fitted the Systema PTW delta ring set on the G&P barrel nut. This made a super fit instead of the G&P delta ring. Then I used the original WA RIS.

I also got rid of the shims and torqued the barrel nut all the way down until my hand turned blue so the barrel nut was aligned so I could put in the gas-tube.

Edited by IBICO
-------

offer. AND...they're going to be paying $800 for it too! HA! Inokatsu... you're starting to look more and more like a *cherry fruit pie* dumbA55 company. They say it's available to order so i'm sure the usual companies like redwolf will be getting them at the end of august which is when they said it was going to be released. Oh wait what? It's past august? *slaps face*

are you problem with that price 800?

its full steel GBB/strong inperparts/, if u problem total fullmetal gun with price. go get real ar15

think to happy u can buy direct from INO whole aseembly gun in your HAWAII

Like everyone else I was waiting for the Inokatsu, but one can only take so many draw backs and hold backs before they decide $900 isn't worth it anymore. So I took that same money and spent it on something more concrete; I bought the Western Arms. Sure the WAM4 may not be rock solid in of itself, but we know its flaws and how to fix them - We have a dedicated owner-base committed to improving our guns to their maximum potential and most importantly we are still growing. That is currently something the Inokatsu lacks and, if things continue the way they're going, it may never have. You can expect another frequent poster in this thread now, I just hope to contribute as much information as had helped me make this important decision.

- "Squid"

Edited by Kalmar

Congrats mate! :) Good choice.

Question to y'all, has this happened to any of you guys with your M4s?

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

On the last picture, bottom left, is a spring which I found in the lower reciever.. Any ideas where that might have come from? Inside the bolt maybe?

Also, best parts to replace them? New prime bolt and 2roy cylinder?

Thanks in advance chaps :)

Chrissy

Congrats mate! :) Good choice.

Question to y'all, has this happened to any of you guys with your M4s?

On the last picture, bottom left, is a spring which I found in the lower reciever.. Any ideas where that might have come from? Inside the bolt maybe?

Also, best parts to replace them? New prime bolt and 2roy cylinder?

Thanks in advance chaps :)

Chrissy

So the side of your bolt carrier broke off....ya thats a first as far as I know :(

I'd say that spring is from inside the bolt/carrier

Wow. That's the first I've seen this type of damage. What malfunction did you experience when this happened?

As for that spring, looks like it's the one attached to the floating valve inside your bolt/cylinder. Which means it's most likely broken too. The stock WA floating valve is the only replacement part available at the moment. So you'll have to buy the whole set just to get that one floating valve...

Well I need that whole assembly as the loading nozzle is borked too. Funnily enough, I didn't really see that much of a malfunction, it still shot fine, but just jammed occasionally. Not sure how it could have happened tbh, the gun is treated in the field and at home the same way a large thin pane of glass would be.

Looks like it'll be an expensive fix :P New bolt, bolt carrier thingy majigy, bolt stop, and a new metal body...doh.

I can't keep track of all the parts coming out for this, I think there is a prime bolt and a 2roy reinforced cylinder thing joined with an RA-Tech bolt stop?

The PRIME bolt carrier is out and available for purchase (both in black and silver). It's very nicely built and extremely light. The down side is it's alsy very pricey. 2Roy should have released their POM (?) nozzle/bolt already though I haven't seen any retailers carrying it just yet. RA Tech is shipping the bolt stops so you can pick one up whenever you like. IMHO the metal body isn't necessary but certainly comes with a high cool factor rating. :D

Btw the jamming issue may have been an indication of something slowly going wrong inside your WA M4. After I switched brands of BBs I haven't had any issues with jamming since.

I'm not sure if this is relevant at this stage, or if its perhaps too early......but has anyone considered doing a quick "data sheet" of parts change and breakdown for the WA M4.

I was thinking of a simple word document that had the original part that broke in one column, and the replacement parts and manufacturer in another column by the side.

Just so anyone purchasing this rifle has access to a quick reference sheet rather then having to read through sixty odd pages of posts.

Don't beat me if its a bad idea. :)

Has anyone installed the Pro-Win Hop Up Kit for WA M4A1. Is it a metal replacement part?

I can not find anywhere where it says what material this is made from.

Oh, and if you use this hop with the carbine then what is the max length barrel that can be fitted to the stock outer and flash hider with no silencer? Is it 368mm?

Cheers

Edited by Lughnasadhuk

Chrissyg - wow...i've taken the bolt out quite a bit within these last few days and i never thought it would break in that area. If the gun ever jams...something may already be wrong.

amateur - Oddly enough, just as i finished reading your post i wondered "where's mine???" and a minute later our secretary came to give me an envelope. woohoo! Got mine in and it does look a lot better than the g&p one. I'm going to wait for my stock one to break though as it's holding up quite nicely at the moment.

lugh - i JUST received the hop-up kit (different package from my bolt stop) along with the valve locks and nozzle recoil spring. The hop-up unit itself is 2 pieces like the stock part, but instead of a plastic entrance that holds the hop bucking inside, the hop bucking actually protrudes out in it's place. (no irritating small o-ring guys!) So even if the unit itself is plastic, the feeding lip that's always breaking on the stock part is in fact rubber (flexibility is a plus). This might even help to "cushion" a jam if it ever occurs. And 368 seems to be the limit with no silencer. I'll double-check when i get home. I have an extra 6.05 pdi inner i was gonna try this with along with an extra carbine length outer barrel.

Ing - i wouldn't mind making a spreadsheet of some sort, but i gotta know a list of problems and parts to replace it. I have a few so maybe I can start it up and circulate it around PMs.

######...it's only 9:30 am here and i can't try any of my parts out until after work...forgot my camera today too so i can't take pics of anything yet.

Haha well oddly enough because i'm in honolulu, we get things pretty fast since we're basically a checkpoint for a lot of mail. And it's not like it has to go through many mail stations to get to where i am...i mean i'm on a freakin island. I do see where they "modified" it to be less damaging for the bolt though. They sanded/filed down the area probably because it was too high and scraping the bottom of the bolt.