Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

before shipping and import duties i can get the full length from WGC for 296 quid

will the full length version still be below 350fps on duster?

While I can't say for a 100%, it should still use the same inner barrel. Also it should shoot closer to 280 on duster, mine shoots higher because its got the PDI tightbore of M4 length, which is almost twice the length of what comes with the stock gun.

I have official confirmation from RA TECH that the HopUp Chamber is indeed CNC machined Aluminum:

About your questions, our WA HopUp part is made from Aluminium alloy by CNC cutting, i.e. much more durability than the original one.

Pretty good news! Will let you all know how it is once it gets here.

Haven't purchased the M4 yet, but considering it.

Question regarding this RA TECH hop-chamber, is this assembly inclusive of this hop-up collar that everyone seems to be breaking?

If not, what's the benefit with the hop-chamber replacement? It seems like only the collar is breaking.

The hop-up collar is built into the hop-up chamber. :) So yes this looks like the fix we've all been waiting for.....though I am a tad bit worried how this might affect the air nozzle on the bolt.....but eh :)

Mine should be on its way to me tomorrow.

Apparently Inokatsu is releasing their own GBB M4 with metal body:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...tail?newsID=829

Now this is THE thing I've been waiting for! No need for buying WA M4 plus 90% of it's parts as metal replacement parts. :-)

Gotta be expensive though... I wonder if it will stay under 1000 bucks...? A must buy in any case.

Ability to use CO2 might make a difference here in colder climate.

Edited by Lupus78
Once reinforcement parts are out switch to Propane and never look back.

On another note, I've contact RA Tech and they're shipping me a WA CNC aluminum HopUp Chamber. So sweet. ^_^

Thanks for the tip! I've contacted RA Tech in hopes of getting a hop up chamber for myself.

ive changed my mind , ive been reading about the Inokatsu and have found out that thier body kits for the WA are

gonna be 1000 bucks so god knows how much thier complete rifle will be. i think i'll get the WA next month and the aluminium hop chamber. G&P are also working on a metal body kit but it will be cast unlike the Inokatsu so it should be alot cheaper.

are there any oher parts i will need to replace?

like i said im planning to use it entirely on duster and firing in short bursts.

anyone know a release date for the mags also as every site i visit tells me

theyre only taking pre orders

ive changed my mind , ive been reading about the Inokatsu and have found out that thier body kits for the WA are

gonna be 1000 bucks so god knows how much thier complete rifle will be. i think i'll get the WA next month and the aluminium hop chamber. G&P are also working on a metal body kit but it will be cast unlike the Inokatsu so it should be alot cheaper.

are there any oher parts i will need to replace?

like i said im planning to use it entirely on duster and firing in short bursts.

anyone know a release date for the mags also as every site i visit tells me

theyre only taking pre orders

Boomarms sell them right now(thats where I got my 3 extra). I think dentrinity or uncompany also sells them right now. With the metal hopup...and possibly a new inner barrel you should be good to go for awhile on duster. Possibly even look into the new 140% springs from Airsoft Surgeon. I've got one on order so I'll be seeing what that does for me.

Got a real steel charging handle. TO get it to fit, I had to remove the extrusions on either side of the bar. After that, I had to file off some material from the rear of the upper receiver where the charging handle goes into. My conclusion: stick with the stock charging handle. The reason why I wanted to swap them was because the small pin that holds the lever in the stock charging is too large for aftermarket levers. I wanted to put a Badge Ordnance Gen 1 lever in there.

If I end up sticking with the stock charging handle I'll have to drill a larger hole in the lever for it to work. <_<

In other news, my buddy walked into DENTrinity for me and asked about the WA M4 mags. They said that they didn't have any in stock. When he indicated that DENTrinity listed them as in stock on their website, they went silent. It appears that, the HK shops currently selling the mags are doing so for just online sales which is why there's such a huge mark up. They ended up telling him that the "NEW" mags will arrive in August or September. And by "NEW" they mean the same mags... at a slightly lower price. <_<

*sigh*

Talking to RA Tech, it appears that the HopUp Chamber does NOT include the HopUp Collar... Waiting on a reply as to what benefit having a aluminum HopUp Chamber over a plastic one is when the current plastic one doesn't appear to have issues.

In other news, they are developing more replacement parts for the WA M4 some of which are in testing phase. I mentioned that a huge concern most current owners of the WA M4 is the HopUp Collar and the Bolt Catch. The rep from RA Tech said that they're hoping to have a new Bolt Catch out within 2 months time. I tried to stress the urgency in having those parts out sooner. ;)

So my current list of planned internal upgrades are the following:

* G&P WA M4 Hammer Set

* G&P WA M4 Magazine Valve Lock

* PDI 01 Inner Barrel for WA M4A1 CQB-R (210mm)

* Airsoft Surgeon Western Arms M4 Professional Recoil Set

* RA Tech CNC Machined Aluminum HopUp Chamber

One thing I am curious about is the 140% spring included with the "Airsoft Surgeon Western Arms M4 Professional Recoil Set". How exactly would that effect the gun?