Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GBBNut, I dont remember seeing anything about this previously in the thread and thought an aftermarket bolt stop was a requirement so this is interesting. What mod is needed to the stock one to increase its lifespan?

Anything that reduces the amount of extra parts you need to buy and as such reduces the additional cost has got to be a good thing :)

I'd prefer to let shinhk answer this as he's the one who "discovered" the solution. I firmly believe that credit should go where it's due. Here's his post on GGI:

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.ph...2&t=35#p131

i wonder if you could use a RS spring guide (buffer) because i was planning on buying a RS modstock and the premium kit comes with buffer: http://www.vltor.com/images/ACK-2ST_large.jpg

You can use the real buffer and buffer tube with the WA M4. I prefer to remove the internal weights when I install them but that isn't mandatory.

One more thing; I saw that Redwolf stocks these parts for the WA:

Are these parts simply exact replacements for the stock parts, or do they improve durability, performance, etc.?

Thanks

-G&P Steel Sear Optional (there are very few complaints about the stock WA part)

-Airsoft Surgeon 140% Recoil Set Optional (Personally I don't recommend it. Save your money and buy a real buffer. HINT: It's the EXACT same thing.)

-G&P Hammer Lock Optional (there are very few complaints about the stock WA part)

-PDI Valve Lock Optional (a couple of us are currently testing a variety of replacement valve locks, including no valve lock... stay tuned)

Edited by GBB Nut
I'd prefer to let shinhk answer this as he's the one who "discovered" the solution. I firmly believe that credit should go where it's due. Here's his post on GGI:

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.ph...2&t=35#p131

Actually...i was planning on making a thread on just that. "how to improve the life of your STOCK bolt stop". :D That post is about the bolt stop spring itself. I've taken the stock one out and put in the PGC one, but the stock valve spring cut down and some filing would do the trick as well ;) Still working on one more thing for the bolt stop then i can post it.

Hi,

I have just received 140% buffer spring and buffer from airsoft surgeon, effectively, the spring is very hard, cocking make the M4 like a bolt VSR10.. I think i gonna just keep the buffer and reinstall the original spring.

I have too a POM nozzle, I had to said I'm very unhappy with it, a lot of casting flash are present in the interior and interfere with the original WA internals (it finally have broke the extremity of the nozzle, the 3 faces shaped lug a the extremity.) Be wary of this piece if you don't want to play with sandpaper...

Sorry for my bad english :unsure:

Seb

Edited by carnifex71
i believe ibico installed RS buffer in his

I tried.. It worked. but not to recommend. Probably same as installing 140% airsoft surgeon recoil spring and I can`t see the benefit having this. It would just make more things break.

I do have RS buffer (spring guide) but took out the metal weights inside.

Edited by IBICO
I'm wonder why G&P continue to make fun/very special trademarks on their WA M4 Body...

I can't believe people wait more Zombi killer body than a good old Colt one. :huh: Even the LMT had been released sooner..

Seb

Because funny/very special trademarks don't get you in trouble for copyright laws etc.

for that price, might as well buy a RS upper *around $200 USD*, and custom machine an 80% AR lower. Don't use a real registered lower if you plan on using it on full auto, as you might run into BATFE/ ATF machine gun issues.

check this out

http://www.cncguns.com/projects/ar15lower.html

https://www.vbd.com/noc/shop/

As for buffer springs and bolt catches, anyone try shoehorning real steel ones into the M4?

Edited by DesertFoxRomel

What happened to all the other damn metal bodies that were supposedly coming out? So far the G&P ones have much to be desired, and the Prime and 2roy... well their just ridiculously priced.

I think since the G&P ones may not be moving, they are hesitant on releasing more. Shame that they decided to release ones with such crappy trademarks first.

Guys

This is a more general question, or speculation if you will. What do you think the up coming sales of the Inokatsu and WE rifles will do to the price of the WA?

Does anyone think that the price will drop, especially as the Inokatsu rifle is pretty much the same thing but with "better" materials? Could the WA version become like the TM AEG, not necessaily cheap, but certainly the "Sportsline" of the GBB rifle world?

If its true, and the Inokatsu group has set up some kind of trade agreement with WA, whereby they (WA) get a cut of the unit sales, then it seems strange that people would even consider purchasing the WA in the near future. If such an agreement now is in place, hence the approaching sales, then I can't imagine WA is taking that much of a cut to offset the loss in sales of their M4 unit.

Could we be seeing a slow demise of the WA M4 unit, as sales drop WA decides to stop producing? or can we expect the prices of the WA to go south very very rapidly?

personally, this is just from personal observation from my years in airsoft, WA probably won't lower their prices. 'ive never seen a WA hi capa / infinity get lowered in price due to a threat (ie tm hi capa, and now the meu).

to me, WA competes on a specialty level. their products while not always, are usually prestige and quality pieces and people pay a premium for that um product. they are like collectors pieces. clearly the wam4 was lacking in quite a few departments but that probably is going to change its pricing strategy.

starbucks doesn't cut its price for a cup of coffee because there's a new competitor around the corner, because they don't just sell the product, they sell evrything behind it, the brand name whoring, the experience etc. etc. and for that you pay prem price.

i could be totally wrong, just my pov.

Edited by SDU_Phil