Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it... I'am not stupid ;-)

The outer barrel is 10.5 inch long and the PDI inner barrel is 8.26 inch long, So I want to know if it's not too short, or if I need to buy the PDI 12.8 inch inner and recut it ?

To get the length of the cqb outer barrel you'd need a 250mm-ish inner barrel. How did i figure it out? Measured the distance of no barrel from the tip of the stock one to the opening of the outer barrel. You should really be able to answer your own question.

Finally finished

wam4001.jpg

wam4002.jpg

wam4003.jpg

wam4004.jpg

wam4005.jpg

wam4006.jpg

G&P Sr-16 metal body

G&P TD Pistol Grip

G&P BB hammer Set

G&P 120% Hammer Spring

G&P Steel Sear

G&P M4 Outer Barrel

G&P Recoil Spring and Buffer

RA Bolt Catch

RA Hop Up

RA TB 363

KA MRF-CX Rail

KA Battle Sights

Replica Aimpoint

Installation of Metal Body was a breeze. only problem i had was the upper receiver would wobble. fixed it by shimming, now it is rock solid.

chronoed at 500FPS +/- 3. shoots very straight.

played around with the trigger sear and hammer to reduce trigger pull..trigger pull now is smoother and lighter.

Edited by kuyadlo
To get the length of the cqb outer barrel you'd need a 250mm-ish inner barrel. How did i figure it out? Measured the distance of no barrel from the tip of the stock one to the opening of the outer barrel. You should really be able to answer your own question.

The problem is I'have not receive my WAM4 CQB-R yet, so I can't measuring anything :(

And I want to order all the upgrade parts :D

Does anybody can give the lenght of the stock CQB-R inner barrel ?

I think the PDI CQB-R is too short, but I need a confirmation.

Finally finished

<pics>

I see you went the G&P route. Nice expensive list (cept for the "replica" compm4 he he) but i agree with junior as either the front iron post or a flip front sight for that gap would have been a better choice. Kind of seems like it's missing something...with an extra part. Or you could have bought a RS troy MRF-R for probably another $100 :D I'm just teasing yah but nice to see you did the upgrades on your own without any problems ;)

Does anybody can give the lenght of the stock CQB-R inner barrel ?

210mm is stock but it doesn't go out to the barrel.

I'm still quite new to this weapons and airsoft in general... so I need some more information about the trigger assembly before I rip it out not knowing how to put it back in. If anyone could post a descriptive guide (pictures please?) I and I'm sure many others would greatly appreciate it.

Myself being primarily interested in removing and installing:

Bolt Stop

Hammer/Bearings

Hammer Spring

Sear

*If the above are identical to real steel trigger packs could some one point me in the direction to a guide of this sort?

Equally important to me is knowing what do to and how to install:

One piece barrel (IE: how to remove standard two piece - barrel wrench necessary?)

RA-Tech Hop Up housing (or any other you may know how.)

+ Precision inner barrel

Some of these are most likely self evident after removing the stock pieces however I would much rather know what I'm getting into before I risk my time and this very expensive gun, so I ask those of you that have done so before and know what you are doing to please lend a helping hand.

Hey i'm selling my original plastic WA M4 Body as well as my original WA M4 RIS. Both are in original condition if any body is interested. Thanks

Not sure you can post something like this since you're under post count to post in the for sale section...then again I could be wrong.

When I had the plastic body on mine, the rear pin was too tight. Had to use a punch to get the pin out. I ended up drilling it out with a drill bit and it was smooth after that.

After I installed the G&P metal body I found that it wasn't drilled straight. Had to take the dremel to the upper reciever to get the pin all the way through. No big deal really. Now it does have alittle play/wobble. To be honest with you too, it's just like a real M4 now (since US Army recievers aren't matched.)

Excuse my bad english... :whistling:

I can't find the good word, I want to talk about the part that holding the bolt stop and firing pin.

I Hope 2Roy or Ra-Tech will produce one quality CNC part for replace the stock pot metal one.

This stock part is horrible and waste the receiver. :rifle:

Ibico, do you have some information about that ?

PS : I'have just receive the prime vltor/stag arms receiver, ( yes I'know I'am crazy... :wub: ), Amazing quality, good job Prime

Edited by cobra2
Excuse my bad english... :whistling:

I can't find the good word, I want to talk about the part that holding the bolt stop and firing pin.

I Hope 2Roy or Ra-Tech will produce one quality CNC part for replace the stock pot metal one.

This stock part is horrible and waste the receiver. :rifle:

Ibico, do you have some information about that ?

It is because the bolt stop wobble? I used a shim to make it more stable.

which one are you talking about? RA-Tech's or PDI? you can basically estimated the fps out, I don't think anyone has right now.

RA-Tech's 250mm is about 450fps, 368mm is about 528 fps so basically estimated about 630fps... don't take me for quote but just using those two's info you can judge about the fps roughly