Western Arms M4 CQB-R

nick - there's actually a thread about it in the news section. it's not gonna be compatible with the wam4. it's no clone.

okay...i got the pgc hop up unit installed in my gun with a 368 6.05 pdi AEG type inner barrel inside a g&p m4 length outer barrel.

Pros:

-any aeg barrel will do and with the amounts and varieties that are out there possibilities/lengths are endless

-the rubber "hop bucking" is doubled as the feeding tube rather than the plastic piece that everyone breaks (rubber >duh< flexes)

-the amount of hop you want to put on it is literally the 360 degrees that redwolf claims it to have and there's no spring needed (there's a guide rail)

-did i mention any aeg barrel?

Cons:

-sanding required on the hop unit itself. It's just a tad too thick and doesn't want to fit. Just gotta sand the outsides (but be careful not to sand off the alignment notch that sticks out)

-stock outer barrel will NOT work with this without modification partially because the inner barrel of an AEG has a larger outside diameter than the smallest part of the barrel

-368 barrel sticks out about 1cm from the tip without a flash hider. So those of you wondering about how flush it will be...give it 10mm extra in length compared to how it would be in an AEG.

I can't say how it shoots yet...haven't set up my chrono but i can tell you this...i'm running it on a broken nozzle and it's shooting pretty darn hard. Depending on how badly your nozzle is "broken", it CAN still work. I'll take pictures and chrono it when i have time.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pros:

-the rubber "hop bucking" is doubled as the feeding tube rather than the plastic piece that everyone breaks (rubber >duh< flexes)

What do you think the chances are that the nozzle (or a BB) could damage the exposed hop bucking?

Cons:

-sanding required on the hop unit itself. It's just a tad too thick and doesn't want to fit. Just gotta sand the outsides (but be careful not to sand off the alignment notch that sticks out)

Did you have to sand it to fit into the outer barrel or the upper? Or both?

shinhk - Once again thanks for the info.

nick - there's actually a thread about it in the news section. it's not gonna be compatible with the wam4. it's no clone.

okay...i got the pgc hop up unit installed in my gun with a 368 6.05 pdi AEG type inner barrel inside a g&p m4 length outer barrel.

Pros:

-any aeg barrel will do and with the amounts and varieties that are out there possibilities/lengths are endless

-the amount of hop you want to put on it is literally the 360 degrees that redwolf claims it to have and there's no spring needed (there's a guide rail)

-did i mention any aeg barrel?

Cons:

-stock outer barrel will NOT work with this without modification partially because the inner barrel of an AEG has a larger outside diameter than the smallest part of the barrel

-368 barrel sticks out about 1cm from the tip without a flash hider. So those of you wondering about how flush it will be...give it 10mm extra in length compared to how it would be in an AEG.

I can't say how it shoots yet...haven't set up my chrono but i can tell you this...i'm running it on a broken nozzle and it's shooting pretty darn hard. Depending on how badly your nozzle is "broken", it CAN still work. I'll take pictures and chrono it when i have time.

Good to know, I'm glad it isn't compatible, it will probably fizzle out fast. Just hope it isn't too cheap, I don't wanna see a bunch of kids running around with these guns thinking they compare to the WA m4. WE makes junk. thanks for the info

What do you think the chances are that the nozzle (or a BB) could damage the exposed hop bucking?

Did you have to sand it to fit into the outer barrel or the upper? Or both?

Quite honestly i don't think it could damage it. The chances of it being damaged are as good as those metal replacement ones getting damaged. the walls to the entrance are a little under 2mm thick and the opening gives plenty play for a bb to enter. it is flared so even more so it has an easier chance of entering the chamber nicely. i'll take pics of that as well. I had to sand both sides to make it fit snuggly in both the outer barrel and the uppper. i still have to tape the tip of the barrel to give it a cushion since there's no place for the o-ring to sit. hmm...that gives me an idea :)

Anyone that could find the fault on this receiver? ;)

Constructed by CNC, this upper & lower reciever set is complately made out of aluminum. The smooth lines on the body is aesthetically pleasing on the eyes as well as exquisitely smooth to the touch. It features realistic trademarks and a unique serial number engraved into the body.

Thi1s Upper & Lower reciever set has been modified to allow Semi-Auto fire only.

Product Code WAM4-005-AS

Price (USD) $533.00

WAM4-005-AS_L.jpg

Safe/Fire on one side, Safe/Fire/Auto on the other....

WTF, semi auto only?! That bites.

It would actually be perfect for me.. and probably for Germany. But what suck is the Auto on the other side.. If this is trued I would not even consider it. But if it is only safe/semi that would be perfect for my semi-sniper platform since in Norway we got a rule that everything over 350fps should be semi only..

The perfect would be a Magpul body :D

Edited by IBICO
It would actually be perfect for me.. and probably for Germany. But what suck is the Auto on the other side.. If this is trued I would not even consider it. But if it is only safe/semi that would be perfect for my semi-sniper platform since in Norway we got a rule that everything over 350fps should be semi only..

The perfect would be a Magpul body :D

Those are two different lowers. One is a Stag, the other is a VLTOR. *cough* its easy to modify that stag to shoot F/A though.

So Prime pulled off "unique/exquisite/aesthetic/realistic", but couldn't make the selector switch markings the same on both sides of the receiver.

:mellow:

Yes Redwolf, I'd be more than happy to throw down the cost of another M4 to purchase such a receiver!

After around 1500rd the bolt stop is not much worn. What is starting to get worn is the valve lock on my test mag that I have used for all my testing at home.

Also the bolt seems a bit worn and not sure how much this would effect the bolt stop after maybe 3-4K shots.

The original bolt stop got a different metal where it stop the bolt. I just noticed this on the photo since the flash made it have a different color.

I also noticed now when cleaning it (which seems to be necessary after maybe each game) that the bolt and feeding nozzle (the one inside the bolt) started to get more sticky of all the silicon that is in the gas.

So it might be necessary to take it out and give it a clean now and then.

I have always used Green gas on this one. Could not notice any parts starting to fail and it cycle very good. I have used the RS buffer on the recoil spring without any trouble. It might help "slam" the bolt in the hopup house to get a good seal for each shot.

dscf2085hv5.jpg

dscf2084zj4.jpg

Well look at these pictures of the VLTOR VIS off VLTOR's website:

http://www.vltor.com/vis.htm

It uses a Stagarms/VLTOR lower receiver too...

EDIT: It may be a special production run tyhat Stagarms does for Vltor. Kinda like Magpul and Larue, or Larue and Troy.

Edited by junior
Well look at these pictures off the VLTOR VIS off VLTOR's website:

http://www.vltor.com/vis.htm

It uses a Stagarms/VLTOR lower receiver too...

Maybe that is for civilians..

now when they made one for semi-auto only.. I really start wonder how I could make it BURST..

Guess I have to find out how they do on the real AR.

Maybe that is for civilians..

now when they made one for semi-auto only.. I really start wonder how I could make it BURST..

Couple of ways to make a safe/semi AR into F/A. First thing depends on whether your lower is a High Shelf or Low Shelf. Next it depends on whether you have a DIAS or a Lightening link........

Couple of ways to make a safe/semi AR into F/A. First thing depends on whether your lower is a High Shelf or Low Shelf. Next it depends on whether you have a DIAS or a Lightening link........

uhm.. English please?

I did google a bit. But most where from US people afraid of the legal issue about it on real guns.. Would be nice to have since G&P have a BURST body..

wp02.jpg

uhm.. English please?

I think he was referring to something like this: http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/lightninglink.html

Article explains it pretty well...

Edited by junior
I think he was referring to something like this: http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/lightninglink.html

Article explains it pretty well...

Yup. Sorry left it little vague on purpose. I know for a fact you can't OWN a DIAS and a AR15 together, you go to prison for a long time when the ATF comes to get you.

I *think* to make it burstable requires a certain type of trigger/sear/hammer combination. So I'm not sure how well that would translate into Airsoft. One of the things that kinda worries me on the GBB M4 stuff, is its pretty damn close in design to RS that even though it could never shoot a real round, it treads on fairly dangerous legal ground with the 1986 ban on machine guns...... *shrugs*

uhm.. English please?

I did google a bit. But most where from US people afraid of the legal issue about it on real guns.. Would be nice to have since G&P have a BURST body..

wp02.jpg

So people in the US are afraid of having the markings of F/A, Burst on their receivers? I kinda find that funny :)

My RS setup has F/A markings on it...granted its High Shelf...so I'd have to drill it out if I ever wanted to drop in any fun toys :)