Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was actually looking at getting those bolts to see if it might work with the bolt stop function. It's the spring guide part that i think makes it a "speed" bolt. Seems like the spring won't be able to compress as much so it won't go back enough to use the bolt stop. I dunno though i could be wrong. However...thanks to the pics from wgc it seems like it has that harder metal tip on the bolt FOR the bolt stop. Maybe you can still use the bolt itself with the bolt stop function. Sure looks like the design is the same. I might try one out if they still have it next month. If it doesn't work at least i'll have an option to have a "speed gun" in rifle form :) Would actually be kind of cool for target shooting. Hmmmm..........yeah i'm gonna get it. hahaha!

not sure if it is good to use with the bolt stop on that fast bolt. wgcshop state:

NOTE: This product is design to operate WITHOUT Bolt-Stop Function, improper usage may cause damage.

They also say only use 134 in the wam4 as well. I'll be the one to "try it out" then ;) I don't mind having a speed bolt if it ups the cycle on 134 too. After using green, the 134 feels laggy. If it doesn't work with the bolt stop or it feels too brittle to use with it then i'll just use it for target shooting and switch to the other bolt when skirmishing or need the bolt stop function.

Edited by shinhk

"Three Gun/IDPA" style WA M4? Interesting idea but certainly not my cup of tea.

As a side note: once I get the 2Roy POM nozzle I'll be able to install the PRIME bolt carrier. Should be getting that in a week or so. Hopefully these two parts are all they're hyped up to be. Especially considering the price.

It'll take a pass on the "High Speed Bolt" Part of the reason why I like this gun is the bolt locking back after an empty mag. I wonder if the cheaper mags can be modified to work like standard mags for under the price.

And that's why i'll have one bolt that locks back, and one bolt that has a speedy reaction for just some quick snapping fun! i wonder if you buy the cheaper mags and buy that prowin magazine pusher upper thing if that'll work. Seems like that's the only thing you really need. Still though...$75 mags plus maybe a $15 part is still $90. A little cheaper and maybe even more reliable. I say maybe $15 since i haven't seen it out yet. I really think that bolt is built to lock back given the proper parts. Only one way to really find out! ;)

And that's why i'll have one bolt that locks back, and one bolt that has a speedy reaction for just some quick snapping fun! i wonder if you buy the cheaper mags and buy that prowin magazine pusher upper thing if that'll work. Seems like that's the only thing you really need. Still though...$75 mags plus maybe a $15 part is still $90. A little cheaper and maybe even more reliable. I say maybe $15 since i haven't seen it out yet. I really think that bolt is built to lock back given the proper parts. Only one way to really find out! ;)

The mag looks the same. As far as I can tell it's just missing the little bent wire lever and uses a different BB follower.

That bolt carrier really does look like the original. The only real difference seems to be the color. You can see the metal rod reinforcement insert where the bolt carrier contacts the bolt stop. Might be worth getting one just to confirm this.

Hi,

Can you help me, I'am looking for a new Hop-Up unit, and I don't know what's the best beteween Ra-Tech, 2 Roy, and Prime.

So can you help me to choose the best one ?

Not sure if anyone have them all to compare.

But what I could see..

Prime need modification to the outer barrel (if you use the stock one) but let`s you use original aeg barrel.

RA-tech is drop in and looks nice. (I am using that one) and the service from them is super.. It got two set screws to hold the barrel straight. Actually very nice since you could mini adjust the inner barrel.

2 Roy come in a 3 piece construction. Not sure if anyone have bought this one.

Quick correction:

PGC Prime need modification to the outer barrel (if you use the stock one) but let`s you use original aeg barrel.

- PGC can use the original AEG barrel and requires some slight modification to fit either the stock WA outer barrel or the G&P outer barrel.

- Prime needs no modification but is kind of a pain to get assembled correctly. Irritating, not impossible. This is balanced by it's excellent construction.

- RA Tech is very easy to install and easy to purchase. Requires no modification. Just remember not to screw both pieces together tightly. Leave a slight gap between the two halves to avoid jamming/malfunctions.

The only one I don't own currently and haven't personally installed is the PGC. However I will be getting it next week. The info I posted is paraphrased from shinhk. He can elaborate on the modifications necessary to successfully install the PGC hopup chamber.

Quick correction:

- PGC can use the original AEG barrel and requires some slight modification to fit either the stock WA outer barrel or the G&P outer barrel.

hehe.. I stand corrected. Not easy to remember all those different brands that make stuff for the WA. ;)

So far I am very pleased with my Ra-tech one.. Don`t regret a second for buying that one. I cut 2-3 rings of my spring that I used from the aeg spring kit and now I get a good float with my 0.27 on minimum hopup. (using the 6.04 M4 inner from Ra-tech)

Now I just have to fix those pesky magz so they are not leaking from the valve.

Edited by IBICO

you buy it direct from RA. http://www.ratech.com.tw/

I've used and have the following:

Prime - fits fine...the o-ring is just a little bi+ch to put in but once you get it it works great. it also comes with one of those small o-rings in case you lost the one after the nozzle tip thingy broke.

RA-Tech - it's flared at the tip so it can sometimes give your nozzle a tight fit but it's designed like the original hop-up. For some reason it never really worked for me, and at times the bolt would be stuck probably due to the fact that it was tightened all the way.

PGC - this is plastic but the feeding ramp that goes around the nozzle is rubber so less chance of something "snapping" off like the stock one. normal AEG barrels are great because it gives you better tuning capabilities if you're going for fps. Diff barrel lengths and sizes make this one a great plus in my book.

I'm actually going to range test the PGC with the pdi 6.05 368 inner and the Prime with the pdi 6.01 368mm. The RA-tech one i'm not currently using right now but i'm not saying it's junk. ;)

This is very true lol

Just wait until they release clones. Think about all the aftermarket varieties then... :blink:

just think about how bad it would be to make the parts working together.. :nosleep: Usually with the chinese stuff is that it might be ok for itself.. but trying to match it together with some other branded parts.. then you`re *fruitcage*ed.

just think about how bad it would be to make the parts working together.. :nosleep: Usually with the chinese stuff is that it might be ok for itself.. but trying to match it together with some other branded parts.. then you`re *fruitcage*ed.

As long as they don't get "creative" we should be ok. Knock on wood. The china clone pistols have done ok. The biggest problem would be inferior material though this hasn't been the case yet... All I know is that I won't be providing any upgrade work to someone who wants a frankenWAM4 like that. :P

WOW! You've created a very comprehensive list of WA M4 parts and accessories. Thanks for the link. Bookmarked!

Thx.

But it's look ugly on forums... I can't sort if. And people can't open and just choose "Inner barrel" or "metall body". "Scroll down. Search". Damn. And yeah, it's not "muli-lang"... Anyway... It's have pics and prices and the links... "For people with love". Search, click, buy. Pretty simple. %)

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...15_srch_WA%20m4

Is that just the stock barrel and hop?

Also have quite a bit of questions.

1. If I upgrade the bolt stop and hop up, I should be pretty much ready for green gas correct?

2. What do you guys lube/clean after using your weapon and what do you use to do this.

3. If I hold the trigger and cycle the bolt back without a mag in, do you think this can be harmful? Thanks in advance for asking my newb questions.

Edited by nickthebrick65