Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still wonder why not just toss the WA and wait another 31 days before Inokatsu' is released? Seriously, unless you like spending time modding it, Inokatsu should be more cost effective

I don't have a WA yet, I'm currently saving up for one. I'm just still trying to figure out what I want to go for at the moment.

Not sure if they'll sell it in two versions. Perhaps it's just a marketing/promo shot?

Both look damned good. Either one would be fine for me. But I'm holding myself from buying it in the beginning, since I'm still thinking of buying the Inokatsu XM177 (co2-version) when it arrives. It could replace my trusty WGC Custom XM177E1. Vietnam-games are summertime games anyway. And in winter any gas guns are pretty useless. I also want an M4A1 (with M203), but I'm still wondering if I should buy Systema PTW or the Inokatsu MTW. I just have to wait comments on MTW's.

I wonder if they produce co2 mags that resemble the modern curved 30-rounders...? The 20-rounder seems perfect for co2 capsules for it's size and small capacity, but the 30rnd mag would look more appropriate on a new M4A1. In XM177 the short mag is just perfect.

The reason I would prefer co2 is that it works a little bit better in colder climate than HFC134a or Green Gas.

Oh yeah? I emailed 2Roy after they first showed the body. They wanted to ship me one.

940 USD. Shipped.

Now that's depressing :P

Don't feel bad. My buddy in Korea says that he hears nothing but bad reviews about the 2Roy one. Personally I'm just going to wait a little longer. Even if the Inokatsu MTW is a huge fail they'll definitely sell the reinforced metal parts (or the China-based factory they use will rebrand them and sell them for cheap).

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...sl=ja&tl=en

New prototype bolt carrier. Around half the weight of the original.

They claim you can get a whole mag worth of BBs now on full Auto!

Very interesting... also on that page is a very detailed review of the Prime hopup chamber for the WA M4. It looks well made but I'm actually glad I went with the RA Tech one. The design allows the opening of the hopup chamber to open wider (albeit ever so slightly) just as the original WA design was meant to do. In theory the RA Tech should jam alot less frequently. In theory... :P Of course Prime has done some great things in the past so I wouldn't put it past them to have factored that bit into their new design.

Ok well after the money I got from my bday today, I'm about 70% to being able to afford the WA. I wish there was more information out on the Inokatsu right now. If they end up selling for $1000 I may just pop for that one instead, if it's full metal.

Or I could save money and get the WA, just run 134a and get a tightbore... Too many choices.

Edited by Pedobear

Yeah, if the Inokatsu really gets out of control money-wise (more than 1k USD), than I guess your solution would be the way to go: WA M4, tight-bore, HFC134A. It would really suck though, because Inokatsu CO2 magazines have some great potential. One CO2 sparklets per mag is soo much cheaper a gaz-bottle for every 10 mags or soo... FFS, GBB rifles are cool, but they're really expensive and fragile...

Edited by Arion

Could you post a link please? I've been on stakeout for informations on Inokatsu's upcoming M4 GBB on various forums, and haven't been able to get anything more than what's already been posted on this thread...

Could you post a link please? I've been on stakeout for informations on Inokatsu's upcoming M4 GBB on various forums, and haven't been able to get anything more than what's already been posted on this thread...

If you could find a link yea that would be great. I've been looking and the only price estimates I've seen have been "close to $1000usd".

Awesome thank you. I really do hope that they end up costing $595, and if they release at the end of this month I'm gonna be all over that :D.

It looks like if you want to use Co2 you're stuck with VN mags, but I prefer that look to the 30 rounders.

God I can't wait.

Edited by Pedobear

FPS UPDATE: First I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Wupjak for getting me in contact with his machinist buddy who did a nice job converting the 6.03mm Prometheus barrel into a 6.03mm WA M4 barrel :punk:

Long story short: Prometheus 6.03mm (267mm) + 0.20g BBs + Green Gas = 420 FPS! 500+ rounds later and no jamming or misfeeding. Again thank you Wupjak, you and your buddy made my day.

In other news: PDI tightbore 6.01mm (324mm) + 0.20g BBs + Green Gas = 480 FPS + lots of jamming problems :( I have a fix and it works ok but I'm not happy about it. My advice: avoid the PDI.

Well it's pretty obvious that I am very happy I got my Prometheus barrel converted. It was rather pricey but for an obsessive tinker like me it was worth it. Of course I must warn everyone that it really is a costly PITA to install a Prometheus barrel. So I do not recommend this to anyone who lacks the necessary experience and hardware to perform extensive modifications to their WA M4.

Edited by GBB Nut
FPS UPDATE: First I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Wupjak for getting me in contact with his machinist buddy who did a nice job converting the 6.03mm Prometheus barrel into a 6.03mm WA M4 barrel :punk:

Long story short: Prometheus 6.03mm (267mm) + 0.20g BBs + Green Gas = 420 FPS! 500+ rounds later and no jamming or misfeeding. Again thank you Wupjak, you and your buddy made my day.

In other news: PDI tightbore 6.01mm (324mm) + 0.20g BBs + Green Gas = 480 FPS + lots of jamming problems :( I have a fix and it works ok but I'm not happy about it. My advice: avoid the PDI.

Well it's pretty obvious that I am very happy I got my Prometheus barrel converted. It was rather pricey but for an obsessive tinker like me it was worth it. Of course I must warn everyone that it really is a costly PITA to install a Prometheus barrel. So I do not recommend this to anyone who lacks the necessary experience and hardware to perform extensive modifications to their WA M4.

Low quality bb?

The actual price information for Inokatsu MTW was from here:

http://www.airsoftmechanics.com/home/

"The first of the series is the M4 SOP MOD0, planned for release at the end of August, with a MSRP of NTD 17,800 (USD $585.62)"

From what I understood from researching the MTW was that you could swap between c02 and regular mags? Or is the c02 gun mechanically different from the GG/Propane gun?

Edited by Pedobear
Low quality bb?

That had partially to do with it but it was easily remedied with better quality BBs. So I had no jams in a controlled environment. The biggest contributor to the jamming issue is the fields I like to play on. They have lots of dirt and dust which gets everywhere. And because there is silicone lube in Green Gas the mags will quickly attract dirt around the seals and feed lips. This is how little particles of dust can find their way into the WA. Sure you can develop OCD, become a clean freak and keep your WA in a sterile, hermetically sealed room. Personally I'd find it difficult to play if I had to baby my equipment like that out in the field. After all I'd rather not have to worry about stuff like this when someone is slinging BBs at me. So while it does work, there will be no PDI 6.01mm inner barrels for this guy.

Edited by GBB Nut