Western Arms M4 CQB-R

So hitting it harder releases more gas from the valves thus increasing the rate of fire...so hammer spring upgrade is completely useless for semi auto pistols or does it increase power? Also, would this cause failure in the valve if its being forced to have gas flow at higher rate than it was intended? So we will now need to upgrade both the knocker and get high-flow valves for the magazines?

Think of it this way...the hammer spring allows the hit to have more force. The valve is under a tremendous amount of pressure so when something hits it the valve will open and release a little bit of air and immediately closes when the hammer gets recocked from the slide. If you take out the mag and hit the valve with a hammer lightly, just a little bit of gas will be released. If you hit it harder, more gas will be released. Hammmer springs aren't completely useless and it does increase power. In my opinion it just doesn't make sense for full auto shooting to have more gas coming out faster. I'd actually like to see a lighter spring to let LESS air out of the mag and hopefully increase efficiency. I would much rather have a gun shooting at only 400 rather than 450 if it meant being able to go through an entire mag. The idea of the shorter stroke bolt kit thing from western arms might do just that...but i'm not exactly sure how this new system works.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The stronger hammer spring is most useful for green gas users. Since green gas creates more pressure inside the magazine the stock hammer spring often does not have enough force to open the valve completely. The amount of green gas released will slowly decrease as the stock hammer spring wears out. This eventually "starves" the blowback system then you get short stroking and misfiring issues. For 134a users, a stronger hammer spring is not necessary and perhaps even harmful to the valve since it's striking with more force than necessary to open the valve.

My thanks to those that have contributed to this thread, I am sure I am going to get full use out of the info found here down the road.

I just picked up my WA M4 CQBR today and so far it's been a lot of fun. I harvested some accessories from my Troy SPC AEG project and its realsteel counterpart to tide me over until I decide exactly what I would like to do with it:

WAM4TroySPC01.jpg

WAM4TroySPC02.jpg

WA M4 CQBR

KA MRF-M

KA Folding Battlesights

TD Grip Plates

Streamlight M3

VLTOR Clubfoot

KA ARMs Lever Mount + AimPoint

G&G SS-100 since it's the only thing I had in positive thread to extend out of the rail system... wish the barrel was 2" longer :/

I'm planning on getting a steel barrel once I decide on the length, I may go for a metal body at that time as well. I need to pull the GG&G sling plate off my RS to see if it fits, if so I'll add one of those too. Not looking forward to dropping the cash on the mags for this though, ugh.

Man, I wish it wasn't late o'clock. This thing is a blast to shoot!

Yes, I think a flow restrictor would be a great idea for this gun, it seems like a bit of a gas hog and the performance on 134 is pretty good.

Using a restrictor and green will give (if it is tuned correctly) a small boost in power but not too much and an increase in efficiency while at the same time reducing wear compared to green.

In fact I am going to e-mail AI now...

Do you think AI will release a propane adapter for these, they tend to make the guns they are fitted to a lot more gas efficient and give propane cheapness with 134a component care.

If they can fit one in a standard WA mechanism why not these?

They do make an adapter that you can attach to the magazine so you can use an external gas rig. However, I don't think it's designed for propane (probably for 134a). I posted a photo I scanned from a paper ad a few pages back.

Internal upgrades on the way:

RA-Tech Precision Barrel

RA-Tech Steel Bolt Stop

RA-Tech Steel Hop Up

Ra-Tech Steel Hammer

G&P 120% Hammer Spring

G&P Steel Sear

Airsoft Surgeon 140% Buffer Spring

Shooting propane with this thing the recoil will be amazing, hopefully these new parts will help the internals hold up to the abuse. I originally ordered the RA-Tech items from their main website however there was a mix up on the shipping label and once the package got through customs and reached my city it was sent back to Taiwan due to an incomplete address. Once notified of the situation RA-Tech not only refunded my full purchase immediately but they are also shipping my order again regardless. They have done an excellent job in taking care of my situation and I can't recommend them or their products enough.

http://homepage.mac.com/staticzero/.Pictur...M4TroySPC01.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/staticzero/.Pictur...M4TroySPC02.jpg

KA MRF-M

I'm planning on getting a steel barrel once I decide on the length, I may go for a metal body at that time as well. I need to pull the GG&G sling plate off my RS to see if it fits, if so I'll add one of those too. Not looking forward to dropping the cash on the mags for this though, ugh.

Nice rifle! I was actually looking at building a troy MRF aeg...but i ended up buying the wam4 and building the "m4 custom" from Metal Gear Solid 4. I didn't know king arms made an MRF-M! I thought they only made the MRF and the MRF-MX! Great...now i gotta go hunt for one. Um...or...you could tell me where you found yours ;)

Internal upgrades on the way:

RA-Tech Precision Barrel

RA-Tech Steel Bolt Stop

RA-Tech Steel Hop Up

Ra-Tech Steel Hammer

G&P 120% Hammer Spring

G&P Steel Sear

Airsoft Surgeon 140% Buffer Spring

I don't suggest you install the 140% spring. It's too strong for it's own good. If you got the spring guide with the buffer then you can install that but stay away from the stronger spring.

Very nice...still missing your eotech though ;)

Edited by shinhk
Very nice...still missing your eotech though ;)

Me to.. Have been e-mailing ebaybanned to check where it is.. Probably getting it this weekend.

But when I get money.. I would rather buy the Trijicon AccuPoint 1.25-4x24 Amber Triangle.. That is Pr0n :D

b73d_1.JPG

13zoa3c.jpg

I didn't know king arms made an MRF-M! I thought they only made the MRF and the MRF-MX! Great...now i gotta go hunt for one. Um...or...you could tell me where you found yours ;)

Seems you're right, they do not. Mine is the 10" which would make it an MX. Been a while since I thought about it, still I'll choose to blame the late hour.

HOLY FING RETURN FROM THE DEAD!

Welcome Static..lol.

Not dead, just resting my eyes.

Edited by staticzero
Seems you're right, they do not. Mine is the 10" which would make it an MX. Been a while since I thought about it, still I'll choose to blame the late hour.

NOOOOOO!!!! Shucks...guess i'll have to settle with buying a RS part since no one made a copy of it. Oh well since It's cheaper than the gun then it falls under my "ok to buy" category. :)

BTW...any reason why people like the samson ones over troys?

I believe at one point the samson rails were cheaper.

Scott samson is also a pretty darned nice guy instead of a corporate entity like troy.

Ive exchanged numerous emails with Scott and spoken to him on the phone and he didnt treat me like some sort of sub human primordial ooze when i mentioned i was using his products on airsoft guns.

Me to.. Have been e-mailing ebaybanned to check where it is.. Probably getting it this weekend.

But when I get money.. I would rather buy the Trijicon AccuPoint 1.25-4x24 Amber Triangle.. That is Pr0n :D

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/fd/72/b73d_1.JPG

http://i33.tinypic.com/13zoa3c.jpg

I've been waiting for a replica of that for a while now. I really dig that style...

Speaking of Troy. Has anyone tried the MRF-DI (Drop in)? Seems like an easy affordable way to enhance the look. Plus you could find them used on ar15.com for close to $100.

I believe at one point the samson rails were cheaper.

There's a problem with that though... as of June 26, 2007, Samson Mfg Corp were issued a permanent injunction order to no longer make copies of the Troy Industries Patented Product Line.

http://www.troyind.com/news2007c.html

http://www.troyind.com/news2007a.html

Which is interesting as Samson still has the products listed for sale on their site. :huh:

NOOOOOO!!!! Shucks...guess i'll have to settle with buying a RS part since no one made a copy of it. Oh well since It's cheaper than the gun then it falls under my "ok to buy" category. :)

BTW...any reason why people like the samson ones over troys?

I examined them both before buying my Troy for my RS, basically I went with the Troy because I liked the finish (the Samson was kind of pink/purple in certain light?) and the markings better. Of course it was also partly because I was building a Troy CQB SPC. There was a small price difference in favor of the Samson at the time but that didn't stop me apparently, it must not have been that bad (not sure if that has changed at all).

I was glad KA made their copies though, saved me having to buy another Troy when I made my CQB SPC AEG.