Western Arms M4 CQB-R

The gun shoots maybe 1 BB ok then the rest dribble out. How many O-Rings did you put in..... I'm all confused... I ended up only using 2 to hold the Hop-Up Adjustment Knob in Place and the Barrel spacer. I'm assuming the first notch on the inner barrel (loading end) is for the hop up to seat on. I didn't put in the r-ring on the end of the hop-up bucking.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so you didn't put the o-ring around the hopbucking? that NEEDS to be there to prevent the bb's from spitting out. look at IBICO's picture on the page before and you'll see where it's supposed to go. the big o-ring is the hop-up knob holder, one small one is for the barrel spacer, and the other small one is for the hop bucking tip (entrance side)

i installed it on mine...and it works. and you do need that spring and you don't need to use all 3 o-rings. what's "not working properly"?

nickthebrick - my marui stock fits fine on the wam4...so you should be fine with the airsoft version of the CTR stock.

Awesome, is there anybody else that can confirm it? I found one for 65 shipped and would love to get this stock on my gun but don't want to buy it if it won't fit.

Ok Prime hop up unit still not working..... i'm about to throw it across the room.

Also the G&P Steel bolt.... yeah broke...

[/img]

Jeeezz.. Hope the ra-tech is better.. I get mine next week.

What gas did you use and what temperature outside?

Any other upgrades?

Edited by IBICO

No upgrades, used propane, indoors around 76 deg F.

Looks like I might have gotten a deffective unit cause the weld looks like it broke and was never complete. I e-mail airsoftglobal to see if they'll send me a replacement. Also I finally got the prime hop-up unit to work but now I have to find that stupid spring...

USMCO said the RA tech looks like it's 1 piece so it might be better. WARNING there is also another tiny spring in the unit you have to remove to install the Steel Bolt Catch. It goes flying when you pull out the unit. Be careful! it's even smaller then the Hop Up unit one.

We need to make a knowledge base for all these Tips and Warning. How to disasemble the 3 piece barrel and all the tiny little springs. I found two rubber pieces in the upper that aren't listed in the manual. It looks like they are a rubber bumper and o-ring that dampens the impact of the cocking handle and the front of the upper.

Edited by neubine

Update.... Re-installed the stock steel bolt stop, gonna get a RA one. Another random piece broke, nothing serious, the latch on the dust cover. But wonder why all these random parts are breakin on my gun. It look like the pot metal was sheared off on one of the pieces. Good news! Inside was a spring I could use for my hop-up! Wooooot! Gun shoot good now. Gonna wait till morning to check the hop-up and accuracy.

Also I noted that the bottom of my lodaing nozzle is showing wear. Looks like it got deformed by a double loaded BB. Jams and misfeeds seem to be the deal call of this gun.

ratech I saw on your website that you have the hammer with bearing, inner barrel and the steel bolt stop. Can we order all those now? Or do you have a release date?

Edited by neubine
ratech I saw on your website that you have the hammer with bearing, inner barrel and the steel bolt stop. Can we order all those now? Or do you have a release date?

It is just to order.. I ordered some parts earlier from them. Respond very good on e-mails also :D .. so very happy with them.

Need help with math

If I have the G&P short type outer barrel... and getting the M4 inner barrel from Ra-tech. Could anyone measure the lenght of the original WA inner so I could check how long the silencer need to be so I would cover the inner barrel?

Don`t want to disassemble the whole gun again to measure..

Edited by IBICO

You can order RA products direct through e-mail . RA hammer.inner barrel is on stocks now,but the bolt stop is sell out, Just in the manufacturing next will be arrive.so anyone in this forum had order already , we are appreciate and thank your Patience.

Have you just done teflon upgrades on the magazine? Do you have any other upgrades to make it run on RED

not yet,in fact even use green gas may be also Leak air ,i think the problem should be too much part to Constitute ,hope have anoher brand cheap and simple magazine that will be nice.

I thought any talks of FPS over the limit was forbidden on this board. In any case I'll tell you with propane and the cqb-r (210mm) the gun already shoots close to that limit. So 500mm and a tighter inner barrel will put you way over. Also Co2 mags won't be out till probably the Inokatsu all metal version is out.

Also tried installing the PRIME hopup chamber. So far I'm not liking it either but I'm still going to do a few more tests to see if it works out. One thing I noticed when I removed the RA Tech hopup to install the PRIME one is that the opening where the BBs enter is bent/flared out slightly. I'll try to snap a few pics.

Also tried installing the PRIME hopup chamber. So far I'm not liking it either but I'm still going to do a few more tests to see if it works out. One thing I noticed when I removed the RA Tech hopup to install the PRIME one is that the opening where the BBs enter is bent/flared out slightly. I'll try to snap a few pics.

Yeah the hardest part was installing the o-ring that goes around the feeding end of the hop-up unit. I had to do some ninja three handed techniques to get that thing in there. Everything after that was easy, except for the dammed hop-up spring...

we'll see how it is. i have another wam4 coming in hopefully on tuesday that'll have the ratech hopup unit. So far i like the prime one, but i haven't bought anything from ratech yet. G&P bolt stop is inbound for my current m4 build. This will be the test for me on which one holds out better. However...i only run on 134. If i can get it shooting at least 350-360ish with 134 then i'm fine with that.

we'll see how it is. i have another wam4 coming in hopefully on tuesday that'll have the ratech hopup unit. So far i like the prime one, but i haven't bought anything from ratech yet. G&P bolt stop is inbound for my current m4 build. This will be the test for me on which one holds out better. However...i only run on 134. If i can get it shooting at least 350-360ish with 134 then i'm fine with that.

My 368mm Barrel shot around 400 if I remember correctly on Propane. A 500mm would probably push you into the 500's.

If anyone loose the hopup spring.. Then the spring on the far right would fit. It is a bit stronger then the original but since I am going to use 0.28 bb`s then no problem. It makes the 0.25 go upward after maybe 10-12 meters now on minimum hopup.

Also the other spring.. second to right would fit as a valve lock spring on the magazine

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...ystema%20spring

zs-07-10.jpg

Edited by IBICO

Hey Poison 123 do you know how many fps the gun shoots on 134a gas with a 368mm pdi barrel (or anyone else for that matter).

I love this idea of this gun. And in hong kong I don't need to worry about cold weather for much of the year, my main worry would be that the gun shoots too hard because its too hot!