Western Arms M4 CQB-R

I definitely agree with everyone else. Players who purchase a WA M4 must be prepared to devote a great deal of time and money into their fancy new toy. For those that dare to use Green Gas - do not expect this to be a hassle free experience. And while it can be made "skirmishable" (is that even a word?) I do not recommend this for highly competitive players who are going up against upgraded AEGs. Instead, the WA M4 is best used as a training tool in place of a real rifle.

Long story short: if you want to go out and play, save up and get a PTW. You'll end up spending about the same amount of money on it.

shinhk - You are a braver man than I. ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I wasn't the one who asked about it, thanks for the advice and tips everyone... I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice or if I should have just bought a KWA M4 and saved a lot of money :lol: (<--- very nerveous laugh).

I suppose I'll find out in a few days though when I get Poison's in the mail. I'll stick with duster gas until it gets cold (which won't be very long, since half the year is winter here in MN) and hope for the best, but if I find out it's just not for me at least these rifles and mags keep their resale value pretty well.

Fortunately Poison's done the overwhelming majority of the work needed already, all that's really left for me to do is get a G&P steel bolt catch (why isn't it out yet!?) and a few cosmetic accessories to my liking.

Still pretty nervous about the whole venture though... I'll be keepin' my fingers crossed that this turns out to be more than a plinker, since I really want to use it as my primary skirmishing weapon.

GBB nut - It's not a matter of bravery...It's a matter of craziness! Plus i figured if I -fruitpied- it up metal bodies are being made so someone will have stock plastic bodies for sale (i'm a plastic body man!) Also...I REALLY wanted to build my next project around this system.

jin - nah...I don't think you made a mistake. You'll love it once you get it. Have you ever read ANYWHERE that someone who got it didn't like it? Heck if i was poison and building a rs larue ;) I wouldn't bother with the wam4 either. But...i like to be able to pull the trigger w/o worry (i like to play around with my guns) so i think a rs ar-15 in my hand is a little dangerous. However, this wam4 gets me the whole rs experience w/o the killing "*bang* whoops sorry" factor! :)

Most of the people who buy the wam4 already have an AEG and from the looks of it have a RS with "spare" parts. I myself have 3 other skirmish ready AEGs (all project guns) and after working with something like this i'm not going to be building around any more AEG systems. Forgot this was a review so in my eyes, even running with HFC (300 w/.2's on abbey 134a) it shoots pretty damn far with .3's considering how "weak" it is. After successfully putting on an RIS from King Arms it made me love Western Arms for bringing this thing out even more! It's everything I could have wanted in an airsoft gun (NOTE...skirmishing is second to building for me)

Anyone found out if this shoot higher fps when using heavy bb`s?? I have heard about gas snipers that have higher fps when using heavier bb`s.. So chroning 550fps on 0.20 he might do 560 or more when using 0.25 or more.

Anyone found out if this shoot higher fps when using heavy bb`s?? I have heard about gas snipers that have higher fps when using heavier bb`s.. So chroning 550fps on 0.20 he might do 560 or more when using 0.25 or more.

Nope doesn't work like that. Trust me, it shoots very far and very accurate with .25g and GG/Propane. The few games I did play outdoors with this....were very interesting. This is a rifle is perfect as a DMR/SPR build.

And since I kept talking about the RS I was building....here it is...going out to the range to dial it in for 100 yards today.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

I'll be taking home some competition awards with this baby very soon :)

... Why man? Why did you have to post a pic of that thing? ... *Checks wallet, wonders if wife will murder me if I stop at the gun shop on the way home from work*

Has anyone installed one of the Metal bodies yet? I'd love to hear some comments on fit and finishing as well as any effects on performance (on GBBs I've noticed full metal guns have a tendancy to be more adversly effected by cool down and cold weatherl... perhaps the bodies enhance the cool down because of the bodies conductive qualities?).

Edited by Jimisin73
... Why man? Why did you have to post a pic of that thing? ... *Checks wallet, wonders if wife will murder me if I stop at the gun shop on the way home from work*

Has anyone installed one of the Metal bodies yet? I'd love to hear some comments on fit and finishing as well as any effects on performance (on GBBs I've noticed full metal guns have a tendancy to be more adversly effected by cool down and cold weatherl... perhaps the bodies enhance the cool down because of the bodies conductive qualities?).

lol....well lets just say minus the scope that thing was within a few hundred bucks of what my WA M4 cost me with the 3 additional mags it had.

I was hoping to get my G&P metal body by this weekend, but it looks like I will not get it till next week. Once I get it im hoping to work on it right away and give a test report.

Prime already announced this a while back. I am interested in seeing what they come up with and more importantly what the price tag will read. Personally I'm not going to be sinking any funds into a metal receiver until there's some more information out there. Besides after I looked at poison123's new piece I think I may have to buy another toy. :D

As a side note, I've finally got one of their WA M4 hopup chambers. Overall build quality is good as expected. Though we'll see how their design compares to the RA-Tech's performance using green gas...

Edited by GBB Nut

It's me again trying to search good "Receiver Extention" (or Pipe, whatever.). I found one in Intruder Shop (WGC sell it with MUCH BETTER price!):

AR-15/M4 New Style Carbine Stock for real (Black)

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_produc...product=447#top

Will IT fir WA M4A1? =)

m4a1dy7.png

P.S. Bonus: http://www.bushmaster.com/anatomy_bushmaster.asp

Edited by rusTORK
It's me again trying to search good "Receiver Extention" (or Pipe, whatever.). I found one in Intruder Shop (WGC sell it with MUCH BETTER price!):

AR-15/M4 New Style Carbine Stock for real (Black)

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_produc...product=447#top

Will IT fir WA M4A1? =)

uhm.. 120$??.. jeez man. That is probably twice of what it would cost for that in a real shop. It does look like the real thing that you need to custom cut with some adapters for aeg.

But why?.. Just buy the ordinary one at www.floridagunworks.com .. They ship worldwide and have some stock for the M4.. (if you want the ordinary one or old style)

uhm.. 120$??.. jeez man. That is probably twice of what it would cost for that in a real shop. It does look like the real thing that you need to custom cut with some adapters for aeg.

$96 on WGC. Main thing - compatibility.

But why?.. Just buy the ordinary one at www.floridagunworks.com .. They ship worldwide and have some stock for the M4.. (if you want the ordinary one or old style)

Don't work with www.floridagunworks.com. They don't anwer on E-mails.

But... maybe wait for Inokatsu... I saw stocks on their pictures.

Update: Omg, from inokatsu - $133... %)

Edited by rusTORK

wow lee1hy you translate can engrish!

ACTUAL translation:

August WAM4 MUR-1 upper and lower set

August WAM4 NOVESKE MUR-1 upper and lower

October WAM4 LMT 10.5 upper and lower with outer ("outer" could be barrel or foregrip)

October WAM4 LMT 14.5 upper and lower with outer

October PTW LMT 10.5 upper and lower with "Fe" outer (not sure what Fe is...probably the way it's made but they don't reference it)

October PTW LMT 14.5 upper and lower with "Fe" outer

October WAM4/PTW LMT 10.5 upper and "Fe" outer

October WAM4/PTW LMT 14.5 upper and "Fe" outer

September WAM4/PTW/Marui Voltor VIS-1 upper and outer set (aluminum CNC)

Noveske Versions of barrels:

September WAM4/PTW/Marui NOVESKE Diplomat 7.5 SUS barrel

September WAM4/PTW/Marui NOVESKE Diplomat 7.5 aluminum barrel

August WAM4 MUR-1 upper and lower set

August WAM4 NOVESKE MUR-1 upper and lower

October WAM4 LMT 10.5 upper and lower with outer ("outer" could be barrel or foregrip)

October WAM4 LMT 14.5 upper and lower with outer

October WAM4/PTW LMT 10.5 upper and "Fe" outer

October WAM4/PTW LMT 14.5 upper and "Fe" outer

September WAM4/PTW/Marui Voltor VIS-1 upper and outer set (aluminum CNC)

Noveske Versions of barrels:

September WAM4/PTW/Marui NOVESKE Diplomat 7.5 SUS barrel

September WAM4/PTW/Marui NOVESKE Diplomat 7.5 aluminum barrel

Lots of stuff...

I guess "Fe" mean "Ferrum".

Edited by rusTORK
WTF, whats going on with the bolt stops? Just thought they would be availible by now <_<

I'm guessing shipments have been delayed a bit due to the typhoon passing through Hong Kong yesterday. I'd expect to see em' in within the next few days though ^_^

Nice to hear that Prime are producing some Tier 1 uppers, I'm hoping for a 416 upper reciever somewhere down the line :)

416... ooh.. Then I could die and go to heaven :D

If there is coming a 416, then I really would have to get two WA

The only problem I see with a 416 upper or any type of rail system with a 1 piece design is that you won't have access to the hop up adjustment collar. That's the problem i have now with my ris. I have to take off the rail to adjust hop-up. However all i did was adjust the hop-up to my liking, tape it with electrical tape so it doesn't move, then put the rail back on. I don't plan on using diff weights of ammo so this is a sacrifice i'm willing to make. Don't get me wrong...i'd love to see a 416 body as well (note my name). :)