Western Arms M4 CQB-R

Hey i just bought a Western Arms M4 and i bought all the G&P upgrade parts. Would anyone be kind enough to post instructions on how to install upgrade parts EX: sear, hammer pin set, 120% hammer spring, and the Hammer set. Also i bought the airsoft Surgeon 140% recoil spring and i was wondering if you would recommend installing this. Because now i'm afraid it will be to powerful. Thanks for all the help

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically for the hammer stuff you're just popping pins out. Everything is held in by pins. Knock the receiver pins out to remove the upper and the lower parts to get to the internals. Then pop the hammer pin out, then the sear pin. Make sure you take note about how the springs are positioned so you can put it back in the right way. I don't recommend you put in the recoil spring because yes...it will be too powerful.

Hey thanks for your help!!! Once i'm none with all my internal and external upgrades i will be sure to post pics!! One more question, I'm looking for a new RIS system preferably 10" free floating rails. I checked Airsoftgi.com and redwolf.com, but they are sold out of the King Arms 10" rails. Any ideas. Thanks

Hey militaryman, mind posting step by step picture instructions when you install your upgrades? I got the same parts you did and am wondering how to take apart the trigger assembly myself... if all else fails I'll try and enlist my AF/NG friends to help out.

Hey militaryman, mind posting step by step picture instructions when you install your upgrades? I got the same parts you did and am wondering how to take apart the trigger assembly myself... if all else fails I'll try and enlist my AF/NG friends to help out.

Sure no problem. I will probably make a video on youtube.com! I'm also ordering the G&P Metal Body!! Can't wait

I will be getting the G&P SR16 metal body. Does anybody know if you can make a "G&P SR-25K URX Front Set" fit on a Western Arms M4. Thanks

Is that front end specifically made for an AEG?

If so, then its gonna be a no. Unless, that is, you have access to a milling machine to cut the slot needed in the outer barrel to gain access to the hop-up adjustment dial.

You may also need to have access to a lathe to remove any material needed so that it can fit into the upper receiver.

Edited by sadigh
Is that front end specifically made for an AEG?

If so, then its gonna be a no. Unless, that is, you have access to a milling machine to cut the slot needed in the outer barrel to gain access to the hop-up adjustment dial.

You may also need to have access to a lathe to remove any material needed so that it can fit into the upper receiver.

not true. you will be able to mount aeg specific rails on the g&p metal body. when using the g&p outer barrel with the WA delta ring be prepared to have A LOT of shims. other wise get a new delta ring if your rail system does not come with it.

not true. you will be able to mount aeg specific rails on the g&p metal body. when using the g&p outer barrel with the WA delta ring be prepared to have A LOT of shims. other wise get a new delta ring if your rail system does not come with it.

Are you sure about that? Not all AEG specific rails use the standard m4 barrel nut. What if it's a diff style? Even if someone does use a g&p outer barrel meant for the wa m4, if the rails don't accomodate the hole for the hop up adjustment then it defeats the purpose. If you've read any of the older posts wupjak already mentioned using an AEG piston head o-ring as a space filler. I can 2nd that as i've tried it and it works.

to militaryman - you will not be able to use the outer barrel that comes with it without having to drill and cut it. And even then i wouldn't use it. You might need to get g&p's m16 length outer barrels meant for the wam4. Now whether the rail itself won't cover or hide the hop-up adjustment dial i'm not sure. Try posting the question in the technical discussions thread about how the rail is mounted. Might have a better chance finding someone who has one.

Edited by shinhk

I was talking about the barrel dude ;)

I've decided on a RIS (http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=1243&osCsid=dcda0c79b2506442efe302e937686767)..Its the G & P M4 A1 CQB RIS Kit ( Long Version )..I'm not using the barrel because it obviously won't work with the WA M4, but i'm going to use the RIS!!! I'm about to place a $700 for accessories for this gun!!!

1.G & P M4 A1 CQB RIS Kit ( Long Version ) $220

2.Hurrican E 553 Holo Sight $183

3.G & P SR16 M4 Metal Body for WA M4 $180

4. Pro Arms Barrel Set for WA M4 $84

5. Shipping $50ish

TOTAL=$700ish

1.G & P M4 A1 CQB RIS Kit ( Long Version ) $220

4. Pro Arms Barrel Set for WA M4 $84

why don't you just buy the G&P kits made for the wam4? it comes with the barrel...i would beef up the internals first before spending a mass amount of money on externals. No use buying a set of $2000 rims on car with no engine. ;)

I have so many questions....What brand and size ammo is recommend with this gun. I've heard problems with some bbs. I have a PDI inner barrel installed.

KSC or...if you really want to go crazy then Maruzen SGMs

Just wondering, has anyone attempt to mod or restrict the full auto function without using the $533USD Prime MUR-1-semi-only version?

I recall many times people have said WA m4 is better off as a DMR/ Semi auto sniper rifle instead of a Assault rifle role due to the cool down, and magazine problem.

I tried a few realsteel parts I had laying around tonight:

GG&G Ambi sling plate

WAM4_GGGRing01.JPG

WAM4_GGGRing02.JPG

Fits pretty well though you can see in the pics the WA body's profile isn't quite correct. It works fine despite this however.

RRA Ergo Grip

WAM4_RRAGrip01.JPG

WAM4_RRAGrip02.JPG

Fit well, though it does not align perfectly with the body as you can see in the pic (look at the back and you will see there is slight overhang). It still feels fine. It's ruberized and nice and grippy. It came with a lower parts kit for one of my ARs, not sure why I never tried it out (it's been chilling in a parts box for a few years now).

I also tried a spare rear body pin (probable by RRA) but found it to be too loose. My stock one was way too tight so I was looking for solutions. I ended up just doing a little filing to make the stock one work better.