Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been sparing money for other purposes so I haven't bought WA yet, even if I waited it like no other gun before and I'd really like to get a GBB M4. I guess the WA M4 was a little disappointment for me when it came. Too expensive for the quality you get. But the biggest issue for me is that there hasn't been any metal bodies for WA M4 available and no good internal upgrades, until recently. I believe I would use the gun mainly with duster and other lower powered gases, but I would upgrade the internals anyway. Especially the bolt stop, if there were any...

So far what I would by:

- WA M4 CQB-R ($560)

- WA RAS front set ($174)

- PDI 368mm barrel ($102)

- AS recoil set (the buffer part) ($36)

- Inokatsu metal receiver ($295)

- Metal hopup (~$50-60?)

- Steel bolt stop (???)

- AS metal bolt (???)

Total: $1200+ (minimum) Auch!!! (And add 3-4 mags to that...)

So yeah, Inokatsu seems a great deal! If it works with or without some upgrades. If it's a total fail, then I just have to resort to the expensive WA path.

I'll just have to wait and see how this Inokatsu MTW turns out...

Edited by Lupus78

My bet is that the MTW "gas version" is just preassembled WA clone made from the same parts they sell separately for WA M4. And I really hope that the co2 mag is not overpowered. It really sounds stupid(!) to use steel bolt in gas gun, since the gas consumption would be intolerable.

Edited by Lupus78
Is it just me or is the companies making these not ready moving GBB back into primary weapons? Unlike how AEG was introduced these GBB are giving ALOT more problem than the PROs they give.

Depends on your point of view. My(hopefully soon to be sold) M4 works great. Its accurate as a DMR weapon, and played just fine in the CQB matches I used it in. Alot of the AEGs require tinkering and upgrades to make them worth while also. The *problem* I had with them is the craptastic quality of the mags, they really really suck. I shouldn't have to pull the ****er apart after a couple of uses on Duster Gas and reseat seals, or the anti syphon tube.

*shrugs*

I never really had problems with the bolt stop on mine. I might pick one up again later in the year once the bolt carrier groups are release in Alum.

Depends on your point of view. My(hopefully soon to be sold) M4 works great. Its accurate as a DMR weapon, and played just fine in the CQB matches I used it in. Alot of the AEGs require tinkering and upgrades to make them worth while also. The *problem* I had with them is the craptastic quality of the mags, they really really suck. I shouldn't have to pull the ****er apart after a couple of uses on Duster Gas and reseat seals, or the anti syphon tube.

*shrugs*

I never really had problems with the bolt stop on mine. I might pick one up again later in the year once the bolt carrier groups are release in Alum.

true on upgrading parts, but I just can't stand the fact that a reputable Japanese company is selling a product that they knew it would have castratophic problems in hopup and bolt catch. If you compared straight between a good (TM, ICS, STAR, CA) and WA's M4 on durability there's alot more problems on it. I really hopes the WA M4 will become whats like Systema PTW where they do Gen to Gen upgrade/ improvement, Not like PTW's Mags where it got worse.

I've been saving up for nearly two months now. I'll have over 1k euros to dump into Inokatsu's M4 CO2GBB IF the price is indeed around 585 USD. I'll preorder it, I'll gladly be your guinea pig. I'm even selling my VFC HK416 for this (not here however... postcount <_< ). I was originaly going for WA M4 but the prospect of spending 17 euros for a can of gas every 10 mags just messes me up...

I've been saving up for nearly two months now. I'll have over 1k euros to dump into Inokatsu's M4 CO2GBB IF the price is indeed around 585 USD. I'll preorder it, I'll gladly be your guinea pig. I'm even selling my VFC HK416 for this (not here however... postcount <_< ). I was originaly going for WA M4 but the prospect of spending 17 euros for a can of gas every 10 mags just messes me up...

Is PC duster gas or propane not available in France? I only ask because a lot of people these days (myself included) use small propane cans with a fill adapter in place of green gas since the pressure is about the same (just a tiny bit lower) and it costs roughly 1/6th the price of green gas in the US.

Or as an alternative to 134a gas you can use PC duster gas with an adapter. Some PC duster gas actually is 134a, although most is 152a which is pressurized about the same but will give you 10 fps less on average. In either case, most PC duster gas cans cost roughly 1/5th to 1/6th the price of 134a gas made just for airsoft in the US and it works just as well.

So that's just an idea if you decide you'd like to go with a conventional gas powered M4, be it Western Arms or Inokatsu's version. If you can find PC duster gas or small propane canisters than just get an adapter for them and use those instead of the expensive gases made specifically for airsoft.

Both adapters that I spoke of are made by a Canadian company called Airsoft Innovations ( http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/ ) and should be very inexpensive to buy and have shipped to France.

They're worth much more than their weight in gold, since I got a set of adapters and use them for a while I'll never go back to green gas and 134a gas made specifically for airsoft ever again. The stuff is just way too expensive when you can use a different safe and easier to find gas that works just the same in your guns with these little adapters ^_^

Edited by Jin15

Jin51, thanks! Gas has always been kind of a mystery for me. I've always stuck to aftermarket CyberCr*p, oops, CyberGun (sorry :rolleyes: ) airsoft gas, or green gas. I didn't know adapters could be found so easily. Well I might think about it then but it really depends on how easily can I find propane gas cans in France (I just googled it quickly, seems tough, the smallest format is something like 35 kg!) . One last thing though, doesn't propane dry up GBB internals real quick?

Jin51, thanks! Gas has always been kind of a mystery for me. I've always stuck to aftermarket CyberCr*p, oops, CyberGun (sorry :rolleyes: ) airsoft gas, or green gas. I didn't know adapters could be found so easily. Well I might think about it then but it really depends on how easily can I find propane gas cans in France (I just googled it quickly, seems tough, the smallest format is something like 35 kg!) . One last thing though, doesn't propane dry up GBB internals real quick?

Airsoft innovation sells oil, i'm waiting for my adapter.

Edited by kimkafwan

Kimkafwan, where do you find your propane in France?

By the way Jin15, all the cans of propane I can find claim to have a mix of butane/propane inside them... is that a no-go?5

Edited by Arion

Well, 10 mags per bottle sounds barely ok for me. Gasguzzler yeah, but tolerable. Somewhere someone mentioned only 4 mags per bottle of duster and that would suck bad time. Hope that's not the case. I generally use Cybergun APS3 (750ml) for my pistols which costs around 18 euros. I wonder how far that could take...?

I have read a lot of different opinions about the WA magazines. Many complain that they leak a lot, some say it's easily fixed and some say that with HFC134a they rarely leak. But when they leak, where do they leak and are they easy to fix? For example in my Maruzen MP5K mags leaked from the bottom plate o-rings (dried up), which is easy to fix with some o-ring grease (thick stuff that fills any cracks etc).

First off, im happy to finally see a good discusion about this rifle, many thanks to Wupjak for starting this. I ordered this rifle and it should be coming today :D . After reading this thread, I already ordered some upgrades, RA hammer and Hop up. Should have ordered the RA inner barrel too but need more funds first :( . Looking forward to a good install guide for the RA Hop Up.

First off, im happy to finally see a good discusion about this rifle, many thanks to Wupjak for starting this. I ordered this rifle and it should be coming today :D . After reading this thread, I already ordered some upgrades, RA hammer and Hop up. Should have ordered the RA inner barrel too but need more funds first :( . Looking forward to a good install guide for the RA Hop Up.

ra hop up

http://www.wam4.com.tw/

I've searched a bit and I'm coming up empty on if this idea I have will work or not...

Has anyone tried installing an airsoft spec (I.E. Marui compatible) free float rail system on a WA M4? I'm pondering the idea of doing a JP Rifle build around a WA M4 but I have no idea if airsoft spec free float rails would fit. Obviously it's unlikely that I'd ever have a correct JP Rifle Works receiver to complete it, but I am pretty fond of Madbull's version of their free float front kits and I'm wondering if I could fit one on a WA M4?

I know it was mentioned in the first review in this thread that you could fit a real steel barrel nut with the addition of an o-ring spacer but I cant find any info on fitting airsoft spec ones.

Anyone with a WA M4 tried anything like this?

Has anyone with leaky mags tried to disassemble the mag and tried to fix it like this?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=190

I don't fix my mags quite like that but regardless I highly recommend getting your mags resealed. It'll get rid of most of the leaky mag issues. Mine happily consume propane/green gas now.

Has anyone tried installing an airsoft spec (I.E. Marui compatible) free float rail system on a WA M4?

Tried it and it won't work unless the replica FF rail can clamp over the existing barrel nut (or you are brave enough to rethread the plastic WA upper receiver). Most airsoft spec barrel nuts are not threaded the same as the WA M4.

I don't fix my mags quite like that but regardless I highly recommend getting your mags resealed. It'll get rid of most of the leaky mag issues. Mine happily consume propane/green gas now.

What method of seal fix do you use on your mags?

Tried it and it won't work unless the replica FF rail can clamp over the existing barrel nut (or you are brave enough to rethread the plastic WA upper receiver). Most airsoft spec barrel nuts are not threaded the same as the WA M4.

the WA barrel nut got real steel threads?

I have King arms TROY RAIL and REAL STEEL VLTOR, king arms AEG barrel nut is perfect fit to real steel vltor receiver .and upper King arms rail too (but only upper rail)

funny is Real steel upper didnt match PTW lower and even PTW Cylinder unit cant put in real steel upper. its need big modfication. LOL

i need test Real steel fit to wa m4, but i dont have wa m4 yet,our local shop selling wa m4 as $860USD (hard to choice at this time, waiting inokatsu)

anyone tried real steel parts fit to wam4?

p.s: where is real steel thread?

Edited by lee1hy