Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry if this has been answer already, I haven't read all of the pages yet, but I wanted to know if there were fully assembled drop-in assemblies. Like a trigger assembly. I'm interested in this gun but the only local airsoft store doesn't do gas gun work, so if i get the gun and it breaks, which seems likely that something will in its stock form, I have very little options for repair and am hoping I could do it myself. I'm not much of a gas gun person, I know very little about them, but AEGs just dont do it for me. I think, based on what I've read so far, I could handle the work that needs to be done to the barrel and hop but its the firing and trigger assembly that Im worried about. Any input?

Thanks

Has it been established yet if a lighter bolt will yield more efficient gas consumption/less cooldown? Most of the aftermarket bolts seem to be made of CNC'ed Steel which has been almost the same weight as the original WA bolt and definitely has more strength... but I wonder how it will compare to the Airsoft Surgeon bolt that's half the weight (although... that has still yet to be released).

Yeah.. with the 50rd mod it might not even be needed with better bolt stop. I believe most worn bolt stop on stock WA might be that the bolt stop don`t engage fully up but go half up.

Off course an improved bolt stop would last longer, but with the 50rd mod the stock bolt stop might last longer

dscf2554ur7.jpg

dscf2556ay1.jpg

Ok, so I have a quick question, I apologize in advance if this has been asked b4, I'm at work at the moment and don't exactly have the whole time to go through all 40pgs. But I was curious how difficult would it be to modify a RS lower receiver to work with a WA or in any case with an Inokatsu GBB? Again my apologies if this has been asked or if it seems a little redundant.

Ok, so I have a quick question, I apologize in advance if this has been asked b4, I'm at work at the moment and don't exactly have the whole time to go through all 40pgs. But I was curious how difficult would it be to modify a RS lower receiver to work with a WA or in any case with an Inokatsu GBB? Again my apologies if this has been asked or if it seems a little redundant.

Modify away....I hope you like dropping the soap in jail.

don't know exactly what your getting at but perhaps you misunderstood my question.

You want to modify a RS lower for Airsoft....ya....the ATF might want to have a word with you. Lets see...its no longer firing the round type its marked for, in addition you just made it a machinegun. It doesn't matter that its only airsoft.

I'm still unsure about the need for a reinforced bolt. Does the standard WA bolt fail when using Green Gas? If not, then what's the benefit of upgrading the bolt? Weight wise, this and the Prime bolt seem to be similar in weight to the WA original. The one bolt that has me most intrigued is the light weight Airsoft Surgeon Bolt (which so far is vaporware). I have still yet to hear how exactly the weight of the bolt affects the performance of the gun.

You want to modify a RS lower for Airsoft....ya....the ATF might want to have a word with you. Lets see...its no longer firing the round type its marked for, in addition you just made it a machinegun. It doesn't matter that its only airsoft.

Well if you register the lower THEN it's illegal otherwise it's modifying it which isn't illegal as it won't be able to EVER use again in a RS counterpart....

Well if you register the lower THEN it's illegal otherwise it's modifying it which isn't illegal as it won't be able to EVER use again in a RS counterpart....

Don't you still have to register the lower in order to purchase it? You have to have a FFL to buy one I seem to recall. Regardless, having a lower, even a modified lower, is starting to venture into a legal gray area that I certainly would avoid. :mellow:

Yup the Lower is the registered part of a AR/M-4, it has the Serial on it, so you can only pick it up from a FFL AFTER they have done the background check.

Trust me, I've built 2 RS ARs in the last couple of months, and bought a fair amount of firearms due to the current Political situation in the states.

I'm still unsure about the need for a reinforced bolt. Does the standard WA bolt fail when using Green Gas? If not, then what's the benefit of upgrading the bolt? Weight wise, this and the Prime bolt seem to be similar in weight to the WA original. The one bolt that has me most intrigued is the light weight Airsoft Surgeon Bolt (which so far is vaporware). I have still yet to hear how exactly the weight of the bolt affects the performance of the gun.

Hello, this is RA-Tech Customer Service, Henry.

If you use stronger gas, your bolt carrier is getting weaker until they become deformed.

Because the bolt carrier would scraping to each other when you were shooting. Then the bolt stop

will lose its function.

That`s why we produce this steel bolt. To endure the stronger gas and make your gun durable. :)

Sincerely,